The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Why are recent polls titled "non-hits"?

I'll start out by saying that I have no interest in the polls that have been appearing on the board recently, though of course I have no problem with those who are having fun with them.

But since I keep seeing new polls appear every week or two, I've become curious as to why they are titled "non-hits" from albums. Not counting compilation albums such as English Rose, Fleetwood Mac never had any hits that appeared on their albums until the Buckingham-Nicks era. I suppose there's "Oh Well", but that only appeared on repackaged editions of Then Play On after it had already become a hit single - it was not on the original album. So shouldn't the poll titles just eliminate the "non-hits" part since it's not applicable to the albums from this era?
Old 03-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Apparently you don't visit the Rumours forum! That's fine. I'll explain.

I'm running another Fleetwood Mac song contest called "Favorite Non-Hit FM song". Fleetwood Mac have a lot of great songs that might not get all the grandeur and attention from us fans, because the more popular/favorite songs get all the fuss.

This contest covers all eras of Fleetwood Mac - Pre-Rumours, Rumours, and Post-Rumours. I posted a thread on this very forum called "What Pre-Rumours era songs do you consider to be hits". You may check the first few posts in that thread to see the songs that we deemed "hits". Eventually all of these songs that win these polls will compete for the #1 favorite non-hit song.

On the Rumours forum, we have had great discussion/argument on what our favorite non-hits are and in general what songs fall into the category of "hit"/"non-hit".

For whatever reason, Ledgies who belong to this forum do not like my contest(or me) and choose not to participate, even though there is not anything else going on this forum. Regardless, Pre-Rumours songs are Fleetwood Mac songs and will have polls just like Rumours/Post-Rumours songs, even if only 3 Ledgies participate!

Thanks...hope I answered your question...

Happy Voting!!!!

Last edited by MacShadowsBall; 03-30-2012 at 04:46 PM..
Old 04-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default non hits

I guess we are just old and in the way

That was a great name for one of Jerry Garcia's last bands.

I still vote though, however meaningless it it. If it makes those folks happy...good.

theirs is bigger than ours
Old 04-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Apparently you don't visit the Rumours forum! That's fine. I'll explain.

I'm running another Fleetwood Mac song contest called "Favorite Non-Hit FM song". Fleetwood Mac have a lot of great songs that might not get all the grandeur and attention from us fans, because the more popular/favorite songs get all the fuss.

This contest covers all eras of Fleetwood Mac - Pre-Rumours, Rumours, and Post-Rumours. I posted a thread on this very forum called "What Pre-Rumours era songs do you consider to be hits". You may check the first few posts in that thread to see the songs that we deemed "hits". Eventually all of these songs that win these polls will compete for the #1 favorite non-hit song.

On the Rumours forum, we have had great discussion/argument on what our favorite non-hits are and in general what songs fall into the category of "hit"/"non-hit".

For whatever reason, Ledgies who belong to this forum do not like my contest(or me) and choose not to participate, even though there is not anything else going on this forum. Regardless, Pre-Rumours songs are Fleetwood Mac songs and will have polls just like Rumours/Post-Rumours songs, even if only 3 Ledgies participate!

Thanks...hope I answered your question...

Happy Voting!!!!
Here is another poll for you, "Least Favourite Hits"!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How about "Least Favourite Non-hit Hidden Track" ?
There's one at the end of Destiny Road.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
I guess we are just old and in the way

That was a great name for one of Jerry Garcia's last bands.

I still vote though, however meaningless it it. If it makes those folks happy...good.

theirs is bigger than ours

That's the first time I thought someone from "the other side" felt their farts smell better than ours. Yet no original band, no pop commercial success, and both versions are in the RnR hall of fame for a good reason!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
How about "Least Favourite Non-hit Hidden Track" ?
There's one at the end of Destiny Road.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Here is another poll for you, "Least Favourite Hits"!
Great idea! I had thought of that one recently!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
For whatever reason, Ledgies who belong to this forum do not like my contest(or me) and choose not to participate, even though there is not anything else going on this forum.
Happy Voting!!!!
I admire your efforts to stimulate activity on The Ledge. I can't speak for others, but the reason I stopped participating in the poll is because of the shear continuous onslaught of polls. There is just so many ways to dissect and breakdown the same general subject matter.

But it's a harmless distraction. No children or animals are harmed in the process. Though I don't vote, I will admit that I sometimes look at the results!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I admire your efforts to stimulate activity on The Ledge. I can't speak for others, but the reason I stopped participating in the poll is because of the shear continuous onslaught of polls. There is just so many ways to dissect and breakdown the same general subject matter.

But it's a harmless distraction. No children or animals are harmed in the process. Though I don't vote, I will admit that I sometimes look at the results!
I understand. Thanks PenguinHead.