The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You think they might do that, Michele? I was thinking it's a fairly long way to come, so was expecting that they would make just the one trip like they have in the past.

Venue maps are also up now for the Brisbane and Adelaide shows. The Melbourne map is 'up' too, but it's not showing the pricing categories. The Adelaide map is interesting because it shows where the packages are...

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...EX13&view=amex
Old 06-04-2013, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stuff Co. New Zealand, June 4, 2013

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...ew-tour-new-EP

While I was away the other week and busy seeing shows in Sydney, news dropped that Fleetwood Mac will return to New Zealand before the end of this year; one show, Auckland, December 6. It's tempting to see them again - it'll be almost four years to the day from when I saw them in New Plymouth and that was a fabulous gig.

I seem to cop a bit of grief around here (and Facebook) for mentioning, from time to time, that I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan. Not sure why. Extraordinary band, one of the best (most adaptable) rhythm sections in rock (and pop and blues...) and in Lindsey Buckingham the band has a leader (albeit reluctant at times) who has, if anything, improved with age. He was always an incredible player but it feels like he had to walk away from the band, had to leave, in order to be fully appreciated (by both the band and fans). And his solo albums have improved with time - I love them all but if anything he's getting better, stronger with each release.

He's the one doing the heavy lifting with this version of Fleetwood Mac. People might still turn up in their white-witch/white-trash regalia to do a slow twirl as Stevie Nicks sings Gypsy but listen to Lindsey's guitar solo on that track. He's the star. He's the one making it happen.

There's still something in the story of Stevie and Lindsey too - they still know how to milk that, this band-as-soap-opera; these two tormented lovers/ex-lovers/lovers/ex-lovers...

I'd rather see Fleetwood Mac in 2013 than The Rolling Stones. Have you heard how awful they sound? For proof - head to the band's official YouTube channel. It's clear they don't have a clue...

But Fleetwood Mac still knows how to get the job done. And they've even taken the smart approach to releasing new material - choosing to simply offer an EP, just four songs. I think for a band like Fleetwood Mac - a heritage act, a band that tours to play the hits - this is the right move. It's been 10 years since they released an album and in that time we've been told (so often) that the album is dead, that the industry is dead. The world doesn't really need a new Fleetwood Mac album - but an EP means there is a fan-souvenir and there are four new songs for the gigs.

Again, it's Lindsey doing the heavy lifting, contributing three new songs and a re-recording of a Buckingham/Nicks song. So the four songs are Lindsey's doing - and he nails three of them. Heck, he even does his best to write a new Christine McVie song; since she's still the missing piece of the puzzle these days.

Did you know they'd released new material? And will you check it out? Will you go to the gig end of this year? Or are you just not a Fleetwood Mac fan? Just as I don't understand how someone couldn't like this band are you someone who does not understand at all how someone could like them? And do you agree that Lindsey Buckingham is - in this day and age - the star the show, the one carrying the FM name at this point in terms of the playing/writing/delivering? (And yes, I know a lot of people still go just for Stevie.)
Old 06-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post

Venue maps are also up now for the Brisbane and Adelaide shows. The Melbourne map is 'up' too, but it's not showing the pricing categories. The Adelaide map is interesting because it shows where the packages are...

GRACIAS!!!!!
at least we get PERMISSION to stand ... how thoughtful of them.
Imma print this out and if people get told off and to sit down, i will pull the seating plan out and tell them READ THIS that seating plan looks okay though. I will wait patiently until Friday ...
Old 06-06-2013, 05:32 AM
Ledgie

Quote:

Thank you!

I actually searched for seats at the AmEx presale, even though I couldn't buy them (no AmEx). I couldn't get anything on the floor for Brisbane or Sydney about an hour after they went on sale. Now Brisbane is showing upper tier only. Hope that means tickets are selling well & 2nd shows will be announced.

Good luck tomorrow morning!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The presale allocation for Adelaide sold out too. I wish I knew what percentage of tickets were made available in the presales, but safe to say they seem to have sold well so far.

I've actually just shot myself in the foot by asking my brother if he wanted to come -- he didn't last time, and I was expecting him to say no again, but of course he says yes, setting off a chain reaction in the rest of the family so that I now need to find four tickets! I actually think I'm going to use this presale madness to my own advantage, and just buy the tickets in two lots of two -- mum's short (heh, so am I) and hates sitting in the flat seats at the entertainment centre, so I think I'll shoot for as close to the front as I can tomorrow, and then buy her tickets in the next round.

Good luck to you too. Sadly, I've realised that buying concert tickets now induces the same kind of nerves in me that exams used to!
Old 06-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
The presale allocation for Adelaide sold out too. I wish I knew what percentage of tickets were made available in the presales, but safe to say they seem to have sold well so far.
LiveNation have just announced a 2nd Auckland show. Let's hope Australia gets more dates too.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

!
Im trying to buy Melb tixs
there are NO gold on the floor available
i got on at 9am on the dot

this is bull $HIIIIIIIT
Old 06-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well that was bull****, they didn't release any decent seats for the Sydney show, one section D came up, i'm hoping they release more tickets closer to the stage, in both the ticket master presale and the general sale!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Well that was bull****, they didn't release any decent seats for the Sydney show, one section D came up, i'm hoping they release more tickets closer to the stage, in both the ticket master presale and the general sale!
sorry
the Adelaide presale is up and the tickets are still listed under AMEX presale
so non Amex card holders (me) can't buy them
let's all go punch a wall
Old 06-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Andrew McManus never had these issues!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
That was crap. The LiveNation site would not load for me til about 9:05am so thought I'd missed out but I managed to get Section C in Sydney and further back on the floor in Brisbane. Pretty happy!

Hope you do ok in the next presales.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
sorry
the Adelaide presale is up and the tickets are still listed under AMEX presale
so non Amex card holders (me) can't buy them
let's all go punch a wall

Have another go maybe. I just pulled up floor seats in Section B for Adelaide.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_the_torment View Post
Have another go maybe. I just pulled up floor seats in Section B for Adelaide.
Going to patiently wait until Tuesday
Unless a lotto win finds me before that
Old 06-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Has anyone noticed the television ads for the Australian tour? They seem to feature recently shot concert footage. I wonder if an entire show has been filmed?
Old 06-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

I managed section E for the Hunter Valley show, fairly pleased with that. But for the Sydney (where I'm determined to be at the stage again) the best that was coming up was section D so I didn't bother. Preferred Seating are now selling packages at those extortionate prices (although the Dreams package has already sold out), but not individual tickets. I'm tempted to go for the Go Your Own Way package....