User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Exactly - sounds like the same tired stuff. Plus, how hilarious that the announcer is touting "Fleetwood Mac" but it's only about Buckingham Nicks.
Wait, who is Buckingham Nicks? I'm waiting for the Fleetwood Nicks interview I love that they're using NEW concert footage. Now release a whole damn show please and thanks
Old 08-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Why is Stevie's weight important?
i was wondering the same thing... i thought she looked good in that preview, but weight or looking thin or not never occurred to me when i watched it.

maybe it's b/c of history and having past trouble of being overweight plus that messing with her image in the 80s that people still look at her weight now?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-11-2013, 06:24 AM
Junior Ledgie

just watched sunday night here in australia on channel 7!

rahni sadler did a great job i reckon interviewing stevie and mick one-on-one, and lindsey (backstage)

some highlights
-stevie and mick's affair started in AUSTRALIA
-pro-shot live footage from the last american concert in sacramento
-footage of stevie and lindsey fighting from the"destiny rules" dvd
-actual discussion about the "tusk" record/era
-stevie talking about her mother barbara, her message that no one should take their mothers for granted and barbara's passing leading to stevie and lindsey making up properly
-rahni sadler remarking that the band is more popular than ever, selling out all their american concerts
Old 08-11-2013, 06:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It was a really great, long interview piece.
Did Lindsey learn from Stevie about wearing his sunglasses inside

Stevie ... my gawd she is hilarious.
And it looks like she has a new puppy, too cute!
The stuff with her Mama tho

I didn't like that comment Mick made about how they're really popular now, and have become more so lately, coz they're gonna die or something ... nooooooooooo never

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 08-11-2013 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: :)
Old 08-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The interview can be watched here: http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-nigh...rn-of-the-mac/

Lots of what we know, I thought the old and new footage we used quite well, and...

Have some quotes that I took down after watching it the second time (not fast enough to transcribe whilst watching live):

IN: How does it feel when you walk out on stage and everyone is going nuts and stomping the ground and you're walking out hand in hand with Lindsey?
SN: I feel like I did when I first met him and started to sing with him. Because I knew. I knew that Lindsey and Stevie were going places.

SN: It is in many ways one of the greatest love stories ever told. It's one of those great romances of the century... It's a relationship that spans centuries and has come out on top.

VO: For thirty years, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks played together but barely spoke.
SN: We both tried to kill each other.
VO: Now they're back.
SN: It reminds me of the seventies. It reminds me of the early days when we first started out.

VO: It's 46 years since Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham met in high school.
IN: You remember what made you fall in love with Lindsey? What characteristics?
SN: Really? It just happened. And I guess I just, you know, really appreciated his amazing talent. And of course not to mention he was drop dead gorgeous.

VO: When Lindsey went to play in another band, Stevie thought about leaving him. The time apart inspired one of her most famous song.
SN: When I took my love, I took it down, like off the mantle to really study what was going on and what had happened between Lindsey me since 1966 when we met. I decided that I would not break up the relationship with Lindsey.
IN: And the rest is history.
SN: And the rest is history. And to be continued.

SN: Lindsey said, "Well, she's coming too so either you take both of us or I can't join your band."

IN: How difficult was the break-up for you?
SN: Well, it wasn't difficult for me. Because I wanted it to be over?
IN: Why?
SN: Because we weren't happy and we can't be together anymore and we can't break up the band over it.

IN: So when you guys were looking at each other with, to me, it kind of looks like you want to kill each other is -
SN: Well, we kind of do.
IN: So when we saw you kind of bellowing at each other with what looks like hatred, that was real?
SN: Absolutely, absolutely.

IN: What was it like backstage?
SN: Nothing
IN: You just would not communicate? Wouldn't go near each other? Certainly wouldn't hold hands as you walk to the stage?
SN: *shaking head* Separate dressing rooms, separate cars...
IN: How do you do that?
SN: You sit on one end of the plane; he sits on the other end of the plane.
IN: For how many years was it like that then?
SN: Forever
IN: Since 1976?
SN: Pretty much.

