Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not sure if anybody saw this

Old 07-15-2019, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Here's what I don't get about SYW. Stevie is always saying how she writes so much and there's not enough albums to release it all. So wouldn't a double album appeal to her?
1. She was thinking of what stood to fare better in the marketplace.
2. That may have been true early on, but in short order she became less prolific.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:13 PM

Does anyone else's sound go in and out?
Old 07-15-2019, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Here's what I don't get about SYW. Stevie is always saying how she writes so much and there's not enough albums to release it all. So wouldn't a double album appeal to her?
Scribbling "there once was a man from Nantucket" on toilet paper, while s(h)itting on her throne, might not qualify as a "song".

I think she's referring to her life, FORTY YEARS AGO, when she refers to "writing so much".
Old 07-15-2019, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Stevie will not let Buckingham Nicks, the album go unresolved. Sure, this Fleetwood tour will end. She'll do her solo thing for 2 years. But after that, Fleetwood Mac will be way too old to tour. I'm sure there will be some big reconciliation, between her and Lindsey. There will be a ton of press, a big spectacle. They'll re-release the album and tour.
She doesn’t want to be on a stage with him anymore. Wasn’t it clear enough when she fired him, ignored all his calls, and couldn’t care less when he almost died?

I couldn’t care less what Stevie wants or doesn’t want. She doesn’t own the universe, no matter how much her fans want to believe she does.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Don't get me wrong. I love Lindsey and his last tour was amazing. I attended two shows. (LA and Wash DC)

However, he did throw Christine under the bus when she left the band. And he did it all along the tour via local press.

I think his intentions were more from love and a bit of anger. Christine sort of abandon him to money hungry egos. The other three did not care about the art vs commerce issue. Nor did they care about taking risks musically. They did not have an interest in keeping the band adventurous. I think SYW would have been 10 times better had Christine been with them.

I think she tried to stay neutral and that really blew up in her face. And I'm sure it's never fun to get sued. Even if it a legitimate consequence of actions.
Lindsey was thinking about the band and it’s legacy, something Stevie never did. Her reasons to kick him out of the band were selfish.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-15-2019, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I couldn’t care less what Stevie wants or doesn’t want. She doesn’t own the universe, no matter how much her fans want to believe she does.
Me either! **** her.

BUT $he apparently owns FM now. Her whims become reality, regardless of the cost. I'm still not certain who's worse, $tevie or Dick. They're both awful, for different(and some of the same) reasons.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Me either! **** her.

BUT $he apparently owns FM now. Her whims become reality, regardless of the cost. I'm still not certain who's worse, $tevie or Dick. They're both awful, for different(and some of the same) reasons.
I think at some point in the distant past Stevie may have been a decent person before fame and wealth ruined and spoiled her beyond repair. Mick has always been a creep IMO so in his case there was no decent person to lose. So my vote would go to Dick.

Old 07-15-2019, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Does anyone else's sound go in and out?
Yes, and it's annoying as hell. Lol.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I think at some point in the distant past Stevie may have been a decent person before fame and wealth ruined and spoiled her beyond repair. Mick has always been a creep IMO so in his case there was no decent person to lose. So my vote would go to Dick.
She really spiraled out of control quickly after the passing of her mother. Barbara definitely kept that ego in check.

It's appalling that at this point in their lives, they chose to be this petty and hurtful to one another. I don't know how a group of people can invest so much time together over 4 decades and still have the appetite to do that to one another in their last sprint of productivity.

My daughter is only a month old. Over the weekend I was trying to calm her down and I tried playing the String Quartet Tribute to Rumours on my kindle. All I could think about besides my beautiful daughter, was how I will probably never see that band perform together again. Made me tear up 100%.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
She really spiraled out of control quickly after the passing of her mother. Barbara definitely kept that ego in check.

It's appalling that at this point in their lives, they chose to be this petty and hurtful to one another. I don't know how a group of people can invest so much time together over 4 decades and still have the appetite to do that to one another in their last sprint of productivity.

