Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick on festivals, Italy and interesting places

Monday 16th September 2013 by Andrew Trendell | Photos by WENN.com

Tags: Fleetwood Mac

FLEETWOOD MAC: 'WE'D LOVE TO PLAY GLASTONBURY'

Interview: We talk to rock icons about festival plans for next year

Fleetwood Mac have revealed that they hope to play Glastonbury in 2014, after being asked to play the festival this year but having to decline. Watch our video interview with drummer Mick Fleetwood above.

The rock icons are currently on a critically acclaimed world tour that reaches the UK at the end of the month. Fleetwood Mac are also strongly rumoured to be headlining Glasto 2014 alongside Depeche Mode, after festival boss Michael Eavis stated that next year's bill-toppers had 'never played the festival before'.

Speaking to Gigwise at the London premiere of frontwoman Stevie Nicks' new movie documentary about her new solo album, In Your Dreams, we asked drummer Mick Fleetwood if the band had any plans to play festivals next summer. "I hope so, I would love that," he said. "This has been a tough year on the road, but having said that, the boys in the band are hoping that our lady will think kindly about doing a few of the festivals."

He continued: "We've been thinking of doing some more work in interesting places. On this tour we didn't play in Italy, but Stevie said 'ah, I'd like to play in Italy' and I said 'well, maybe we can', so we were joking about that. "We were asked to do some lovely festivals this year and it didn't work out. Once you do the festivals then you can't really do a tour of the other towns. We were asked to do Glastonbury this year and hopefully they'll ask us again."

When asked about the possibility of playing Glastonbury 2014, Fleetwood replied: "I don't know - they've probably got fed up of asking us!" Stevie Nicks' In Your Dreams will be released on DVD in November. The 4CD box set ‘Fleetwood Mac: 25 Years – The Chain’ is out now.

- Check back soon for more of our interview with Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks

Read more at http://www.gigwise.com/news/84224/fl...dI52EgbjUCy.99

[there's a video interview with Mick at the site]

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default FM - no plans after 1/8/2014?

^ more from this same interview series:

Stevie says FM has no plans past January 8th.

what is happening January 8th??

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...For-Work-Ethic

(listen to the video)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

the text from Mick's part, with some lovely blunders in the descriptions (there's more in the video; and apparently FM will recosider whether to stop when they are about 80 years old ):

BY ALICIA ADEJOBI ON SEPTEMBER 17, 2013

'He Works Like A Maniac': Fleetwood Mac's Mick Credits Elton John For Work Ethic

Fleetwood will be kicking off a tour on September 20

Fleetwood Mac singer Mick Fleetwood has revealed that while the band have no plans to split at the moment, it is difficult in keeping everyone together in comparison to solo artists like Elton John whom Mick credits for his admirable work ethic.

The current members of the legendary rock group came together last night in London for a private screening of Stevie Nicks' new documentary, 'In Your Dreams,' which follows the singer during recording sessions for the album of the same name and her life in Los Angeles. Stevie and her Fleetwood Mac bandmates are preparing for the European leg of their tour on September 20 where they will play a string of dates in the UK including three nights at London's O2 Arena.

Mick Fleetwood and his bandmates have no plans on quitting (WENN) EntertainmentWise caught up with original Fleetwood member Mick who discussed whether or not the band have any plans on quitting in the near future. “No, it's like asking The Rolling Stones or Elton John or Eric Clapton or Neil Young,” Mick told us before going on to praise Sir Elton John. “With a band it tends to be more complicated because someone like Elton would say, 'Instead of doing 300 shows a year, I'll just do 80.' He works like a maniac. God knows he doesn't need the money, he loves what he does.”

Mick continued to explain the difficulties in getting members of the band to come together, adding: “We don't it at that intensity and it's mainly because we can't call the shots altogether at the same time, sometimes as a band. So the likelihood of a band falling apart is obviously much greater than if Elton says, 'I think I'll knock it on the head for a year,' he's not concerned. Or if Peter Gabriel says 'I want to do a tour, I'll do a tour.'