SN: That [cocaine fuelled years] was a very hard time for my parents.
IN: Did your Mom, do you think, when you were at your worst with cocaine, do you think she thought you weren't going to survive?
SN: Yeah, I think she thought, cos I stopped communicating. Because I didn't want to make them sad but I also didn't want to stop doing drugs. So I stopped calling and they wouldn't hear from me for a long time. And I think they thought they were going to lose me.

IN: I want to ask you about your relationship with Mick. Would that have even happened if there weren't so many drugs involved?
SN: Probably not. That was really kind of an accident.

IN: But you have brought everyone back together when everyone's gone their separate ways.
MF: Yes, I've been blamed for keeping it all together. As of the last few years or so, I really had to take a look at not being that person with the whip, you know, and "we've got to do this" and just, it became inappropriate for me to continually push, push, push. So I had to let go of that.

IN: Is it fair to say that the band is all getting along better now than it has in years?
MF: Yeah, it really is.... I mean those two people walking out on stage, Stevie and Lindsey, they were partners when they were 16 years old.
IN: When you met them then, they were very much in love, weren't they?
MF: Oh, yes, of course.

VO: Lindsey got married in 2000 and has three children. Stevie is happily single. She travels with two four legged companions.
IN: Could it be said that, if it wasn't for Fleetwood Mac, you guys might never have broken up?
SN: It's possible that we might've stayed together.
IN: Gotten married?
SN: Very possible.
IN: Had kids?
SN: Had kids. But, you know, destiny intervenes.
IN: Do you ever wish that's what happened?
SN: No, because I never go against destiny.

IN: I want to ask you about you mom. I know she was very, very special to you and I know that she passed just -
SN: Yeah, not long ago.
IN: Without her, would you have been able to do what you're doing now?
SN: No. I am alone in this world without her. Do I miss having a boyfriend or a man in my life? No. Do I miss my mother? I miss her so much that it makes me nauseous. Because there's nobody who can fill that void. There is nobody that can take her place. And there is nobody who can pull me back into sanity like she was able to do. And so what I tell people is "don't ever take your mother for granted cos she could be gone tomorrow". She left a lot of stuff, a lot of scrapbooks and writings and a suitcase that I have yet to open. It's been almost two years, I guess. I'm just not ready.

VO: The loss put a lot of things in perspective. Especially her relationship with Lindsey. Stevie decided that after 36 years, it was time to make peace.
SN: My mom always said to me too, you know, "it's really easy to say you're sorry." Just walk up to someone and say "I'm really sorry. Honestly, I'm really sorry." And that's it. That's all you have to say. And that's something we don't say very much.
IN: Both of you needed to apologise to each other?
SN: *nods*
IN: And now you have?
SN: Mm-hmm. *nods*
IN: And it's changed everything.
SN: It's changed everything. And so for the better.
IN: What was his response?
SN: His response was good. His response was, more or less, "I wish you'd told me all this a long time ago" and so then you're like "Well, you know, I didn't take the time to sit down and explain to you why I wasn't happy. Because I thought you knew. And you didn't. You didn't know."
IN: Do you wish you'd had that chat then. (?)
SN: Yeah, I wish I do, I certainly do. It certainly would've made the last thirty years easier. Yeah. It's sure a lot more fun this way.

SN: Sometimes I see the boy I first met when he was sixteen and I haven't seen him since we first joined Fleetwood Mac.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting. Great to have new quotes, but it gets so tiring. The same thing, different year. Have said basically the same thing since 1997. They fight, they make up, but always make it about 1976. Bull.

"SN: Sometimes I see the boy I first met when he was sixteen and I haven't seen him since we first joined Fleetwood Mac." -- She said this in 2003 too.

I did appreciate the Landslide info. I always thought she was really upset, mad, threatened by him going on the Everly tour without her which explains why Crystal Zevon said she "followed" him to Aspen. . Of course, that means she wasn't necessarily going there to break up with him but more like trying to remind him he had a girlfriend. And she also has said they got into a huge fight there because Lindsey was really angry with her "about something."

Oh and also, Jess Nicks died in 2005 and Lindsey was there, played Landslide at his memorial. She didn't have this same revelation of reconciliation then? Or in 1999 when Lindsey's mom passed? Smh...

