User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I was a fool to skip all those shows. But I thought they were all deteriorating musically. I hadn't come to appreciate their current "sound" (which is kind of like trying to jog in the swimming pool—they all felt so lethargic).
I know what your saying about the sound. They absolutely had already deteriorated vocally and I thought they weren’t even as loud in 2014 as I remembered from past tours. But when Christine started singing “sweet wonderful you” and the crowd screamed, I knew it was worth going. Four songs from Tango with the actual fivesome who recorded it. Seven Wonders in and Stand Back out. Don’t Stop with the right lyrics and proper key. Songbird with Lindsey on stage playing a solo. It was a fantastic show and for it being the last time I will see Fleetwood Mac, a good ending.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Then don't watch it.

What is up with so many people on this board telling others what to do/don’t do?

I believe this is called a discussion board.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:19 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Well Christine is standing at a mic quite close to Stevie and they are both singing with Neil. Is that just as lame for both of you or does it only qualify for Stevie?
I didn’t see Christine, but ok I will add her.

I don’t necessarily see it as lame. More disappointing, disgraceful. They could’ve created a setlist without Lindsey songs. And while I’m at it, Finn doesn’t sing these songs that well. His voice is nice enough, but kind of flat. If he had reinvented the songs, it would be less awful.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
They could’ve created a setlist without Lindsey songs.
They very easily could have, but then people would be angry that they completely wrote him out of their history. My preference would have been for MM and SHN to get dropped before I Got You and Hypnotized.

Quote:
And while I’m at it, Finn doesn’t sing these songs that well. His voice is nice enough, but kind of flat. If he had reinvented the songs, it would be less awful.
He sounded fine to me.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-19-2018, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They very easily could have, but then people would be angry that they completely wrote him out of their history. My preference would have been for MM and SHN to get dropped before I Got You and Hypnotized.

He sounded fine to me.
I agree... people were going to complain either way. Ultimately, regardless of how people feel about FM after firing Lindsey, I think it was respectful of them to not try and erase Lindsey from the set list, which they could have done. Performing songs written by Lindsey is an acknowledgement of his importance to the band. For them to NOT do that would be disrespectful, imo.

I was blown away by Neil singing Monday Morning, but I also wish they had kept Hypnotized and I Got You. I am still disappointed I didn't see them in Cleveland when those songs were still in the set list.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

DDIO:
https://youtu.be/Cy3AvTju-nk

You Make Loving Fun:
https://youtu.be/Arscd-swPFo

Last edited by gldstwmn; 11-19-2018 at 02:59 PM..
Old 11-19-2018, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

What is up with so many people on this board telling others what to do/don’t do?

I believe this is called a discussion board.
Right?!Super creepy and weird. I'm missing the old Ledge as much as I'm missing the real FM.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They very easily could have, but then people would be angry.
Good point.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
Right?!Super creepy and weird. I'm missing the old Ledge as much as I'm missing the real FM.
The Stevie vs Lindsey and FM vs Lindsey stuff has resulted in so much bitterness and animosity here. It’s very much an us vs them mentality. People can’t just express an opinion without being attacked. And there’s an immediate assumption that if you say one thing, you must be in one camp. It doesn’t leave a lot of room for people to express opinions.

I’ve been reading the Ledge since 2005. It used to be fun, humorous, spirited but respectful discussion. It was not dominated by bullies who post endlessly and try to beat people down in order to “win”. I’m starting to learn that some of the bullies here also bully on Twitter, it’s easy to be anonymous and do that. I’m sure none of the bullies act this way in real life. These people have crossed the line between being a fan with strong opinion and being so invested that they see themselves as part of the drama that is really just between the members of the band.

I post harsh replies at times but only when the bullying is out of control. Somebody’s got to say something to these people.

Last edited by Buster; 11-20-2018 at 11:00 AM..
Old 11-20-2018, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
It's Thanksgiving. Could we all take maybe 5 minutes to stop bitching and complaing about what we don't have or anything for that matter? If Christine's vocals offend you that much then don't f+cking listen. It's that simple. Do something better with your time like count your blessings.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 11-20-2018 at 06:03 PM..
Old 11-20-2018, 02:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
It's Thanksgiving. Could we all take maybe 5 minutes to stop bitching and complaing about what we don't have or anything for that matter? If Christine's vocals offend you that much then don't f+cking listen. It's that simple. Do something better with your time like count you blessings.
Thanks for proving my point within an hour. I used to support you because of the sexist attacks on you but you’re a bully like the rest of them. No one needs you telling us what or how to do, think, say, act. It’s that simple. And to see you scolding people for complaining is classic. I guess I will add the passive aggressive
Old 11-20-2018, 02:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
It's Thanksgiving. Could we all take maybe 5 minutes to stop bitching and complaing about what we don't have or anything for that matter? If Christine's vocals offend you that much then don't f+cking listen. It's that simple. Do something better with your time like count you blessings.
Thanks for proving my point within an hour. I used to support you because of the sexist attacks on you but you’re a bully like the rest of them. No one needs you telling us what or how to do, think, say, act. It’s that simple. And to see you scolding people for complaining is classic. I guess I will add the passive aggressive

Christine’s vocals don’t offend. They are terrible on the video that you posted. It’s fair to watch, listen, and comment.

You and the other bullies don’t run this board. Stop telling people what to do. You don’t like it, don’t read and count your own blessing.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Christine’s vocals don’t offend. They are terrible on the video that you posted. It’s fair to watch, listen, and comment.

You and the other bullies don’t run this board. Stop telling people what to do. You don’t like it, don’t read and count your own blessing.
Sod off.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Sod off.
You’re obnoxious and insufferable. I doubt you are like this in real life. What a way to spend your time. I’d feel sorry for you if you weren’t so awful.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:27 PM

C'mon you guys... Do I gotta lock down threads here, too?

Take it down a notch. Please....

I'd rather you guys accuse me of not moderating than have to lock threads and run to Michele...

And wow... that version of YMLF was terrible.