User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-23-2003, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by FiercestCalmSea
May?? wtf...that is ridiculous...the album is supposed to be done right...
I heard a little news today (oh boy?). The mastering was done in about three weeks' time, but apparently a vocal got redone just a few days ago (owing to a change in lyric). I don't see why that would delay the release, though, but as you all have pointed out, when you're dealing with Fleetwood Mac, you just ... suffer. Plus, Stevie & Mick & Sheryl aren't the only ones in Hawaii. Mr. Buckingham left for the islands this morning & plans to return February 10. Maybe he's sick of the album already.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

With as much time as Lindsey spends in the studio, I would ASSUME that by the time the album is deemed "finished" and handed over to the record company for release, he just wouldn't even want to HEAR those songs again, much less rehearse 5 hrs a day for two months and then PLAY those songs 4 nights a week for another YEAR or two.

Plus, his going to Hawaii is a good way to get rid of his "Studio Palor" and get some color in his skin.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Well...

I wished if would come out sooner like everyone else, But at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel for 'Mac unlike another band I listen too (Been waiting for "their newest" release since it was rumored for release in Feb. 2000...Still no official word/release date from the "red-headed one".)

...So a couple of months won't kill me, Besides May 6 is cool with me (A week later for the release would make for a cool birthday present...), Brian "Use a lil' Patience" J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-23-2003, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think anyone understands.

We get the Dance...all the promotion, its everywhere.

Right after that we hear about 1. Stevie's Enchanted and Lindsey's solo album.

Stevie's thing came out in 1998, like a good girl she put that out, she knew what the Dance did to her career.

BUT LINDSEY, its 2003, and NOTHING.

Im tired of waiting and its just crap to even think or guess a date because whatever we want give it another 6-12 months because of whatever cruel fate we have all been dealt I wonder if we'll ever hear anything again, except for good ol Stevie who at least puts albums OUT.

I need to chill yes but I have been waiting a LONG A** TIME!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2003, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by David
Stevie & Mick & Sheryl aren't the only ones in Hawaii. Mr. Buckingham left for the islands this morning & plans to return February 10. Maybe he's sick of the album already.
Hopefully the band is just enjoying a few weeks of rest and relaxation before the world tour, and the media blitz everyone's wishing for.

Johnny Stew
Old 01-23-2003, 03:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exactly!!

That's the problem with recording an album...its done so far in the background, that most people just don't realize how much work goes into the process. After all that work, and knowing what is coming up with regards to a long tour, a few weeks of lounging & catching up with family and friends is well deserved Plus, getting AWAY from music altogether, so that when tour rehearsals start, the songs (hopefully) are somewhat fresh and exciting to play...because they'd get pretty stale, if not.

Of course, I still don't believe that only playing 2-1/2 hrs a night to an already enthusiastic, if not over-zealous, audience, 4 nights a week, staying in luxury hotels, being driven around in limousines, flying First Class airfare from town to town, having a 100+ person road crew schlepping, setting up the equipment, tuning guitars & keyboards for you, is "hard work".

*I* still equate "touring" as playing in seedy dives 6 hrs a night, 6 nights a week, months on end; traveling from gig to gig in a barely running Ford Econoline van, sitting on top of amplifiers (with the handle up my butt) for miles upon miles (which is why I prefer DRIVING!), getting NO sleep (hence overdoing the stimulants of all sorts), just barely making it to the next gig and hustling to set up our OWN gear and have the PA working properly and all the guitars in tune by "show time", then having to entertain a ambivalent, yet drunken, audience...having to "prove ourselves" night after night.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default album delay

Album delays are old news to us long-time FM fans=:-)

Carne-I agree with you re: Mick-Mick sometimes has his own version of reality, shall we say-hehe..

I hope though that Warners does something to promote this album. We want it to sell.

Didn't I see something on Mick's board about a photo shoot? Or maybe that was hot air too=:-)
Old 01-23-2003, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Pushed Back???

Why adore these ppl when they toss us around with rumours and delays???Because they Procrastinate but...ARE GREAT!!!
Hang in There!It's already been 15 years!hahaha! Luv Ya',Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey
Old 01-24-2003, 10:05 AM
joe

I think a lot of you are newer fans than myself. Anyway, i've been a fan for a little over 20 years and there has been delayed releases and rumours about stuff since back then and i'm sure even before that. I guess you just harden up to it through the years. For some reason it's not bothering me as much.