My daughter is only a month old. Over the weekend I was trying to calm her down and I tried playing the String Quartet Tribute to Rumours on my kindle. All I could think about besides my beautiful daughter, was how I will probably never see that band perform together again. Made me tear up 100%.
Their faces look so cold in the above interviews. $tevie, her ego, and her mgmt. haved ruined our band. And interesting to say "our" band. I always felt part of it. I don't anymore.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 07-17-2019 at 06:59 AM..
Old 07-16-2019, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick was so kind when I met him. Especially to those of us who were younger. He acted like a father. I can't understand how someone can be so kind to some and so cruel to others.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
That’s why I think every time I try to listen to any of their records. How we end up like this?

Congratulations on your daughter
Old 07-17-2019, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Not sure if anybody saw this

I can't get this to play. Can someone tell me what interview it was/is? Was it on a certain tv show or something?
Old 07-17-2019, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This interview aired on June 30th on a show called Sunday Night Stories. There is a video in the link at the bottom but it won't play for me.

Fleetwood Mac saved from break-up after Lindsey Buckingham's departure by new frontman Neil Finn

Despite one of the biggest bust-ups in music history, Fleetwood Mac is keeping the dream alive with new frontman Neil Finn - and a world tour that’s filling stadiums.

The break-ups and make-ups have made Fleetwood Mac's story one of the most captivating in all of rock and roll. It began half a century ago when Neil Finn was still primary school.

"It's like they've always existed in my head because I was very young when they started," Neil tells Rahni Sadler. "Some things you get used to always being there. I do remember Albatross as a young boy. As a song, that seemed to come from a magical place, like a fairytale or something."

Fleetwood Mac was also an influence on Neil as a performer. "When I joined Split Enz, we were in England and they did a live performance of Rhiannon. They were at their peak. It was the wildest, most intense performance I think I've seen. They were all just so in it, so vibrant. We all looked at each other and went, 'Wow.'"

Neil may be the latest addition to the Fleetwood Mac line-up, but he’s not the first by a long shot.

Christine McVie was a very early recruit. She left a group called Chicken Shack in 1970. For the most part, Christine shuns the limelight, but on the eve of the Australian tour, she agreed to a rare interview.

"I wanted to spend more time with my husband," Christine explains. "We were meeting each other on the doorstep - he was going to Germany, I was just coming home. We never saw each other."

Four years later, American Lindsey Buckingham was offered a gig as a guitarist - but he wouldn’t sign on unless Fleetwood Mac also took his singer-songwriter girlfriend Stevie Nicks.

"Lindsey said, 'She’s coming too, so either you take both of us or I can’t join your band,'" Stevie recalls. "The rest is history - and to be continued."

With fame came new pressures on all of the relationships in the band. The spectacularly successful 1977 album Rumours was the product of catastrophic breakups. Christine and John McVie separated, as did Stevie and Lindsey. Even Mick split with his wife.

The couples wrote about their experiences. The tension played out on and off-stage every night.

"You have to avoid certain rooms during the time of the breakups," explains Christine. "I think Mick was getting divorced as well. There were certain rooms you could go in and you knew you'd be safe, other rooms you avoided like that plague."

Christine McVie wrote one of her big hits, You Make Loving Fun, about a member of the crew she was seeing after she broke up with John.

"Fortunately I didn't have to look at him when I sang it, because he was off to the side. He knew who it was written about, and I suppose it was difficult at first."

"I adore John and he adores me, and we have fought just because we've had to work it through. I mean, Stevie and Lindsey just couldn't unfortunately. It was fire versus fire with them, but John and I just handled it in a much more humorous way. He's very dear to me."

At the peak of their fame in the late 70s, they were the biggest band in the world, and they admit to enjoying all the trappings of fame. These days, however, things are a little more subdued.

"[It's] almost like a kindergarten now," laughs Christine. "Perrier water only. We're clean, clean, clean. Everybody. Those days are gone."

