User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Yeah, well back then in the 80's most guys had long hair. To me he looked like a freak, an extremely handsome freak at that!!!!..

You know, I still cant get my head around why the 5 Fireflies were alone (sightseeing ?) without their entourage of friends & family etc. Perhaps they needed time together to sort out their latest drama that was going down at the time who knows!! the elusive Fleetwood Mac lives on.. gotta Luv em
That's hilarious! Why were they in a bus? Were they traveling on the bus??
Old 08-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
That's hilarious! Why were they in a bus? Were they traveling on the bus??
LOL , I know its crazy!!

It was just an ordinary run of the mill bus, driving down a very narrow street that caught my attention. I had just happened to look up when I noticed Stevie looking at us. It was then that I ran over , knocked on the door, then it OPENED It was just the 5 of them sitting in separate seats at the back of the bus plus the old bus driver.. Firstly I asked the driver if I could get Stevie's Autograph, then it felt a bit weird so I was happy well actually elated that Stevie was up for a chat, & so that was enough for me..

I remember wanting to show her this beautiful little shop that sold gorgeous jewelry & magical candles that she would of loved, as the bus was parked right in front of this gift shop.. Also I almost suggested, if they would like to smoke this joint that I had in my purse.. LOL... So many if only's in just a 8 min time frame

Last edited by Aussie W/Heart; 08-27-2013 at 11:22 PM..
Old 08-27-2013, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I got to stand next to Lindsey after one of his solo concerts. We were waiting for him outside the stage door in NYC, but he didn't sign autographs and seemed visibly uncomfortable with all of the attention. It was really cool to stand next to him, see how greasy his hair looked after the show, get a sense of how he is. There was no limo. He got into a pretty normal van with his band to go to their hotel.

I know it's easier to get close to Lindsey, but I'm curious if anyone has had fan interactions with Stevie up close. She seems to avoid contact with fans and has probably increasingly avoided these encounters over the years. I mean, unlike Mick, neither her nor Lindsey are jumping to do meet and greets---only Lindsey comes off as a little more approachable, and Stevie more a diva. Is this the correct reading?
One thing that is very different about them is the whole entourage thing. Lindsey goes out and about on his own a lot it seems, while I don't think Stevie EVER goes out solo. She's always got SOMEBODY with her. Part of that is their personalities-- Lindsey likes his alone time and Stevie seems to always need/want people around. But Stevie also identifies herself as a ROCK STAR and embraces all that goes with it-- always in a big-azz limo, entourage, stopped driving herself years and years ago, etc... Lindsey goes out alone, drives himself, goes out walking around while on tour etc. I think the entourage thing would make him totally nuts. I don't think I've EVER heard LB describe HIMSELF as a 'rock star". He doesn't stop others from saying it (interviewers etc) and I'm sure he's not above pulling rank if he wants his way about something at times, but he sees himself as an artist, a producer, a musician, not a "star".
Old 08-27-2013, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
One thing that is very different about them is the whole entourage thing. Lindsey goes out and about on his own a lot it seems, while I don't think Stevie EVER goes out solo. She's always got SOMEBODY with her. Part of that is their personalities-- Lindsey likes his alone time and Stevie seems to always need/want people around. But Stevie also identifies herself as a ROCK STAR and embraces all that goes with it-- always in a big-azz limo, entourage, stopped driving herself years and years ago, etc... Lindsey goes out alone, drives himself, goes out walking around while on tour etc. I think the entourage thing would make him totally nuts. I don't think I've EVER heard LB describe HIMSELF as a 'rock star". He doesn't stop others from saying it (interviewers etc) and I'm sure he's not above pulling rank if he wants his way about something at times, but he sees himself as an artist, a producer, a musician, not a "star".
Stevie is also more recognizeable, although I'm sure she can disguise up when she wants. I think she usually has someone with her for security, but not necessarily an entourage. For example, the snapshot a year or two ago in LA at the makeup counter, it looked like she was alone.

In Cory B's tour diary, she said Lindsey preferred to be alone and working on music. He didn't venture out much unless it was to museums.

It's funny, I've read where Stevie describes both herself and Lindsey as loners, but she does seem to be much more social. I think she has an "off" button and will go into isolation mode.

Last edited by CADreaming; 08-27-2013 at 11:20 PM..
Old 08-27-2013, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie is also more recognizeable, although I'm sure she can disguise up when she wants.
there was an article I read once about a movie star-- I believe it was Marilyn Monroe-- where a friend of hers said it was amazing how she could not be recognized if she didn't want to, that somehow she could go out and not even disguise herself, just act like a normal person and people would pass right by her and then she could just flip a sort of switch, standing there in the same plain look, not a lot of makeup or anything, not all dressed up, but if she wanted to she could just somehow exude her "Marilyn-ness" -- nothing very overt, not saying much or acting to draw attention-- but there was a magnetism she could turn on and suddenly people would start to notice her.

I just wonder if Stevie truly didn't want to be noticed if she could go unnoticed. I don't know.

I also think she got spooked early on. Some of hte band's handlers, I know John Courage for one, was a bit stern with Stevie and Christine about going out while on the road and being really careful and bad things might happen and all that....
Old 08-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
there was an article I read once about a movie star-- I believe it was Marilyn Monroe-- where a friend of hers said it was amazing how she could not be recognized if she didn't want to, that somehow she could go out and not even disguise herself, just act like a normal person and people would pass right by her and then she could just flip a sort of switch, standing there in the same plain look, not a lot of makeup or anything, not all dressed up, but if she wanted to she could just somehow exude her "Marilyn-ness" -- nothing very overt, not saying much or acting to draw attention-- but there was a magnetism she could turn on and suddenly people would start to notice her.

