The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: How many copies will it sell and what position will it get to?
Less than 20,000 and will barely make the top 20. 5 15.15%
Around or more than 20,000 and will be around the top 10-15. 5 15.15%
Around or more than 40,000 and will be around the top 5. 11 33.33%
Around or more than 60,000 and will make the top 3. 7 21.21%
Around or more than 80,000 and will be #1! 5 15.15%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2014, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 24 Karat Gold sales predictions

Prediction time! Now that we've heard a few songs from the album and we have seen how promotion has been getting along, how well do we think '24 Karat Gold ~ Songs From The Vault' will do on the US charts and how many copies will it sell in its first week?
Old 09-19-2014, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The thing about chart position is that it's so variable depending on the competition that week. Just a few weeks ago, IYD's first-week numbers would have landed it at No. 2.

Another thing I'm wondering about is the vinyl release one week followed by the CD release a week later. Then you have to factor in the digital sales. Are the sales going to be split over a two-week period, thereby lessening the chart impact? I know that sort of thing isn't supposed to be important, but with all the buzz the album is getting, it deserves to make a splash.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
The thing about chart position is that it's so variable depending on the competition that week. Just a few weeks ago, IYD's first-week numbers would have landed it at No. 2.

Another thing I'm wondering about is the vinyl release one week followed by the CD release a week later. Then you have to factor in the digital sales. Are the sales going to be split over a two-week period, thereby lessening the chart impact? I know that sort of thing isn't supposed to be important, but with all the buzz the album is getting, it deserves to make a splash.
The early vinyl release is really confusing me. I don't see the vinyl sales being allowed to make the album chart a week before the CD and digital release as it would probably debut at about #100 and that isn't good publicity. I think they will just combine it, if they can, to get the best first week sales figure and position they can get. Does anyone know if they can include vinyl sales in the total figure a week later?
Old 09-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
The early vinyl release is really confusing me. I don't see the vinyl sales being allowed to make the album chart a week before the CD and digital release as it would probably debut at about #100 and that isn't good publicity. I think they will just combine it, if they can, to get the best first week sales figure and position they can get. Does anyone know if they can include vinyl sales in the total figure a week later?
Thats a good question James.The sales of vinyl,CD and digital downloads should be merged together when it hits the charts.

I have a good feeling this outing will sell great since Stevie is doing her saleswoman position routine to peddle her music and the FM tour will help sales too.I hope the rest of the band will let her plug and mention her album at the shows.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Billboard has a vinyl chart, too. It could be a strategy to top the vinyl charts one week, and instead of a week two drop, she gets a huge boost from digital and CD sales on the regular Rock charts..

http://www.billboard.com/biz/charts/vinyl-albums

I don't know what the rules are, though, about a staggered release or how it's counted.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-19-2014, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Billboard has a vinyl chart, too. It could be a strategy to top the vinyl charts one week, and instead of a week two drop, she gets a huge boost from digital and CD sales on the regular Rock charts..

http://www.billboard.com/biz/charts/vinyl-albums

I don't know what the rules are, though, about a staggered release or how it's counted.
I bought the vinyl and I don't even have a record player...
Old 09-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seeing as it's basically a collection of rarities, I don't think this is gonna get Top 10. Top 20 is more of a probability. However, I still think this on the off chance can hit the Top 10. It just depends on whether people even realize it's out besides those who just scan through iTunes every Tuesday and still go into record shops (sorry, CD stores lol).

Hopefully all of the Mac publicity this year though makes people more aware of its release.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's run on "The Voice" should start soon so that should help as well...She's also getting extra press from her art showing...
Old 09-19-2014, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

With this album and IYDs, talking about sales will only disappoint. She is in her 60s and there is no place to promote. Look at the creative. She is still working on her legacy and these two albums are going in the positive column. Just thinking about sales is putting a damper on this. Sheryl Crows last album was a total bomb and she did get a lot of airplay on country stations. Just gotta enjoy the music.

She made this album for her true fans.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Seeing as it's basically a collection of rarities, I don't think this is gonna get Top 10. Top 20 is more of a probability. However, I still think this on the off chance can hit the Top 10. It just depends on whether people even realize it's out besides those who just scan through iTunes every Tuesday and still go into record shops (sorry, CD stores lol).

Hopefully all of the Mac publicity this year though makes people more aware of its release.
I agree. Retrospectives always sell less than new work, though it can be argued that everything on 24 Karat Gold is new to the general public! If it debuts in the Top 10, I will be pleasantly surprised.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
I agree. Retrospectives always sell less than new work, though it can be argued that everything on 24 Karat Gold is new to the general public! If it debuts in the Top 10, I will be pleasantly surprised.
I don't see this as a retrospective in the traditional sense. As you said, everything is new to the general public, and the superfans who have collected the demos all these years will be buying it anyway, so I don't think the audience is diminished much.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she'll sell right around 60,000 but where that will land her on the charts is totally up in the air. I think definitely she'll make the top 10 though.

Although I will say, I think the "Songs From The Vault" clause in the title of the album might not do her any favors, sale-wise. It makes it seem like it's a compilation of deep cuts or something, not new material (which it IS, in the sense that it's never been released before).
Old 09-19-2014, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Stevie's run on "The Voice" should start soon so that should help as well...She's also getting extra press from her art showing...
Yes .I forgot to mention that .

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-19-2014, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I do believe this release is going to do very well. There has never been a solo release as the band is about to go on a tour ( let alone a " reunion" tour) Stevie also mentions Fleetwood Mac more on these recent interviews than she has on past releases. I really doubt there will be a solo tour to promote this disc in 2015. I still think the New a Fleetwood Mac Album will be released in the late spring of 2015 and the MAC tour will continue ( assuming all in good health)
Old 09-19-2014, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I really doubt there will be a solo tour to promote this disc in 2015.
Well, if this Sharon Celani Instagram account is indeed legit, then Stevie should do a solo tour to promote this record in summer 2015...or so she says.