Through the decades, Fleetwood Mac continued to tour and record hit albums, despite an ever-changing line-up. Lindsey Buckingham left the band for a while, as did Stevie Nicks. They eventually returned in 1997.

Christine McVie got tired of airports and suitcases and quit to live a quieter life in the UK. Stevie was heartbroken.

"You look into somebody’s eyes and you can’t say, 'Oh you can’t do that,'" says Stevie. "She was serious and she was going home, and that was it."

But after 15 years, Christine got bored with country living and made a triumphant return.

"[I had] terrible stage fright," Christine admits. "The thing about stage fright, as soon as you hear the audience response, the adrenaline kind of soothes any kind of fear. You just realise there's so many people there that want to see you and want to enjoy themselves with you."

Fleetwood Mac was together again, and seemed destined to spend their golden years onstage as a family. But in April last year, Lindsey Buckingham was fired from the band.

They claim that Lindsey couldn’t agree on tour dates, but Lindsey says he was told that Stevie was angry at him for smirking at her during an awards acceptance speech.

"It did have to happen," explains Mick Fleetwood. "It’s no secret that it was a challenge on Lindsey’s part, Stevie’s part and sometimes within the band. That is not off the radar, and Lindsey would acknowledge that. We weren’t happy, and there were things that happened that lead to that decision that we acknowledged as a band. It was heavy and sad, and we thought that that was it, in terms of this band continuing."

I have nothing but respect and I love the guy, but time moves on," says Christine. "Things can’t be sorted. It was something that just couldn’t be worked out, and so we had to move on."

Mick Fleetwood invited Neil to meet the band, and right away they hit it off.

"We have a lot of fun," claims Mick. "What we see here is truly a lovely friendship. It's been a joy, and I think that's a lovely word to use."

Still, Neil admits that such a big change in a beloved band is a huge thing for fans to get used to.

"I think of it through their eyes," says Neil. "I go, 'God, this must be strange, watching me up here with Fleetwood Mac.' It is strange [but] good."

"If you think you're going to end up being able to live your life in a little contained box where all the things add up the same every day, then I think you're not getting the most out of life. If you're open to surprises and opportunities when they come and you can see the potential in them - which is how it felt to me - then that's living, and that's keeping a band together ultimately as well."

Fleetwood Mac is well-known for its tumultuous romantic and professional relationships - often very publicly. But that was before the band called in Neil Finn.

Fleetwood Mac has been entertaining the world for more than fifty years. Their fans span three generations and fill the biggest stadiums. While Neil Finn’s arrival has been well-received, he doesn't strictly consider himself a lifelong member of the band.

"I wouldn't want to put a date on it because I am the youngest in the band. I've been the youngest in the band before, with Split Enz. It meant I had to go and get the sandwiches at lunchtime," Neil laughs. "They haven't put me on that yet as the youngest."

"[I'm] really enjoying my spell in here, and I have Crowded House like a lovely old car up on blocks in the garage. You can just get it out with a bit of a tinker for a spin."

There’s one Crowded House classic that gets a spin every night with Fleetwood Mac.

'I have the joy of hearing Stevie join me on it towards the end. It's a really nice moment.'
"It is amazing and really gratifying to find that the audiences everywhere have been singing to Don't Dream It's Over," says Neil. "It's definitely a song that has crossed a lot of boundaries, and there doesn't seem to be any strangeness in having a foreign item in the set. I have the joy of hearing Stevie join me on it towards the end. It's a really nice moment."

"It used to be cigarette lighters, now it's phone lights," Christine says fondly. "They love it, and they love him."

When Fleetwood Mac tours Down Under soon, it’s possible there’ll be a few more Neil Finn songs thrown in by this much-loved adopted Aussie.

"Isn't it nice to think that you've been invited into someone's family because they're so fond of you," Neil explains. "That's what it feels like in Australia. It feels like I've been invited into Australian homes over the years and we've shared some pretty intimate times, so that's going to carry onto the stage I think."

https://7news.com.au/sunday-night/fl...-finn-c-189014

Last edited by kak125; 07-18-2019 at 11:02 AM..