I just wonder if Stevie truly didn't want to be noticed if she could go unnoticed. I don't know.

I also think she got spooked early on. Some of hte band's handlers, I know John Courage for one, was a bit stern with Stevie and Christine about going out while on the road and being really careful and bad things might happen and all that....
Interesting about MM.

I've read Stevie say she does disguise herself. How hard could it be? Throw on a wig, a hat, sunglasses? She was quoted years ago when she was at the height of fame as saying it wouldn't be worth it to her if she couldn't go out antiquing on the weekends unnoticed.

I can see Stevie getting freaked out by it early though, much more than Christine.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Interesting about MM.

I've read Stevie say she does disguise herself. How hard could it be? Throw on a wig, a hat, sunglasses? She was quoted years ago when she was at the height of fame as saying it wouldn't be worth it to her if she couldn't go out antiquing on the weekends unnoticed.

I can see Stevie getting freaked out by it early though, much more than Christine.
For some reason this just made me totally laugh out loud. (not at you, CAD, but at Stevie)

It just sounds sooo much like one of those random things she says that seems soooo unreal. Stevie just workin' a M-F. 9-5 and then going antiquing on the weekends... when, at the height of her fame, her days/nights/weekends I'm sure were all one big blur of craziness, coke and whatever else. Ok, maybe she liked to shop for antique Tiffany lamps and stuff, but I just don't believe she went "antiquing" in the normal sense of the word, ie trolling through dusty antique shops. But who knows
Old 08-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
For some reason this just made me totally laugh out loud. (not at you, CAD, but at Stevie)

It just sounds sooo much like one of those random things she says that seems soooo unreal. Stevie just workin' a M-F. 9-5 and then going antiquing on the weekends... when, at the height of her fame, her days/nights/weekends I'm sure were all one big blur of craziness, coke and whatever else. Ok, maybe she liked to shop for antique Tiffany lamps and stuff, but I just don't believe she went "antiquing" in the normal sense of the word, ie trolling through dusty antique shops. But who knows
Oh, hahaha! Right! I interpreted it as in the "off" time.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, who high jacked the thread? I wrote a big long post explaining why there are Stevie, Lindsey and Chris camps and how we should all hold hands, sing kumbaya and try to get along, but when I come to post my response it's now all about meet and greets with Stevie and Lindsey !?

I love the stories, but is this a way to change the subject? I guess my post will have to wait for later
Old 08-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
OK, who high jacked the thread? I wrote a big long post explaining why there are Stevie, Lindsey and Chris camps and how we should all hold hands, sing kumbaya and try to get along, but when I come to post my response it's now all about meet and greets with Stevie and Lindsey !?

I love the stories, but is this a way to change the subject? I guess my post will have to wait for later
Haha you are right! Let's get back to the subject, I'd love to read your post!

What's funny is that I always thought the separation between fan "camps" was because of attitude rather than from a musical stand point. Like Stevie fans hating Lindsey because he didn't treat her great, or Lindsey fans thinking Stevie was a diva and took advantage of him making magic out of her songs. Or Chris fans mad that she is overlooked as the real first female of FM. Maybe I thought it was more dramatic.

Or maybe I just want to open more cans of worms
Old 08-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There ARE "camps", as you say. There are the huge Lindsey and Stevie ones that butt heads all the time, but can't seem to live without the other either. Then there's the smaller Chris one, who just watch the drama, drink all the fine wine, and not give a flying f**k.

All three of them have their own strengths and weaknesses both musical and attitude-wise. I don't fail to see Stevie and Lindsey's strengths and flaws. And as major as a Chris fan I am, I'm also not blind to her own flaws. However, these different facets of them are what makes it interesting in the first place. One's strengths are the other's weaknesses. They complement, not compete.

And this is what baffles me about this whole division thing. Liking one of them does not automatically mean not liking the other

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 08-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
There ARE "camps", as you say. There are the huge Lindsey and Stevie ones that butt heads all the time, but can't seem to live without the other either.
Oh, I think the Lindsey and Stevie fans could live without each other, rather easily..

I mean just the ones who don't cross over. If you like both, I agree: commingling is fun, invaluable and provides a complete band picture, but if you just like one or the other, I don't know if you'd be that upset if the other's fans just evaporated into the ether.

Michele
Old 08-28-2013, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, I think the Lindsey and Stevie fans could live without each other, rather easily..

I mean just the ones who don't cross over. If you like both, I agree: commingling is fun, invaluable and provides a complete band picture, but if you just like one or the other, I don't know if you'd be that upset if the other's fans just evaporated into the ether.
Well, that's true. Some would even go as far as push them into the ether. In my case, though, I'll just take my Blue Nun (or some tea and a Chocolate Hobnob) and watch everything unfold.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:57 PM
Ledgie

Thumbs up

If being in the Chris camp means drinking wine and not giving a crap then sign me up!

Is there a John Mcvie camp? Lol poor John... Maybe the "sailing on my boat, smoking a butt and wishing Stevie and Lindsey would cut the sh*t " camp?
Old 08-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
If being in the Chris camp means drinking wine and not giving a crap then sign me up!
Done and done.

Quote:
Is there a John Mcvie camp? Lol poor John... Maybe the "sailing on my boat, smoking a butt and wishing Stevie and Lindsey would cut the sh*t " camp?
There is, but it's much smaller than the others' egos.