User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
frankly, i'd rather they put out an album with Christine than with Stevie. and not on WB. also, i'm surprised that WB is interested in any FM album.
They should go independent for the next one. I mean, indie bands are big these days.

And if I can't have all 5, I would prefer no Stevie than no Christine.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
I would love a full band FM album. But if CM doesn't want to tour, what is the point (from SN point of view) to do a record?
they can put out an album independently on who tours. not sure why that has to be connected.

plus i would love Christine - Lindsey tour much better than Stevie - Lindsey tour.

but these people are money whores, unfortunately, when it comes to milking FM brand.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the easiest way to get Stevie to do it is have Dave Stewart produce her songs and have Mick, John, and Lindsey (and maybe Christine) just be her backing band, while the others record amongst themselves and add her to the mix later. If Christine came back, I think Stevie would jump at the opportunity to do a new Fleetwood Mac album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
they can put out an album independently on who tours. not sure why that has to be connected.

plus i would love Christine - Lindsey tour much better than Stevie - Lindsey tour.

but these people are money whores, unfortunately, when it comes to milking FM brand.
Actually Mick and John are probably the biggest money whores (Mick, especially) among them for the simple reason that they don't write songs. And that just reminded me of a quote from Christine (according to Ken Caillat) - "I'm not too old to tour, just too rich!"

And imagine all the extended jam sessions they can do if Stevie wasn't around.

Last edited by applebucked; 09-26-2013 at 10:53 PM..
Old 09-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think the easiest way to get Stevie to do it is have Dave Stewart produce her songs and have Mick, John, and Lindsey (and maybe Christine) just be her backing band, while the others record amongst themselves and add her to the mix later. If Christine came back, I think Stevie would jump at the opportunity to do a new Fleetwood Mac album.
We all know hijacking albums are the surefire ways to a new FM album, so this can work.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
I would love a full band FM album. But if CM doesn't want to tour, what is the point (from SN point of view) to do a record? There is no money in it for her; no payoff. She can spend the time on her songs, her record and go tour and make the same amount of money. This is how she sees it.
Even if Stevie says that's how she sees it, I think the reality of Christine's participation, which seems like a "when pigs fly" kind of thing would change her mind quickly. Even if no one asked her, she would want to be in on the recording for the historic significance, if nothing else. That's the payoff that money can't buy. Leave her alone and she'll come home wagging her tail behind her.

But if it would NOT change her mind, that's just fine too. Obviously, Lindsey wants to do an album with Stevie above all else. But half a loaf is better than none. I would love to have a Christine, Lindsey, John and Mick album as a fan. Even if that's not Lindsey's first choice, under the FM banner, it would get his music more attention than a solo album would.

Would the fans be as interested without Stevie? No, but there would be a lot of interest none-the-less, especially since Christine has been gone for so long. That would generate a great deal of automatic PR for the project. I think the pairing could be as good if not greater than SYW was, based on some of the things Chris and Lindsey have done on their own respectively. Meanwhile, Stevie could work more with Dave or pursue other solo endeavors. That would work out perfectly.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Even if Stevie says that's how she sees it, I think the reality of Christine's participation, which seems like a "when pigs fly" kind of thing would change her mind quickly. Even if no one asked her, she would want to be in on the recording for the historic significance, if nothing else. That's the payoff that money can't buy. Leave her alone and she'll come home wagging her tail behind her.

But if it would NOT change her mind, that's just fine too. Obviously, Lindsey wants to do an album with Stevie above all else. But half a loaf is better than none. I would love to have a Christine, Lindsey, John and Mick album as a fan. Even if that's not Lindsey's first choice, under the FM banner, it would get his music more attention than a solo album would.

Would the fans be as interested without Stevie? No, but there would be a lot of interest none-the-less, especially since Christine has been gone for so long. That would generate a great deal of automatic PR for the project. I think the pairing could be as good if not greater than SYW was, based on some of the things Chris and Lindsey have done on their own respectively. Meanwhile, Stevie could work more with Dave or pursue other solo endeavors. That would work out perfectly.
Stevie wouldn't not want to be there. She loves Chris that much, despite all their differences.

YES, more people on the MF/JM/CM/LB combo train! As a fan, I would be highly interested in both the music and the performances that come with it. Maybe they could improvise jams on their performances. And play smaller venues.

And yes, Stevie can do her own thing too, if she so chooses.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd love a Lindsey-Christine album, but the reality is there's no way in hell Stevie would let that happen. If Christine was involved in a project with the boys, Stevie would be elbowing people to get involved.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I'd love a Lindsey-Christine album, but the reality is there's no way in hell Stevie would let that happen. If Christine was involved in a project with the boys, Stevie would be elbowing people to get involved.
Yes, I know. But a gal could dream.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

I know it would never happen, but man, I salivate just imagining what an all-Lindsey/Christine FM album would sound like. I'd never really thought about it before, but that would be my dream combination. Most of my favorite FM songs are those where Lindsey and Chris work together: "Hold Me," "Mystified," "World Turning," "Think About Me," "Little Lies," "You and I" and even "Ricky" -- these are magic.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
I know it would never happen, but man, I salivate just imagining what an all-Lindsey/Christine FM album would sound like
Pretty much like Tango in the Night...
Old 09-27-2013, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Pretty much like Tango in the Night...
...and I love Tango in the Night.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

There's still a broad audience for the band, another album in my opinion, would be very appreciated. I would like to have another studio effort from the band, with or without Christine (but I hope in her return ).

" Mi dicono alla radio statti calmo statti buono,
non esser scalmanato stai tranquillo e fatti uomo,
ma io con la mia guerra voglio andare sempre avanti,
e costi quel che costi la vincerò non ci son santi. "
Old 09-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but if that's so, Lindsey is stupid to not just pull Christine onboard and forget about Stevie. he'll have that album out in no time if Christine is willing.
I always shake my head at these types of comments. What's so stupid about it? Clearly Christine doesn't want to tour, Lindsey doesn't want her in the band unless she commits to touring (or at all), and Stevie isn't interested in recording with FM anymore.

If Lindsey is being stupid about anything it's his insistence that there should be another album. Frankly, we don't need another SYW or Tango or Mirage. He looks back on those and criticizes them. What makes him -- or anyone for that matter -- think that a new album would break the mold somehow?

Lindsey himself doesn't even seem to realize what he is pushing for. By writing and recording songs that he considers "Fleetwood Mac" songs, as opposed to his more daring solo stuff, he is doing exactly what he criticizes the band for doing with Mirage and Tango. The stuff was too commercial and not artistic enough. But that's the only thing he's going to get if there is another FM CD, especially judging from the less-than-stellar tracks on the EP.

I say forget it, Lindsey. You've made enough money. Focus on the solo stuff. That's what I want to hear, not this bland, poppy music that you gave us with the EP.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
I say forget it, Lindsey. You've made enough money. Focus on the solo stuff. That's what I want to hear, not this bland, poppy music that you gave us with the EP.
I agree that the bland, poppy garbage on EP was just awful. But Stevie herself lauded Seeds We Sow. And I don't see why Lindsey can't transfer that type of sound to Fleetwood Mac. His last few albums have really mastered the divide between sonic experimentation & ease of listening. There's no reason Lindsey can't find that middle ground within the confines of Fleetwood Mac.