User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyL17 View Post
Ticketmaster confirms that Ft. Lauderdale is canceled due to poor ticket sales and that Stevie is exhausted, but that it is being spun as a scheduling conflict.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Fleetwoo.../artist/735087
Ticketbastard would not say Stevie is exhausted. If she were that tired they would have cancelled tonight's show and Friday night's show too. Why would it make sense to cancel a Saturday night gig but not a Wed. night gig?
Old 06-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm starting to think it is just about logistics and ticket sales. For example, I tried pulling up tickets for Sunrise for weeks on end and always brought up the same seats until earlier this week. Also, if ticket sales are truly low, and they consider the cost associated with the lengthy trek leaving Tampa heading south for 2 1/2 hours then crossing the everglades for another 2 1/2 hours to Sunrise for a less than capacity crowd, then the 8-10 hour drive to Atlanta for the next venue, maybe its not worth it? IDK, but the first round of Heart and Soul also cancelled the Sunrise venue. Workers there did say the ticket sales were sluggish at the time.
They probably would have been better off after Tampa booking Germain Arena in Estero, Fl then Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, Fl, then St. Augustine, but all 3 are only about 5,500 seats each (perhaps not worth it for the Mac).
With Montreal it seems hardly worth it to cross the US Border for 1 show then cross again to come to New York if ticket sales are weak.
Here in Florida I've seen many "classic" rock acts cancel shows. Usually same excuses, but my guess is ticket sales.

Last edited by mottabam; 06-05-2013 at 09:54 PM..
Old 06-06-2013, 04:51 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyL17 View Post
Ticketmaster confirms that Ft. Lauderdale is canceled due to poor ticket sales and that Stevie is exhausted, but that it is being spun as a scheduling conflict.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Fleetwoo.../artist/735087
I can't see anything on the link you provided about Stevie being exhausted or about poor ticket sales. It merely states the show has been canceled.

Did you speak to someone at Ticketmaster or are you speculating as to why the show was canceled?
Old 06-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottabam View Post
I'm starting to think it is just about logistics and ticket sales. For example, I tried pulling up tickets for Sunrise for weeks on end and always brought up the same seats until earlier this week. Also, if ticket sales are truly low, and they consider the cost associated with the lengthy trek leaving Tampa heading south for 2 1/2 hours then crossing the everglades for another 2 1/2 hours to Sunrise for a less than capacity crowd, then the 8-10 hour drive to Atlanta for the next venue, maybe its not worth it? IDK, but the first round of Heart and Soul also cancelled the Sunrise venue. Workers there did say the ticket sales were sluggish at the time.
They probably would have been better off after Tampa booking Germain Arena in Estero, Fl then Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, Fl, then St. Augustine, but all 3 are only about 5,500 seats each (perhaps not worth it for the Mac).
With Montreal it seems hardly worth it to cross the US Border for 1 show then cross again to come to New York if ticket sales are weak.
Here in Florida I've seen many "classic" rock acts cancel shows. Usually same excuses, but my guess is ticket sales.
I think you're right. Makes sense. Thanks for the post.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Ticketbastard would not say Stevie is exhausted.
But it would be hilarious if Ticketmaster did start commenting on Stevie's physical and emotional state.

Michele
Old 06-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Well, I am soooooooo p!ssed about this, I can't see straight!! Really??? 2 days notice????? This will be the first FM tour I have missed in over 30 years!!!! Arrrggghhhhhhh. And who wants to drive to Tampa with the storm! It was going to be bad enough driving 40 miles with this rain and flooding.... and peeps who were flying in??... I don't even know how to begin with that....

And to rub salt in the wound - during David Letterman last night, they ran an ad for the concert!!!!
I think I'll be venting about this for awhile.....

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 06-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BY Ed Condran The Tampa Tribune correspondent Published: June 6, 2013

http://tbo.com/fleetwood-mac-still-m...-fun-20130606/

When: 8 p.m. Friday
Where: The Forum, 401 Channelside Drive, Tampa
Tickets: $36.75, $76.75 and $146.75

Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks could go their own way. Neither singer-songwriter has to go back with Fleetwood Mac. Each has impressed as solo artists over recent years.

Buckingham has released three solo albums over a five-year span and Nicks released "In Your Dreams" in 2011, one of her finest projects. She also recorded with Dave Grohl and the Sound City Players in 2012.

"I really enjoyed making those solo albums," Buckingham said. "I had a lot to get out of my system."

But Buckingham makes time for Fleetwood Mac, which will perform tonight at the Forum.

"People still come out to see us," Buckingham said. "There are more and more young people coming out. There's good reason to continue together. We have a great deal of fun when we're together."

The legendary band is out behind, "Extended Play," its first release in 10 years - a four-song EP. The fresh material sounds like vintage Fleetwood Mac, particularly "Without You."

Stevie Nicks penned the catchy tune prior to joining Fleetwood Mac. The never-released track was intended for a Buckingham-Nicks album. The acoustic love song is gentle and moving and is worth experiencing solely for the rich harmonies.

"I've always had that connection with Stevie," Buckingham said. "We've been at it for a long time."

So has Fleetwood Mac, which has sold over 100 million albums. "Go Your Own Way," "Rhiannon," "The Chain," "Don't Stop" and "You Make Loving Fun" are just some of the band's biggest hits.

Fleetwood Mac, which also includes bassist John McVie and drummer Mick Fleetwood, hit pop paydirt with 1976's "Rumours," which sold more than 19 million copies. That allowed Fleetwood Mac to create the quirky, adventurous and brilliant "Tusk," which dropped in 1979.

Buckingham was the dominant figure/mad genius behind "Tusk."

"We did a number of different things in this band," Buckingham said. "When I look back at 'Rumours' and 'Tusk' and so many of the other albums, I couldn't be prouder. People feel pretty good about what we've done. They still come out to experience these songs. It's great right now whether I'm working with Fleetwood Mac or working solo."

Buckingham has plenty in the tank. "Seeds We Sow," his latest effort, which dropped last month, is a bit of a departure for Buckingham. It's the rawest album of his career. Some of the songs sound like demos. It's refreshing to hear tunes, warts and all in a producer's era, in which virtually every cut is cleaned up. Buckingham's songs are still elegant and intimate but it's nice to hear them without unnecessary sheen.

"It's good to do things a little differently at times," Buckingham said. "You don't want to keep repeating yourself."

But what Buckingham does repeat is welcome. He continues to write terrific love songs, which are hardly ubiquitous these days.

"It's true," Buckingham said. "There aren't as many love songs out there today. But it's something I'm compelled to do."

That's been one of his strengths going back to Fleetwood Mac's '70s hey day.

"You always hear that it's best to play to your strength," Buckingham said. "There's nothing wrong with that."
Old 06-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Ledgie

Sorry, I worded my statement wrong. I meant to say that Ticketmaster confirmed the cancellation. A blogger who writes for the Miami Herald says she has sources that told her those were the reasons. If you scroll down a few tweets, you will see it discussed.

https://twitter.com/lesleyabravanel
Old 06-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

God, I still can't believe I won't be seeing the band this time around!!!