The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey always cracks me up with the "beautiful wife" thing. I'm actually surprised he doesn't say "beautiful, young wife."
It's never a "wonderful woman," or a "loving wife."
Maybe I'm just in a pissy mood;-)
Old 06-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Makes me wonder if they really said anything substantive about a b'way show or if maybe she just asked them something like "hey would you guys ever do a B'way show like ABBA did?" and they said "well you never know" or "stranger things have happened" or "well we've talked about that......" But like others, I *seriously* doubt that'll ever come to fruition. Geez, they can barely work out a 4 song EP in this lifetime let alone getting all the managers and other players to agree to a whole freaking script and etc... the wrestling over who's version of reality gets told would be a nightmare!
Unfortunately this isn't the first mention of a Broadway show. Mick (I think) has brought the subject up before, saying he wanted to do one.

I'll pass.

....Eh, who am I kidding. I'd be the first in line at the box office. And the auditions.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Unfortunately this isn't the first mention of a Broadway show. Mick (I think) has brought the subject up before, saying he wanted to do one.

I'll pass.

....Eh, who am I kidding. I'd be the first in line at the box office. And the auditions.
hmmm...I can see Mick wanting to do it....but LB? The interviewer made a point to say each of them was talking about it. Lindsey's kids and beautiful wife getting expensive?
Old 06-21-2013, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/21/cnr.04.html

CNN transcript

After 45 years, 16 members and more than 100 million albums --

(MUSIC)

COSTELLO: -- Fleetwood Mac is once again selling out. I talked with them about their enduring success.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

COSTELLO: Iconic Fleetwood Mac song launched Bill Clinton's presidential campaign way back in the day. And why not? Fleetwood Mac represented youth and came to represent a new generation in the White House -- baby boomers were now in power. Seems like a million years ago, doesn't it?

But, Fleetwood Mac is back, big time. With sold-out shows, new music and new fans, even they are a little freaked out by the love coming their way. I know -- really? I sat down one-on-one with guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood. It was awesome. (BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM, GUITARIST, FLEETWOOD MAC: Sometimes it takes a significant period of time in order to know that what you've done has legs, that it means something that it has worked its way into the fabric.

COSTELLO: When I go see a band that I really love, many years ago, first of all I want to see what they look like. Second of all, I kind of want to relive the day.

MICK FLEETWOOD, DRUMMER, FLEETWOOD MAC: I never get very specific about being focusing on too much going on in the audience.

COSTELLO: What do you do before the show?

FLEETWOOD: I get a little anxious, so I keep occupied. At a certain point, family, no family, it's like there's a lockdown where then it really gets into a rhythm of preshow. So I try to keep busy, you know. I actually am pretending to learn the guitar and the ukulele.

COSTELLO: Just to keep your mind off the coming performance?

FLEETWOOD: And I'm actually having fun doing that and I'll sit and do that in the dressing room.

COSTELLO: Once you take the stage no nerves, nothing?

BUCKINGHAM: No. I mean I can remember being nervous a long, long time ago. But you know, it's been quite a while.

COSTELLO: So you guys have sold out pretty much every show. Some people might say that's amazing.

FLEETWOOD: We feel that we have an audience, we're blessed that we have an audience. But you never really, really know whether or not they're going to knock on the door again.

COSTELLO: We have to talk about some of the drama surrounding the band.

BUCKINGHAM: The musical soap opera, if you will the fact there were these two couples who were living out their lives in front of the public and were, you know, writing songs that had cross dialogues back and forth, the subtext really of the "Rumors" album is something else.

COSTELLO: I don't know how you could have done that frankly.

BUCKINGHAM: We're still working on.

COSTELLO: So there's still love between you two?

BUCKINGHAM: Yes. We really had to compartmentalize. The other unnatural part of that was we never really had the opportunity to spend time apart in order to get the kind of closure that a normal couple would -- would have. COSTELLO: Well, there are a lot of fans who still want to see you guys together.

FLEETWOOD: And they do, every night.

BUCKINGHAM: I moved on with my life personally. I have three children and a beautiful wife.

COSTELLO: I want to ask you about your new songs because there are four of them, as I understand it.

BUCKINGHAM: Yes.

COSTELLO: So will there be more?

BUCKINGHAM: We are very much hoping to get Stevie to come to the table with some new songs. Clearly, you know what we're doing is as fresh and vital as anything we've done in a long time. You know there is still this creative forward motion in the band, you know, so that we're not strictly resting on our laurels.

(END VIDEO CLIP)