The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:24 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Who all has met members of Fleetwood Mac?

I am a newbie here. I have always been a Fleetwood Mac Fan, but was very fortunate to have met Mick in December by being at the right place at the right time. He was a genuinely nice person who was very patient, and humble. Anybody else here meet any members?
Old 01-26-2015, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick on his Costco tours (lol-his various stops for his wine line-just seems many of the stops were @ Costco) then LB after a bay area show (VERY cordial!!) again LB, sorta, not so personal (i.e pic/sig) high northern cal show, and SN (southern cal for IYD signing) because I'm deranged and made the 16+ hour drive.
It's my lifes dream to meet Chris & John. I fancy SN dearly, but am an ardent FM fan.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 01-26-2015, 06:25 AM
Junior Ledgie

Wow that is awesome of how many you have met. Hope you get to meet Chris and John on this tour!!
Old 01-28-2015, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's see...

Peter Green
Bob Welch
Rick Vito
Stevie Nicks
Lindsey Buckingham
Christine McVie
Mick Fleetwood
John McVie

and, just outside the "inner circle":

Richard Dashut
Sara Fleetwood
Neale Haywood
Brett Tuggle
Old 01-28-2015, 06:13 PM
Junior Ledgie

WOW, ChiliD....that is super awesome.....you must be in the music business???
Old 02-09-2015, 04:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd have given just about anything to have met Bob. Was he nice Chili? Did you get much chat time in? Peter Green is hugely important in Mac history, but of the 2, I just would have liked some Bob chat time.

Outside inner circle is a fun branch out. Got to meet Nicks' parents before they passed. Chris Nicks and another Nicks family member who eludes me at the moment. HWW, Lori & Sharon too many times to mention, Jimmy, Brett, Neale, Taku, Waddy, Carlos, jeesh, many many more. Always good people.
Related to Nicks kinda, Don Henley, Courtney Love, Linda Ronstadt.
Doesn't look like FM is gonna happen again this year. Just gotta hope another time comes. Meanwhile I'll get in line and live vicariously thru ChiliD's greatest hits!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 02-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I met the band back in 1980, had a little convo with Stevie which lasted 6 or so min... Pure luck, random, & right place and time..
Old 02-09-2015, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
I met the band back in 1980, had a little convo with Stevie which lasted 6 or so min... Pure luck, random, & right place and time..
Ranks number one as my favorite FM story ever.
Chili D comes in 2nd with his story.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Junior Ledgie

Mick @ Meet & Greet, very nice and LB @ M&G was also very nice. That was fast, quick photo, signature and then out with LB. That's probably the only way I'll ever meet anyone, I basically had to pay extra but it was definitely worth it to have the photos and to stand next to them briefly and have that moment. Meant alot. Maybe someday the others will do the same. Mick had said at a M&G he does it because he gets out to meet the fans, beats sitting in the dressing room at the arena waiting for a show to start.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
I'd have given just about anything to have met Bob. Was he nice Chili? Did you get much chat time in?
Well, it's weird. I met Bob face-to-face a couple of times in the '70's (during his Paris era) and it was just a kind of "nod & smile" thing. (first time, he & Glenn Cornick were sitting directly in front of me at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, they were in the 2nd row center, me the 3rd. They must've come directly from the photo session for the first Paris album because that's exactly how they were dressed) The next time, Paris played some really small club in Redondo Beach (couldn't have been more than 200 people in the place if THAT...I was in the 1st row right in front of Bob. When he'd go into one of his stories mid-song, he'd look at me, I'd nod & respond. I was kind of his "go to" audience member when he'd ask his rhetorical questions from the stage. Oh, and a 3rd time, in the early '80s, he played Bogart's nightclub in Long Beach with Avenue M. A friend of mine's band opened for them and they called me up to sit in on their final number. While coming off stage, since there wasn't any dressing room there, Bob & band were just congregated off to the side of the stage. As I walked by, I just said "Hi, Bob" & he nodded and gave me a thumbs-up.

