User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Not what I would have picked but..."A bird’s gotta have bling!" LOL - I bet that quote had A LOT to do with Stevie picking it! Congrats to the winner.

Side bar - I love how the "community choice" went to "Cape & Garden"...er, I mean, "Belle Fleur".

I would have LOVED to have been a fly on the wall to see Stevie's reaction to Andrew Mullins' "The Spirit Of Stevie"!!!
I would imagine that someone weeded out the obvious disasters ahead of time. Or perhaps she could wear "The Spirit Of Stevie" for Halloween or even better she could bring it to the studio and ask LB where he thinks she should hang it.

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 10-14-2014 at 02:35 PM..
Old 10-14-2014, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm surprised there wasn't a submission from that Bear girl. Can't remember her last name. You know? The one who was featured on VH1's "fanatic" and got to design all the costumes for "Gypsy 83"?
Old 10-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

did we find out the winner??
Old 10-14-2014, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Look 5 posts up, bombaysapphires.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks I couldn't get the main page to the contest to open… kept saying "oops, our site has crashed"
Old 10-14-2014, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenground View Post
LOL He actually managed to get 10 votes. Seeing her in this would be hilarious, I can totally see her performing 'Rhiannon' while wearing it

I love it! at least it would be something different...

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-14-2014, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Not what I would have picked but..."A bird’s gotta have bling!" LOL - I bet that quote had A LOT to do with Stevie picking it! Congrats to the winner.

Side bar - I love how the "community choice" went to "Cape & Garden"...er, I mean, "Belle Fleur".

I would have LOVED to have been a fly on the wall to see Stevie's reaction to Andrew Mullins' "The Spirit Of Stevie"!!!

that's a very disappointing "winner"

but that Spirit of Stevie should have been given some kind of honorable mention
Old 10-15-2014, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=StreetAngel86;1149449]that's a very disappointing "winner"

I agree, hate to say it, but that one looks like a dog chewed up grandma's couch throw or something. The 9 year old that Stevie gave the shout-out to had a prettier piece. My vote went to The Sea of Love, the cool wash of blue silk attached to the feathery black bodice. On the other hand, at least we'll be able to see Stevie (however briefly), in something other than that black ruffly top she's been spotted in constantly of late.

My pick:

https://www.talenthouse.com/i/416/su...37814/95cbaed1

Last edited by Feather Blade; 10-15-2014 at 08:13 AM..
Old 10-18-2014, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

St. George Utah News Written by Brett Brostrom on October 18, 2014

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar...-place-winner/

Stevie Nicks picks shawl by Kanab designer for 1st place winner

KANAB – Celeste Meyeres of Kanab recently won first place for her shawl named NAY-TIV RAY-VIN in a design contest in which Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac fame asked fans to design a shawl for her to model.

Meyeres, whose nickname is Crickets and vends under the business name CricketsCreations, began making her shawl after thinking about it for a few days, she said.

“I promptly undid my stitches a few rows in, multiple times,” Meyeres said. “The reason was that as soon as I’d begin, I’d think of an even better design. So I sketched out my ideas and did the math – knitting involves quite a bit of geometry and arithmetic – before once-and-for-all starting what would be the finished piece. The final realization was completed in about two days.”

Rather than merely emulating Stevie Nicks’ style, Meyeres said she wanted to offer her a part of herself as well, incorporating her Native American heritage from her great grandmother along with the ravens that grace the Southwestern high desert.

“Native cultures perceive ravens as secret keepers, facilitators of metamorphosis, bearers of magic, harbingers of autumn and transmitters of messages from the cosmos,” Meyeres posted on her Etsy site.

It’s no secret now that the shawl appealed to Nicks. In a note from Stevie Nicks posted on the Talenthouse design contest Web page, she said:

"Ultimately, I chose NAY-TIV RAY-VIN by Crickets Meyeres. I felt this garment could have been made for Rhiannon or for Gold Dust Woman~ the color really isn’t that important. It just seems like a “Celtic” or a “native American” piece~ and I found that very interesting because it is obviously the tribal element that drew me to it~ be it Welsh or Southwestern~ Congratulations!!!”

The contest, hosted by an organization named Talenthouse, received hundreds of entries from all across the nation. For taking first place, Meyeres’ shawl will be worn by Nicks in a photo shoot and announced on Warner Bros. and Stevie Nicks’ official channels. Meyeres will receive $2,000, a photo of Nicks wearing the shawl, and will get the piece back after the photo shoot.

“While I would love to meet Stevie – she is a known animal rescue advocate, and I live right near Best Friends Animal Society where my husband Nicholas works – unfortunately that is not part of the Talenthouse contest winnings,” Meyeres said. “The contest had a ton of gorgeous entries. I was happy to simply have participated alongside such talented peers. So when I got the email that I had won, I couldn’t believe it! I started shaking and my stomach was doing flips. A minute after it had sunk in, I felt so overwhelmed that tears started flowing.”

Meyeres started knitting full-time after being laid-off from her day job in 2008. She has a shop on Etsy where she sells her own designs. She has been featured on the sites homepage multiple times, and averages around 100 sales a month.

You can check out Meyeres’ CricketsCreations shop here, and you can see the other entries in the contest here.

