Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-14-2003, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default So where's the info?

Being a fan of FM for 20 years, I'm kind of used to seeing very litttle publicity from the band. But why do we have press releases from all the other major acts releasing albums this spring but nothing yet from FM.

Madonna has a record coming out in April as well and we already know the title of the first single ("American Life"). I thought Stevie learned a lesson with TISL. We knew that record was coming for months before it was released, and I've never seen a bigger buzz about one of her releases. With a No. 5 debut I think the strategy worked.

So I ask, where is the buzz? Where is the info? And how long do we have to wait before we see somthing? It's frustrating.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Good question...

Frustrating is right! This is ridiculous. They have their own official site now that they could be using as an incredible marketing tool. Instead, it's the same boring information that has been there for 3 months. They should be loading the thing up with studio diaries, song clips, interviews, photos, Q & A's, and contests. There's really no excuse for such a wasted opportunity.

It's crazy because as the release date (or month/s) gets closer, I keep thinking "Well surely this week we'll find something out...an interview, a press release, an album title. Something." And then, week after week, nothing happens, so it just makes me more and more impatient because we're getting so freaking close now.

To top it off, the only things we are hearing - that it will likely only be 1 CD, even after all of Mick's crowing about a double CD set; the number of songs keeps dwindling - are not exactly encouraging. It would be nice to get some kind of confirmation on this stuff.

Well, let's look at it this way - a month from now, we'll have to know more than we do now...won't we?

Mike B.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The sad thing is that over 90% of what we have found out in the past year has been through the collective efforts of all the Ledgies, presented in informative posts here in the forums. I reckon that (if not on an international level then at least on a non-U.S. level) most Fleetwood Mac fans probably STILL don't know that a new album is due in April.

Come on Warner Bros., get your act together!!!