“With a band it's a lot more complicated and I think The Rolling Stones would take the biscuit as surviving and had The Who not lost their members I truly believe that they would be still be doing what they were doing and they are without the other two guys.” Elton John "works like a maniac" according to Mick (WENN) Hinting that the band still have a couple of decades in them left, 66-year-old Mick said: “So as we've matured – got older – it's dawned on us that you do see an end and when you get to 80 years old, you do think well if I'm lucky I might have a few more years. “So in that respect I think any entity goes that there is an ending to it whereas before you would never even think of that.

He added: “Fortunately this tour we're doing has reignited our whole attitude as a band, I think we're playing and singing really, really well and we're enjoying it. Like The Stones they go, 'Well let's do another one.' This what we do. The quiet eye-opener for Fleetwood Mac is that we should do this more often.”

Read more at http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...gXWsGS5JATE.99

Old 09-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unless Christine decides to rejoin, I still think Mama has her own solo plans for Jan 9th- 2014, 15 and 16....three yrs .....
Old 09-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust75 View Post
Unless Christine decides to rejoin, I still think Mama has her own solo plans for Jan 9th- 2014, 15 and 16....three yrs .....
i hope you are right. i'm counting on her!

so what do you think is happening between 12/31 and 1/8? what do they have? private gigs or something public but yet announced?

Old 09-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
He added: “Fortunately this tour we're doing has reignited our whole attitude as a band, I think we're playing and singing really, really well and we're enjoying it. Like The Stones they go, 'Well let's do another one.' This what we do. The quiet eye-opener for Fleetwood Mac is that we should do this more often.”

Read more at http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...gXWsGS5JATE.99
Ohhhh please please please let them tour again next year or soon after. I just can't see them doing another album together so at least they can keep touring...

The January 8th comment scares me though....and I haven't heard any Buckingham/Nicks talk lately either...any thoughts or ideas of what they are going to do?
Old 09-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

'He Works Like A Maniac': Fleetwood Mac's Mick Credits Elton John For Work Ethic

Fleetwood will be kicking off a tour on September 20

Read more at http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...kyylBhSjuFf.99

The current members of the legendary rock group came together last night in London for a private screening of Stevie Nicks' new documentary, 'In Your Dreams,' which follows the singer during recording sessions for the album of the same name and her life in Los Angeles.

Stevie and her Fleetwood Mac bandmates are preparing for the European leg of their tour on September 20 where they will play a string of dates in the UK including three nights at London's O2 Arena.

EntertainmentWise caught up with original Fleetwood member Mick who discussed whether or not the band have any plans on quitting in the near future. “No, it's like asking The Rolling Stones or Elton John or Eric Clapton or Neil Young,” Mick told us before going on to praise Sir Elton John.

“With a band it tends to be more complicated because someone like Elton would say, 'Instead of doing 300 shows a year, I'll just do 80.' He works like a maniac. God knows he doesn't need the money, he loves what he does.”

Mick continued to explain the difficulties in getting members of the band to come together, adding: “We don't it at that intensity and it's mainly because we can't call the shots altogether at the same time, sometimes as a band. So the likelihood of a band falling apart is obviously much greater than if Elton says, 'I think I'll knock it on the head for a year,' he's not concerned. Or if Peter Gabriel says 'I want to do a tour, I'll do a tour.'

“With a band it's a lot more complicated and I think The Rolling Stones would take the biscuit as surviving and had The Who not lost their members I truly believe that they would be still be doing what they were doing and they are without the other two guys.”

Hinting that the band still have a couple of decades in them left, 66-year-old Mick said: “So as we've matured – got older – it's dawned on us that you do see an end and when you get to 80 years old, you do think well if I'm lucky I might have a few more years.

“So in that respect I think any entity goes that there is an ending to it whereas before you would never even think of that.

Read more at http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...kyylBhSjuFf.99
Old 09-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

so what do you think is happening between 12/31 and 1/8? what do they have? private gigs or something public but yet announced?
I don't know. It would seem that January 8, 2014 is something public.

Ugh. I'm annoyed. I wouldn't go if it was in my backyard.

Michele
Old 09-17-2013, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Yes, it would be a win win situation all the way around it can't go wrong....as long as we get new music from whatever combination/senerio the 'power couple' come up with.

I bet they have a few high dollar private gigs after the Vegas gig...