User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara79 View Post
Just got an e-mail from Mick Fleetwood.com offering VIP packages in Australia.
$425 first 5 rows & $375 first 20 rows (USD)
Oh, if I didn't laugh I'd cry.

Again, I was offered nothing but crap this morning. Well done to anybody who got anything decent at any of the shows - I don't know what on earth was going on in Brisbane, but the very best I was offered was about 11am this morning, Row 23 (after being offered nosebleed seat after corner section after side view - ugh). But, I am encouraged that the show is almost sold out now, so hopefully we'll get a second date, and hopefully meet and greets!

StreetAngel 86 - they're doing M&Gs at both the Sydney shows and both the Auckland shows, so I don't see why the second Melbourne show would miss out. I'm figuring they're just not up yet because it was only announced this morning (and we've already seen Mick's site is a bit slow on the uptake!)

secret love - I went to both Brisbane shows in 2009, and we got SS both nights. I'm not sure there's any rhyme or reason to it, other than how Stevie's feeling on the night. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Sometimes though I find my favourite songs are a bit of a let down live (they're not bad, but they're just unable to reach my crazy high expectations), and that a song I like less ends up stealing the show. I guess my point is, you will have a blast no matter what

Last edited by DoubtfulMiracle; 06-13-2013 at 04:52 AM..
Old 06-13-2013, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh no I cant believe it, that is soooo wrong!!! why announce Micks meet & greet 6 days after the presale Darn it for an extra $40 bucks with guaranteed first five rows plus the meet and greet. So Pis@ed to hear this

DoubtfulMiracle, im sure a second Brissy Concert will be announced shortly hopefully you & your family will then score some great tickets.. All the best
Old 06-13-2013, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post

StreetAngel 86 - they're doing M&Gs at both the Sydney shows and both the Auckland shows, so I don't see why the second Melbourne show would miss out. I'm figuring they're just not up yet because it was only announced this morning (and we've already seen Mick's site is a bit slow on the uptake!)

that's what I figured. i didnt even know there was a 2nd melb show until tonight. at least the aussie pages didn't crash like the NZ ticket pages ... sounds like we've all had a sucky experience this round
Old 06-13-2013, 08:01 AM
Ledgie

Everyone - as soon as you read this, log on to www.mickfleetwoodofficial.com as the meet and greet packages have just come up. I am in the US so have probably seen them before Australia has woken up.
Cheers, Gazz
Old 06-13-2013, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_the_torment View Post
Thank you so much for mentioning this! Makes no sense that these packages would appear now, after all the presales and general onsale times. Having said that, I just managed to get a meet & greet for the 2nd Sydney show. Very excited!
same happened with the first round of US shows, guys. if it's any consolation.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
same happened with the first round of US shows, guys. if it's any consolation.
Yeah, that delay cost people a few bucks!

Michele
Old 06-13-2013, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I found this ad for the Melbourne Rod Laver Arena show On YouTube.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-13-2013, 10:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

mickfleetwoodofficial.com still has front row meet and greets ($425) for the Adelaide show if anyone is keen
Old 06-14-2013, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
mickfleetwoodofficial.com still has front row meet and greets ($425) for the Adelaide show if anyone is keen
too bad i already bought a floor seat otherwise i'd have bought a M&G ticket in a second ... unless someone wants a Rad floor seat????????
Old 06-14-2013, 03:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Oh no I cant believe it, that is soooo wrong!!! why announce Micks meet & greet 6 days after the presale Darn it for an extra $40 bucks with guaranteed first five rows plus the meet and greet. So Pis@ed to hear this

DoubtfulMiracle, im sure a second Brissy Concert will be announced shortly hopefully you & your family will then score some great tickets.. All the best
I know, I feel sorry for you and others who bought the packages through Live Nation But trying to look on the bright side, I know we'll all have forgotten about this big mess by November and will just be able to sit back and enjoy the shows no matter where we are
Old 06-14-2013, 04:12 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post

Surely a 2nd Brisbane show must be on the horizon. There's barely any tickets left & from what I can see, only single seats available.

Has anyone bought a meet & greet for any of the Aussie shows?
Old 06-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Geelong Advertiser Tourism boon as Day on the Green sells out

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/...7144_news.html

Nathan Hale | June 14th, 2013

GEELONG is set for a multi-million dollar windfall after tickets to Fleetwood Mac's appearance at A Day on the Green sold out in record time.

It took just 90 minutes for the 14,000 tickets to sell for the November 30 concert to be held at The Hill Winery.

Geelong Otway Tourism boss Roger Grant labelled the demand for the performance as a welcome respite following a string of bad jobs news recently.

"Tourism brings more than $1 billion to the region every year and you cannot underestimate the importance of events like this," he said.

"This type of event will bring in millions of dollars."

A Day on The Green promoter Michael Newton said yesterday's ticket frenzy was expected.

Mr Newton said the hype about one of the best-known bands in the world hitting our region was overwhelming.

"From the very first moment the concert was announced, the buzz has been just phenomenal," he said.

"We're absolutely delighted to be presenting this much-loved iconic band."

Following festivals such as Lorne's Falls, Meredith, the National Celtic Festival at Portarlington and local festivals at Apollo Bay, Queenscliff and Anglesea, music is becoming big business.

Mr Grant said the ability to host such events - coupled with the natural beauty of the Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula - made the region an attractive destination.

"There are some terrific festivals and we now have a genuine competitive advantage in a national sense," Mr Grant said.

"Last weekend's Celtic Festival was just fabulous and music is recognised in our strategy as an important link.

"We have a great reputation and are ideally placed to take advantage of the increasing numbers of people who are doing three and four-day getaways."

Two concerts in the Day on the Green series were held at The Hill earlier this year.

In February about 7000 people watched Australian rock legends Hoodoo Gurus, The Angels with Dave Gleeson, Ross Wilson, Dragon and Boom Crash Opera, while nearly 10,000 people turned up to see Neil Young and his band Crazy Horse.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Ledgie

The Nicks Fix has announced a 3rd Sydney show and 2nd shows for Brisbane & Perth. Can't see any details at LiveNation yet.

http://rockalittle.com/
Old 06-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_the_torment View Post
The Nicks Fix has announced a 3rd Sydney show and 2nd shows for Brisbane & Perth. Can't see any details at LiveNation yet.

http://rockalittle.com/
Oh thank god! I was starting to get worried there wouldn't be a second one in brisbane. Of course I'll try to contain my excitement until the official announcement, but where there's smoke there's fire!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post
Oh thank god! I was starting to get worried there wouldn't be a second one in brisbane. Of course I'll try to contain my excitement until the official announcement, but where there's smoke there's fire!
I know! My seats for the first Brisbane show are pretty average. I hope they give us a bit of notice re on sale times. I will need to rearrange my work hours!