Last edited by CADreaming; 08-11-2013 at 09:47 AM..
Old 08-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for taking the time to write this out.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Thank you for posting this video link. I really enjoyed all the unreleased video tid bits. The part with Stevie playing Rhiannon on the piano and all the segments about Barbara Nicks. I had tears in my eyes thru the whole thing because I am just so overwhelmed that an entity that was so powerful when I was a teenager still has the same affect on me in my 50's.
http://bcove.me/ffi3ubvx
Old 08-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I absolutely loved watching this, especially the more intimate clips we never see - the backstage stuff, like the SUV arriving and Lindsey getting out, and the clip showing Stevie's traveling dogs.

Sure, we've heard it all before, but it's refreshing to see them in good shape, personally and physically. Stevie is still stunningly beautiful, and seems more down to earth than she's ever been, but retains her quirky self.

I was happy to hear her say that it isn't over yet. This gives me hope that they will make another album. I think this recent tour has really reinvigorated them. I was so happy to see them perform such a stellar show. I really like how they walked out on a fully lighted stage at the start of the show and greeted the audience. That's pretty unusual, but was very personal gesture, making the audience relate to them like old friends.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just watched the video. Excellent! This was one of the best segments I have ever seen on them, the editing was perfect. I have to agree that despite the repetitiveness of the story, this was a fresh take on it. Very impressed.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love it. Wish I could have it on DVD. They sound so sweet and high-voiced on Don't Stop in the old clip.

Mick, can I pay you to be my scarf shopper?

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 08-11-2013 at 02:38 PM..
Old 08-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The crisp HD video is just killing me. I'm so depressed. Why is everything online and nothing on DVD?

Stevie saying she would not have admitted that the cocaine changed her voice in the past reminded me of an article from 1980 that a Ledgie contributed. I think Stevie's indignant comments are pretty funny. But it's hilarious that people have actually been accusing her voice of degrading for more than 30 years now.

http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph...2&id=8532&c=18

Q: Stevie, would you care to comment on the rumors that your voice is not as strong as It used to be.

Stevie: It's wonderful to read that your voice is disintegrating. I would like to comment on that, actually. If you care to take the time to read the reviews from the last shows that we've done you might notice that I am. as my mother says to me, 'singing like a little bird'. And because I'm taking real good care of myself, my voice is not disintegrating. When I die, 'disintegration' will be one of the words that'll pass in front of me. I think it's very cruel for people to say 'disintegration' It's like, well, God, might as well just give up. Does anybody have any faith in me at all? My voice is fine.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What answers could be in the suitcase? Barbara's suitcase is like the briefcase in Pulp Fiction.

Four generations? A generation is not a decade. I think a generation is how long it takes to grow up and have kids, so like 18-20 years. FM hasn't been together for 80 years.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 08-11-2013 at 02:56 PM..
Old 08-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Why is Stevie's weight important?
Unfortunately, it is important to her...and to most women but true. And, because of the business she's in and as a front woman. She developed an image over the years that was, at least physically waifish and vulnerable so her fans found it difficult to watch what happened as a result of her lifestyle. She has said that she has found it difficult that she became overweight and that she's fought it ever since. I know that I'm 5'1" and I work my butt off to stay slim and healthy because I like it that way! I am NOT happy when I'm overweight. If it doesn't bother anyone else it doesn't bother me for them tho, only myself! I personally like her slim because I think SHE is HAPPIER when she is

She does look great in this interview but I LOVE her smile, at ANY weight, it very simply transforms her! I think she smiled once during the entire interview, why so glum, Stevie?
Old 08-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
She does look great in this interview but I LOVE her smile, at ANY weight, it very simply transforms her! I think she smiled once during the entire interview, why so glum, Stevie?
So funny you mention that. After I watched this interview I was thinking how Stevie is always so somber and serious in all of her interviews. It's like she goes into drama mode when she talks about her life and Fleetwood Mac. It's not a big deal really, except that when she is caught in candid moments, she seems much more upbeat and cheerful. And several people who know her have commented on her great sense of humor. It definitely seems like she has distinct public and private personas.