User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-17-2003, 03:02 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet

I didn't like that little twittle at the end of each line, that high thing...I think that should be changed...

No way, babe! That's the best part!
Old 01-17-2003, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Peacekeeper is OK. I don't think it is all that great and nothing to get excited over. Just my opinion.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been mainly a Stevie fan....but 'Peacekeeper' rocks my world!!!! I;ve been playing it non-stop for the past 2 days!!!!!

~Alex

Old 01-17-2003, 08:09 PM
Ledgie

I can't get the entire song to DL... I can only get a few seconds of it...

Adam R.
Old 01-18-2003, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca

DownOnRodeo, Lindsey spent a lot of time listening to Radiohead while he was recording GOS songs. The influence of both is evident in a lot of the songs.
In whch songs?
Old 01-18-2003, 10:54 PM
Ledgie

Have you ever noticed that many really good songs first have similarities to other great songs you have heard somewhere? After all, music is built on past sounds, right? Come on....think. That was my first thought when CarneVaca pointed out the Paul Simon "Kodachrome" connection. He was right. However, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that after several listenings to "Peacekeeper", it takes on it's own unique sound?(Like the good songs generally do). This is really a good, TIMELY mid-tempo pop/rock song.

Does anyone else agree with my observation/theory?
Old 01-18-2003, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
However, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that after several listenings to "Peacekeeper", it takes on it's own unique sound?(Like the good songs generally do). This is really a good, TIMELY mid-tempo pop/rock song.

Does anyone else agree with my observation/theory?
I noticed the same thing today. If this song becomes a hit, some of the "older" folks are going to make that connection. A lot of the younger ones won't. And as you said, it will take a life of its own after a while.

Someone mentioned earlier the 80s-type production on this song. I was listening for that, and indeed Peacekeeper seems to have a different feel from a lot fo the other GOS songs. When it shows up on the album (if it does) perhaps it will be produced somewhat differently. The bluesy acoustic riff is definitely not 80s; it's the chorus that has more of an 80s feel to me. Then again, the chorus is the catchiest part. However it turns out, I'm sure it will be a great song, especially once Mick and John do their thing to it.

As for adding Stevie's harmony on this one, I'm not sure it's needed. And as Steve mentioned earlier, it has never been a prerequisite to have Stevie's voice on all Lindsey's contributions to Fleetwood Mac.
Old 01-19-2003, 12:49 AM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 01-19-2003, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
Why?
If you haven't heard "Kodachrome," you won't make the connection. Remember that in 1997 a lot of teenagers got into Fleetwood Mac because of The Dance. Just as some of that is bound to happen with 14- and 15-year olds this time around. If they haven't heard "Kodachrome," they won't make the connection with "Peacekeeper's" melody.
Old 01-19-2003, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the "Kodachrome" comparison is overblown. Yes, it IS similar, but only vaguely. You're making it out to be knocking of the door or plagiarism, which it is nowhere near. If I use that criteria, I could also make a case for "Peacekeeper" to have the same chord progression as Hendrix's version of "Hey Joe". I doubt even one other person would've even noticed and it doesn't smack me in the face when I hear it because 100's of songs have that same chord progression.
Old 01-19-2003, 08:04 PM
Ledgie

Wink

I don't think anyone has said there was an overpowering similarity. Whether "you" hear it or not, it's there. In fact, by looking at the posts, most people like the song.
Old 01-20-2003, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG, how's this for Mac wierdness...I had my music player on random and Peacekeeper came on first and then Thrown Down played!!! and they do sound great together!!

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64
Old 01-20-2003, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm very interested to hear what kind of production the other Stevie Nicks songs will have on the new album....Judging by THROWN DOWN, the production is very different musically than her TISL Songs, and her last Fleetwood Mac contributions....although it has some of those same elements, it's very different to me...I want to here "Illume" so bad...the whole thing

Chris