It wasn't until his Q&A here that we really kind of 'connected'. After that, we kept in email touch quite often, but never got to meet again in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hospiceworker View Post
WOW, ChiliD....that is super awesome.....you must be in the music business???
Well yeah, I'm a musician in Southern California & have been for a LONNNNNG time...so, there was an era of time during my younger days when I "brushed shoulders" with celebrity, but fame & stardom wasn't in MY fortune...I'm just happy to be able to keep on being a musician, although not able to do it full-time and make a living from it these days. But, still hangin' in there and givin' it all I got.

Last edited by chiliD; 02-09-2015 at 08:02 PM..
Old 02-09-2015, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Well, it's weird. I met Bob face-to-face a couple of times in the '70's (during his Paris era) and it was just a kind of "nod & smile" thing. (first time, he & Glenn Cornick were sitting directly in front of me at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, they were in the 2nd row center, me the 3rd. They must've come directly from the photo session for the first Paris album because that's exactly how they were dressed) The next time, Paris played some really small club in Redondo Beach (couldn't have been more than 200 people in the place if THAT...I was in the 1st row right in front of Bob. When he'd go into one of his stories mid-song, he'd look at me, I'd nod & respond. I was kind of his "go to" audience member when he'd ask his rhetorical questions from the stage. Oh, and a 3rd time, in the early '80s, he played Bogart's nightclub in Long Beach with Avenue M. A friend of mine's band opened for them and they called me up to sit in on their final number. While coming off stage, since there wasn't any dressing room there, Bob & band were just congregated off to the side of the stage. As I walked by, I just said "Hi, Bob" & he nodded and gave me a thumbs-up.

It wasn't until his Q&A here that we really kind of 'connected'. After that, we kept in email touch quite often, but never got to meet again in person.
And as I've told you, my biggest Bob regret was that after he and I had had a few exchanges on his site~and I'm in Nashville monthly(actually just bought a condo there, 3 weeks ago)~ that it was always my dream to invite him and Wendy out to dinner, and just talk music with them...

But I'm a chickensh*t of sorts. I was afraid that it might have been too much to ask, so I never did.

Then, driving home from Nashville, I saw the news where he'd committed suicide. Kind of a surreal moment for me, knowing that I'd been just a few miles away, when he did it.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Ranks number one as my favorite FM story ever.
Chili D comes in 2nd with his story.
Thanks Viv.... tho my biggest regret is not asking for a free ticket, remember we were broke at the time CAH said they defiantly would of hooked us up & i really should of asked.. i messaged her on F/B, i have been curious ever since as to why were they sightseeing on there own.. I still think it is kinda weird, as back then there was ALOT of tension within the band.. I felt an uneasy vibe between them, cut the air with a knife even it that short time .. CAH just said she wasn't too sure, but she remembers things between her & Lindsey were not going so well.. then mentioned loving the trendy shops and going on a big shopping spree in Brisbane, i answered back saying i hope you were using LB's credit card, she laughed and said yes i was!!!
Old 02-10-2015, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have only met Bekka, at B.B. King's club in Nashville, a few months ago. And pee'd next to Billy Burnette, maybe a year ago, at a restaurant in Nashville.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I have only met Bekka, at B.B. King's club in Nashville, a few months ago. And pee'd next to Billy Burnette, maybe a year ago, at a restaurant in Nashville.
YIKES! How could I have forgotten meeting Bekka? Probably cuz she was only about 16 (in '83 or 84) and wouldn't be a Fleetwood Mac member for about another 10 or 11 years.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
YIKES! How could I have forgotten meeting Bekka? Probably cuz she was only about 16 (in '83 or 84) and wouldn't be a Fleetwood Mac member for about another 10 or 11 years.
All, BUT Ms. Christine McVie and even Waddy too!!!