Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie

I don't know if anybody else is wondering about this, but I am.

Will Stevie comment on the new album? Or possibly even help promote it?
Now, it seems unlikely that Stevie would perform at any Buckingham McVie shows, but I think it's a distinct possibility that she will attend one or several shows as an audience member. Do you think she will?

And then there's Mick and John, will they form part of Buckingham McVie's band? If not, I think it's near certain they'll attend several shows to observe. Seems more likely than Stevie doing that anyway.

But I really hope even though she was the only one not involved in the project, she truly supports it and appreciates the music. It would be great if she gave it her endorsement.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I don't know if anybody else is wondering about this, but I am.

Will Stevie comment on the new album? Or possibly even help promote it?
Now, it seems unlikely that Stevie would perform at any Buckingham McVie shows, but I think it's a distinct possibility that she will attend one or several shows as an audience member. Do you think she will?

And then there's Mick and John, will they form part of Buckingham McVie's band? If not, I think it's near certain they'll attend several shows to observe. Seems more likely than Stevie doing that anyway.

But I really hope even though she was the only one not involved in the project, she truly supports it and appreciates the music. It would be great if she gave it her endorsement.
In this article she says she hasn't heard the album but expects that it's "pretty great, because why wouldn't it be?"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/even...s-rumours.html
Old 05-28-2017, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She won't. I have so little doubt on this. She DIDN'T want to be a part of it, so I think it would be embarrassing for her to promote it. She's busy being Stevie...you know, with unicorns, gold dust, and fairy farts.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:42 AM
Ledgie

Lindsey and Christine have rarely if ever commented publicly on Stevie's work outside the band so I would be extremely surprised if she said anything about B/M.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exactly. If they can't acknowledge her successful solo career then it's extremely unlikely that she'll address their album.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

No I don't think Stevie will attend any of their shows. But I anticipate the passive/aggressive Lindsey vs Stevie drama to heat up after the Buckingham/McVie tour and the Mac goes into rehearsals for their big final tour.
Lindsey prefers new music than playing the "hits." I could see him wanting to play a song from the Buckingham/McVie album. This would put Stevie in an odd situation and has the perfect retaliation up her sleeve. Prepare to see Stand Back in the setlist. This will be her counter passive/aggressiveness to Lindsey wanting to play one of his newer songs that she was not involved with.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No I don't think Stevie will attend any of their shows. But I anticipate the passive/aggressive Lindsey vs Stevie drama to heat up after the Buckingham/McVie tour and the Mac goes into rehearsals for their big final tour.
Lindsey prefers new music than playing the "hits." I could see him wanting to play a song from the Buckingham/McVie album. This would put Stevie in an odd situation and has the perfect retaliation up her sleeve. Prepare to see Stand Back in the setlist. This will be her counter passive/aggressiveness to Lindsey wanting to play one of his newer songs that she was not involved with.
Oh I completely agree that if ANY Buckingham McVie songs ever make a Fleetwood Mac set, Stand Back will twirl itself back to the stage.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"In retaliation?" LOL! Anyone here remember Lindsey singing his solo 'hit' Go Insane on a Fleetwood Mac tour? Cuz I remember he sang it on 2 different FM tours. I always thought it so odd that Lindsey chose to sing Big Love and Go Insane back to back, since they sound like the same song.

Lindsey likes to perform new songs? Sure, who doesn't? But remember, Lindsey and Christine have said in interviews BuckVie IS NOT a FM album remember? It's NOT a FM album. John and Mick only play on some songs, but BuckVie is a duets album between Christine and Lindsey. It is NOT a FM album, so of course they won't sing songs from this album during a FM tour. Now, if they had a hit off the album, maybe they would, but all the singles have bombed so far. They can play all the BuckVie songs they want on their little tour they're doing, but when the Mac reunite for their next and supposedly final tour, they won't perform any BuckVie songs. Stand Back is different; it was a huge hit AND it appeared on the FM Chain box set. If Lindsey wants to sing one of his 2 solo hits (Trouble or Holiday Road, which I think hit the top 50) or Chrisine either of her 2 top 20 hits, I say go for it. But a BuckVie song that bombed? No thanks.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
"In retaliation?" LOL! Anyone here remember Lindsey singing his solo 'hit' Go Insane on a Fleetwood Mac tour? Cuz I remember he sang it on 2 different FM tours. I always thought it so odd that Lindsey chose to sing Big Love and Go Insane back to back, since they sound like the same song.