Back in around 1984, Rolling Stone had a short article with Lindsey and he said that FM was most likely going to release an album in 1985. Well, obviously it didn't come out till 2 years after that. Also, Stevie was supposed to be dueting with Bob Seger on a song for the RAL album which never happened. FM was supposed to play some gigantic concert in the late '80's and it never happened. I think Stevie's Street Angel album was supposed to come out in 1993 and it didn't till 1994. FM was supposed to be recording a "blues" album in what turned out to be BTM. Oh, there's also the European legs of tours for Enchanted and The Dance that never happened. So......that's just some history of delayed releases and rumours over the years that i remember personally.

Therefore, i totally take everything i hear with a grain of salt regarding them. Plus, i'm not as obsessed with the newer releases as i used to be in the past.

I also remember reading rumours that Fm was supposed to play Russia in 1978 or so and that never happened either.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:08 AM
joe

Default Re: Well...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
...So a couple of months won't kill me, Besides May 6 is cool with me (A week later for the release would make for a cool birthday present...), Brian "Use a lil' Patience" J.

same for me but add 1 more day!!!
Old 01-24-2003, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Joe for that post. It does shed a lot of light on their past processes to help identify the problem at hand right now. I kind of feel more at ease just reading your recollections over the past 20 years. Yeah we all want new music, that fact is naturally accepted among all of us but I guess what we have to open our eyes to and remember is their trend. It will come out and it will be awesome for all of us die hards and in 6 months the annoyance of this delay will fade out of our minds and only the music will stay.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 01-24-2003, 12:55 PM
joe

Also, for me the anticipation of ANYTHING is always more exciting than the actual thing i'm anticipating. When i go to a concert, for example, i'm usually not as happy that day. weird huh? i guess cause i know it'll be over soon.

Anyway, consequently, as a result, therefore....i don't mind this "waiting". i can wait another 6 months if i have to! Also, i need to save up some money for the concerts. I live in an area just north of NYC that allows me to see FM or anyone several times when they come to the area. Plus, i'm going back to school next week and it would be great if they could come around in the summer so it doesn't conflict.

I know that once the concerts are over that'll be it. And that's ok but i'd rather be in this "timespace" than that one.
Old 01-24-2003, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hmmmm...

This to me does not hold out much hope for a FM May 6th release date...

Steely Dan Embraces 'Everything'

Legendary jazz/rock act Steely Dan has put the finishing touches on a new studio album, "Everything Must Go," due May 6 via Reprise. The set is the follow-up to 2000's "Two Against Nature," which was the Donald Fagen/Walter Becker-led group's first album since 1980's "Gaucho." "Two Against Nature" went on to win the Grammy for album of the year and has sold 1 million copies to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

In marked contrast to Fagen and Becker's notoriously methodical recording pace, "Everything Must Go" was wrapped up in about a year. "We went for live tracking this time and got great, in-the-pocket tracks," Becker said in a statement, adding that the album was recorded on analog tape. "It's mad: it's wiggy: I love it," Fagen concurred.

Fagen and Becker are backed on the new set by drummer Keith Carlock, keyboardists Ted Baker and Bill Charlap, and guitarists Jon Herrington and Hugh McCracken. Beyond his usual bass and guitar duties, Becker takes the mic on one as-yet-unnamed tune, marking his first lead vocal in Steely Dan's history.

Despite its critical acclaim, "Two Against Nature" didn't generate any hits along the lines of the "Gaucho" favorites "Hey Nineteen" (No. 10 on The Billboard Hot 100) and "Time Out of Mind" (No. 22). Indeed, backstage at the 2000 Grammys, Fagen told Billboard any new Steely Dan music wouldn't likely be influenced by any modern tunes. "I haven't listened to the radio for, like, 30 years," he admitted. "I still listen to the same jazz records I listened to in high school, basically."

The group is expected to tour in support of "Everything Must Go," but no dates have yet been unveiled.

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:18 PM

"This to me does not hold out much hope for a FM May 6th release date..."

No, and it also shows how an "aging" band can still crank out more than one good album every 15 years .
Old 01-24-2003, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

GIVE IT TIME !!!!!!!!!!! We all know that it will come out eventually. The material that we have heard is good. I am certain taht once it comes out then we will have forgotten all about how long we have waited.