Related posts
•Art in Kayenta provides weekend of artistry, entertainment, spirits
•Students, community ‘chip’ in on Doritos commercial contest
•Tickets available: For the Love of Art home tours
Old 10-18-2014, 10:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Makes sense that Stevie chose this one. Other than the 'raven' reference. Has anyone else ever noticed, in those early Stevie concerts, that she incorporates some native american dance moves that I've seen? I think I'm thinking the HBO special. The kind of stomp and twirl is more native american than anything else. Wrapping herself in the shawl and kind of spinning around more slowly. It always looked like an indian dance to me. Yes, I wrote 'indian'.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by studyinscarlet View Post
Makes sense that Stevie chose this one. Other than the 'raven' reference. Has anyone else ever noticed, in those early Stevie concerts, that she incorporates some native american dance moves that I've seen? I think I'm thinking the HBO special. The kind of stomp and twirl is more native american than anything else. Wrapping herself in the shawl and kind of spinning around more slowly. It always looked like an indian dance to me. Yes, I wrote 'indian'.
The dance goes back farther than that..."Angel" Tusk doc
Old 10-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
The dance goes back farther than that..."Angel" Tusk doc
that one she always referenced to being like an old-time dancehall girl
Old 10-18-2014, 11:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
that one she always referenced to being like an old-time dancehall girl
Yeah, that's not the one. I'v seen that. This was mostly in the HBO special.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

The thing she does around 6:15. http://youtu.be/0SgJgVqI0ZY
Old 10-19-2014, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I got this on my Google news.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/arc.../#.VENKRVdvhY4

Celeste Meyeres at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, Kanab, Utah, date unspecified | Photo courtesy of Celeste Meyeres, St. George News
Stevie Nicks picks shawl by Kanab designer for 1st place winner

Written by Brett Brostrom on October 18, 2014

KANAB – Celeste Meyeres of Kanab recently won first place for her shawl named NAY-TIV RAY-VIN in a design contest in which Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac fame asked fans to design a shawl for her to model.

Meyeres, whose nickname is Crickets and vends under the business name CricketsCreations, began making her shawl after thinking about it for a few days, she said.

“I promptly undid my stitches a few rows in, multiple times,” Meyeres said. “The reason was that as soon as I’d begin, I’d think of an even better design. So I sketched out my ideas and did the math – knitting involves quite a bit of geometry and arithmetic – before once-and-for-all starting what would be the finished piece. The final realization was completed in about two days.”
Celeste Meyeres' first-place winning shawl in Stevie Nicks design contest 2014. Location and date not provided | Photo by Alicia Cram Photography, courtesy of Nicholas Meyeres, St. George News

Celeste Meyeres’ first-place winning shawl in Stevie Nicks design contest 2014. Location and date not provided | Photo by Alicia Cram Photography, courtesy of Nicholas Meyeres, St. George News

Rather than merely emulating Stevie Nicks’ style, Meyeres said she wanted to offer her a part of herself as well, incorporating her Native American heritage from her great grandmother along with the ravens that grace the Southwestern high desert.

“Native cultures perceive ravens as secret keepers, facilitators of metamorphosis, bearers of magic, harbingers of autumn and transmitters of messages from the cosmos,” Meyeres posted on her Etsy site.

It’s no secret now that the shawl appealed to Nicks. In a note from Stevie Nicks posted on the Talenthouse design contest Web page, she said:

Ultimately, I chose NAY-TIV RAY-VIN by Crickets Meyeres. I felt this garment could have been made for Rhiannon or for Gold Dust Woman~ the color really isn’t that important. It just seems like a “Celtic” or a “native American” piece~ and I found that very interesting because it is obviously the tribal element that drew me to it~ be it Welsh or Southwestern~ Congratulations!!!”

The contest, hosted by an organization named Talenthouse, received hundreds of entries from all across the nation. For taking first place, Meyeres’ shawl will be worn by Nicks in a photo shoot and announced on Warner Bros. and Stevie Nicks’ official channels. Meyeres will receive $2,000, a photo of Nicks wearing the shawl, and will get the piece back after the photo shoot.
Celeste Meyeres' first-place winning shawl in Stevie Nicks design contest 2014. Location and date not provided | Photo by Alicia Cram Photography, courtesy of Nicholas Meyeres, St. George News

Celeste Meyeres’ first-place winning shawl in Stevie Nicks design contest 2014. Location and date not provided | Photo by Alicia Cram Photography, courtesy of Nicholas Meyeres, St. George News

“While I would love to meet Stevie – she is a known animal rescue advocate, and I live right near Best Friends Animal Society where my husband Nicholas works – unfortunately that is not part of the Talenthouse contest winnings,” Meyeres said. “The contest had a ton of gorgeous entries. I was happy to simply have participated alongside such talented peers. So when I got the email that I had won, I couldn’t believe it! I started shaking and my stomach was doing flips. A minute after it had sunk in, I felt so overwhelmed that tears started flowing.”

Meyeres started knitting full-time after being laid-off from her day job in 2008. She has a shop on Etsy where she sells her own designs. She has been featured on the sites homepage multiple times, and averages around 100 sales a month.

You can check out Meyeres’ CricketsCreations shop here, and you can see the other entries in the contest here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How you like those cat eye glasses.Can you see Stevie wear something like that.LOL..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ABOUT-Crickets-Outside.jpg (87.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg unnamed-e1413575358707.jpg (12.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Stevie-Crickets-dresses-Mona1.jpg (89.5 KB, 5 views)

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 10-19-2014 at 12:37 AM..