Lindsey likes to perform new songs? Sure, who doesn't? But remember, Lindsey and Christine have said in interviews BuckVie IS NOT a FM album remember? It's NOT a FM album. John and Mick only play on some songs, but BuckVie is a duets album between Christine and Lindsey. It is NOT a FM album, so of course they won't sing songs from this album during a FM tour. Now, if they had a hit off the album, maybe they would, but all the singles have bombed so far. They can play all the BuckVie songs they want on their little tour they're doing, but when the Mac reunite for their next and supposedly final tour, they won't perform any BuckVie songs. Stand Back is different; it was a huge hit AND it appeared on the FM Chain box set. If Lindsey wants to sing one of his 2 solo hits (Trouble or Holiday Road, which I think hit the top 50) or Chrisine either of her 2 top 20 hits, I say go for it. But a BuckVie song that bombed? No thanks.
You are getting funnier.
Don't you think an album should be released first before you say it bombed?
Only those living in a Stevie fairy tale world believe all Fleetwood Mac musicians playing on an album is not a Fleetwood Mac album. But hey Ok
Stand Back is such a hit. Maybe they should do it 2 different times in the set and then play Talk To me too or anything that made top 5 pop charts. Better yet, maybe they should only do Stevie solo material the entire set?
But back to the original thought and post. You don't acknowledge the passive/aggressive interchange between Stevie and Lindsey that has went on for decades? I suppose you are the ones that would cry during Silver Springs and say because they held hands during Landslide proves they are secretly in love
C'mon now. Your hate for Fleetwood Mac should not be stronger than your love for Stevie Nicks

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-28-2017 at 10:13 AM..
Old 05-28-2017, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You are getting funnier.
Only those living in a Stevie fairy tale world believe all Fleetwood Mac musicians playing on an album is not a Fleetwood Mac album. But hey Ok
Stand Back is such a hit. Maybe they should do it 2 different times in the set and then play Talk To me too or anything that made top 5 pop charts. Better yet, maybe they should only do Stevie solo material the entire set?
But back to the original thought and post. You don't acknowledge the passive/aggressive interchange between Stevie and Lindsey that has went on for decades? I suppose you are the ones that would cry during Silver Springs and say because they held hands during Landslide proves they are secretly in love
C'mon now. Your hate for Fleetwood Mac should not be stronger than your love for Stevie Nicks
god I love this post!!!!!
Old 05-28-2017, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You are getting funnier.
I never said the BuckVie album bombed, just the three singles that have been released.

Christine and Lindsey are the ones saying BuckVie is NOT a FM album. Months ago, when I said this clearly WAS a FM album, just without Stevie, people here were screaming it was NOT a FM album. I wish you guys would make up your mind LOL.

I don't care whether FM plays Stand Back or not. However, I would much rather hear Got a Hold On Me or Holiday Road than anything from BuckVie, that's all. I think it would be cool if the three sang one solo hit each during a FM concert.

Sure I acknowledge the phoniness/passive-aggressiveness between Stevie and Lindsey. Of course it's phony when Stevie hugs Lindsey during Landslide. What's your point? Not trying to be rude, especially since it seems we agree on this point.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:48 AM
HomerMcvie
This message has been deleted by HomerMcvie. Reason: douchebaggery is my computer
Old 05-28-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
You are getting funnier.
You crack me up!!
Old 05-28-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

I think Trouble and Go Insane charted rather well.
Trouble reached #9 and was a number one hit in Australia.

I know that probably disappoints you because you love to pit the members against Stevie's success. But in truth, her success doesn't make her better or worse. She's more of an entertainer than a musician. Sales in music mean very little to me. I'm glad FM had success because they continue to make new music. But, I would never say Adele is better than Stevie Nicks because she sells more, or has more smash hits. I didn't even do that when I was a teenager.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think Trouble and Go Insane charted rather well.
Trouble reached #9 and was a number one hit in Australia.

I know that probably disappoints you because you love to pit the members against Stevie's success. But in truth, her success doesn't make her better or worse. She's more of an entertainer than a musician. Sales in music mean very little to me. I'm glad FM had success because they continue to make new music. But, I would never say Adele is better than Stevie Nicks because she sells more, or has more smash hits. I didn't even do that when I was a teenager.
Feel free to point out anywhere in my post where I said such a thing. I didn't. Even when I was a teenager LOL.

I was shocked and disappointed to learn Holiday Road barely made the top 80- I still hear that song on the radio every now and again, while I don't think I've heard Go Insane on the radio since 1983! Weird.

If Lindsey sings a solo song during a FM concert, I hope he sings Trouble or Holiday Road.

Interesting you see Stevie as more of an entertainer than a musician. I see Lindsey as more of a musician than an entertainer. Doesn't mean one label is better than another, of course, but you raise a valid point I hadn't thought of before.
Old 05-28-2017, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The fighting on this board reminds me of high school.