The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a catchy little thing. I played it over and over again. The article said there's a DVD in the deluxe edition—what's that of?

Something about the instrumental on this demo is very signature Chris McVie piano style to me: my brain is screaming it's Christine playing a keyboard, not Lindsey on a guitar. The fact that it's a guitar timbre may come down to a sequencer or a sampler (like the Fairlight CMI) porting a metallic guitar patch through a keyboard that Christine triggers by playing it like a piano.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-04-2017, 02:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
This is a catchy little thing. I played it over and over again. The article said there's a DVD in the deluxe edition—what's that of?

Something about the instrumental on this demo is very signature Chris McVie piano style to me: my brain is screaming it's Christine playing a keyboard, not Lindsey on a guitar. The fact that it's a guitar timbre may come down to a sequencer or a sampler (like the Fairlight CMI) porting a metallic guitar patch through a keyboard that Christine triggers by playing it like a piano.
Can we just pretend that it's 1982, technology wise, for the new project? Before Lindsey KILLED Tango, with insane production(which of course was him living within the times, but sounds embarrassingly dated, now)? Maybe just people actually PLAYING their instruments? Hard to fathom, I know!
Old 03-04-2017, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's rather short, but I like it. Looking forward to their new recordings.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
thanks! i don't see the actual text pasted anywhere (which is giving me some hope that duo album will actually happen) so putting it here for safekeeping:

Hear Fleetwood Mac's Unreleased 'Tango in the Night' Demo 'Where We Belong'

Track co-written by Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie appears on upcoming 30th-anniversary reissue of band's hit 1987 LP

Hear "Where We Belong," a previously unreleased Fleetwood Mac demo from the 'Tango in the Night' sessions, included on a new reissue of the album. Photofest

For the 30th anniversary of Tango in the Night, Fleetwood Mac will reissue the LP, the band's last studio album to date to feature the band's classic Rumours lineup. Alongside remastered versions of tracks like "Seven Wonders" and "Everywhere," the reissue will feature never-before-heard demos and outtakes, like the previously unreleased song "Where We Belong," streaming below.

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie co-wrote the song and share lead vocals. The track perfectly balances the writing and musical styles of the two members, as Buckingham's folky finger-picking melds seamlessly with McVie's brilliant pop simplicity.

Fleetwood Mac's Tango in the Night reissue will be released on March 31st via Warner Bros. Records and will come in three different versions. The deluxe version will feature three CDs, a DVD and a LP. Last year, the band reissued their 1982 album Mirage.

Later this year, Buckingham and McVie will debut a duets LP under the name Buckingham McVie. The pair have harmonized on numerous classic Fleetwood Mac songs, including Mirage's "Hold Me," Tusk's "Think About Me" and Rumours' "Don't Stop." This will be their first album as a duo.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-04-2017, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
And Christine tends not to be surrounded by bulldog, big-name managers and lawyers hired to be pitbulls. LB once remarked something along the lines of, "you know Howard will always take care of Stevie" when they were negotiating something.
yes, his sudden death has me worried that whatever deals he put in place for SN vs FM may be re-negotiated now, depending on who her new mgmt is and how hard line they are. i really hope that doesn't run last minute interference with Buck McVie album and it all falls through.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-04-2017, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Before Lindsey KILLED Tango, with insane production(which of course was him living within the times, but sounds embarrassingly dated, now)?
Everything old is new again. Tango actually sounds pretty fresh, as those 80s synths are hip again.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

I know exactly what you mean. Those instincts of hers are screaming at me, as well.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-04-2017 at 03:45 PM..
Old 03-04-2017, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
Everything old is new again. Tango actually sounds pretty fresh, as those 80s synths are hip again.
As long as you believe it, that's all that matters...
Old 03-04-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
As long as you believe it, that's all that matters...
Some it sounds really good. Go back and jam... (have a few drinks first. ) lol
Old 03-04-2017, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Some it sounds really good. Go back and jam... (have a few drinks first. ) lol
If a band can't (reasonably) replicate the sound live, then it's overdone!
Old 03-04-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
If a band can't (reasonably) replicate the sound live, then it's overdone!
Then you and I better throw half of our respective collections in the garbage. You know it and I know it...

Keep your heart open and your ears shut tight. What will be will be...
Old 03-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

lol i like tango. i enjoy listening to it in all of its 80s glory.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Then you and I better throw half of our respective collections in the garbage. You know it and I know it...

Keep your heart open and your ears shut tight. What will be will be...
But that's WHY Tango has never been a favorite. It IS by my favorite band, so of course I (occasionally) listen to it, BUT, BUT BUT, it doesn't sound like a BAND playing. It sounds like a computer programmer placed every note in the exact, proper place. Which is cold and sterile. Much like you know who...

Mirage was the last "band" effort, IMO. Mirage kicks Tangos ass.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
But that's WHY Tango has never been a favorite. It IS by my favorite band, so of course I (occasionally) listen to it, BUT, BUT BUT, it doesn't sound like a BAND playing. It sounds like a computer programmer placed every note in the exact, proper place. Which is cold and sterile. Much like you know who...

Mirage was the last "band" effort, IMO. Mirage kicks Tangos ass.
well all I have to say to that is..

bum bum chu chu, who who who, who who who who who who
bum bum chu chu, who who who, who who who who who who

and...

what am i doin what am i doin.. what have i dooooooooooooooone..
Old 03-04-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
lol i like tango. i enjoy listening to it in all of its 80s glory.
I blasted it last week.. and I'll eat all the sugar I want..

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCOME TO THE ROOOOOM EVERYONE!!!!!!