The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-15-2003, 05:53 PM

Lightbulb How many of you?

Strive to own EVERYTHING fleetwood mac related?

That includes Bekka Bramlett, Dave Mason and the likes solo albums, appearances on other peoples records etc

I to be honest want everything

Im only young so, can work my way through till im an oap
Old 01-15-2003, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am always on the lookout for things pertaining to Rumours era and before...nothing to do with Bekka,Billy etc...they just don't interest me at all..while i think they are talented,they merely helped keep FM somewhat in flux through the hard times until most of the true members found their way back.

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 01-15-2003, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, should I? Ok, I will.

While they may not interest you, if they WERE a member of Fleetwood Mac, they were TRUE members of Fleetwood Mac...so Billy Burnette and Bekka Bramlett and Rick Vito and Dave Mason and all the pre-1975 crew all COUNT. Nobody (except Bob Brunning) was there just to "merely help keep FM somewhat in flux through the hard times". Nobody was a "placecard", they were actual living, breathing members of Fleetwood Mac.

From 1987 until 1997, there was no guarantee that Lindsey Buckingham ever wanted anything to do with "Fleetwood Mac" again...therefore, after 1990, there was no guarantee that Stevie Nicks would be interesting in "anything Mac" (saying that if Lindsey wasn't there, she didn't want to be, either)...Christine had already proved in 1994 that she meant what she said at the end of the BTM tour about NOT TOURING, but that she would be open to recording with Fleetwood Mac again.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I myself am a Rumours lineup enthusiast. If the song has Lindsey, Christine or Stevie on lead, I want it. No disrespect to fans of the other lineups, but I just never bonded with their sound.

John
Old 01-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sweet jesus:::ducks:::: Ok ok,...so they are true members..i just happen to not like them at all and i was trying not to come right out and say it...damn...

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 01-16-2003, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've always wanted to have everything by FM, but I know it's going to take me ages. I'm only young and have only started collecting sincr July. During that time, I think I've only got 15 FM albums and 1 Stevie album.
Old 01-16-2003, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't feel the need to won everything...I have other priorities in life. I try to get what I can but my main interest is the rumours line up, especially Stevie

Pip
Old 01-16-2003, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile Yup...

I'm with ChiliD & Iamstevienicks. I strive to have it all, ALL 16 members, yep, Bruns too. I've got about 20 or so items to go before I am "caught up" with the audio side of things but some of those things are SO rare, I am not optimistic about finding them but hopefully someday...

John
Old 01-16-2003, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't have everything Fleetwood Mac, but I have most of it. There's just some of the old Peter Green stuff that I'm missing, and that's OK since that's my least favorite version of the band anyway. But, I am trying to get everything that Christine is on both with Fleetwood Mac and solo and I'm almost there.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:12 AM

My favourite little things to get at the moment on ebay are the french,german and japanese picture singles which are so much nicer than the Uk and US counterparts and ultimately very different!!

Also casette singles and casette albums (some are quite tough to find)
Old 01-16-2003, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question CASSETTE SINGLES

Quote:
Originally posted by iamstevienicks
Also casette singles and casette albums (some are quite tough to find)
Yeah I know, tell me about it, my SN "Blue denim" cassette single (with "Mirror miror") broke so I'm on the prowl for a replacement one but can't find one anywhere.

Anyone know a good place I can find an original in playable condition of SN's BD w/MM cass single? (and yes, I've been trying ebay/GEMM etc.) Any help would be great,thanks in advanace.

John
Old 01-16-2003, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just wonderding, but are there many 7" singles? I've only found 12" of Everywhere, but parents don't(well, I don't think they do) have a record player.(I would have got it if they did)
Old 01-16-2003, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question MAC FAN

Seven inch singles are generally more common than the twelve inch singles but if you meant of "Blue denim", I don't know as it's only the cassette single that I'm interested in of that since it's the only format that has "Mirror miror" on it (in other words it's not on the BD CD single etc.).

John
Old 01-16-2003, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: MAC FAN

Quote:
Originally posted by wetcamelfood
Seven inch singles are generally more common than the twelve inch singles but if you meant of "Blue denim", I don't know as it's only the cassette single that I'm interested in of that since it's the only format that has "Mirror miror" on it (in other words it's not on the BD CD single etc.).

John
I was talking about singles in general, not just Blue denim.
Old 01-16-2003, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I used to be that way but its way too expensive.

I was on just to get the Rumours line up ...and Stevie, Christine, Lindsey solo.

But thats hard. I have alot of singles...12 inch records and the small records, I have cd singles I got off Ebay, I have actual records and cds of course. I have tons of magazines, and pics.

My thing was videos, to get every single video out there...but that even proved too hard. I have like 60-75 videos ( I really should count) but I am scared that I will never get to see them because of the dvd thing happening!

Now Im just trying to get everything on cd I can, demos, outtakes, b sides, albums , everything. I want pre and post rumours line up as well. I have lots of tapes but now they are obsolete so I just have to keep starting over.

But yeah, I want everything..I really do!