Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
And As Long As You Follow...
I love her on this.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
She is very audible on Second Hand News, Blue Letter ,Say You Love Me and Go Your Own Way ..on that song
there are sections where it is just her singing .I can't hear her on any Mirage songs other than the ones you mentioned on the studio outtake of Hold Me she is all over the song though. Same with Tango but we all know she wasn't there for that one.

I'll have to respectfully ask you to point out where you think Stevie can be heard on Go Your Own Way. Its a song you assume she's on as she takes such a prominent part in the live set. I'm not convinced she's on the recording though- certainly not the version on the record. All I hear is Lindsey's double-tracked harmony.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-23-2018, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'll have to respectfully ask you to point out where you think Stevie can be heard on Go Your Own Way. Its a song you assume she's on as she takes such a prominent part in the live set. I'm not convinced she's on the recording though- certainly not the version on the record. All I hear is Lindsey's double-tracked harmony.

Stevie is most definitely on GYOW. She is deep in the mix like she is on many of the songs on Rumours. Buckingham is a studio genius and when that album was recorded all three voices were present.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Speaking of GYOW. I like her on the song live. However her background vocal on the Live album (1980) GYOW ruined the song for me. I don't know why but its just way too pronounced.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Stevie is most definitely on GYOW. She is deep in the mix like she is on many of the songs on Rumours. Buckingham is a studio genius and when that album was recorded all three voices were present.
Maybe she is on there- but she certainly isn't identifiable. Certainly there's nothing that can be held up as an example of her stellar backing harmony.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-23-2018, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe she is on there- but she certainly isn't identifiable. Certainly there's nothing that can be held up as an example of her stellar backing harmony.
I can clearly hear her in all the chorus harmonies on GYOW. It's a really tight harmony, but that ring in her 1970s voice is clear as a bell to me.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
I can clearly hear her in all the chorus harmonies on GYOW. It's a really tight harmony, but that ring in her 1970s voice is clear as a bell to me.
Same here ..it is really obvious in fact on the word "day " in " you can call it another lonely day" she is still singing after everyone else stops .Not sure how someone could miss it

Old 09-23-2018, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Same here ..it is really obvious in fact on the word "day " in " you can call it another lonely day" she is still singing after everyone else stops .Not sure how someone could miss it
Nope, really sorry guys...I'm still just not convinced. Pretty sure that's just Lindsey's voice.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-23-2018, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nope, really sorry guys...I'm still just not convinced. Pretty sure that's just Lindsey's voice.

Sorry but no......Go Your Own Way has all 3 voices on it. If you can’t hear it on the the album or cd then listen to the DVD version.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She is definitely on GYOW, if you listen to the isolated vocals of it you can hear her pretty clearly. However she's not particularly prominent on it so I would never really consider it to be a 'favorite' of her background vocals.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Clearly I'll have to bow to those who know much better than me.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-24-2018, 05:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she is on GYOW and Don't Stop but of course you cant really hear her. During the Rumours 20th anniversary, Christine said for the end of Don't Stop everyone was in the studio plus family or friends were singing in the end. I am sure Stevie was part of it too. But her prevalent voice is toned down to almost inaudible.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Thanks for explaining that.
I don't want to be unduly controversial on the Stevie forum, but when I'd seen that mention of Stevie on Everywhere I could not for the life of me think of where she appears on the song. And after reading your explanation, I listened to the 2017 remaster on headphones at high volume, and sure enough she is nowhere to be seen or heard (just in my opinion), so I guess this might have been a case where Mick was drawing on something that actually transpired.

This actually brings up something I've given some thought to over the years. In the years of Lindsey's absence, Stevie sang, "I wanna be with you," just before Christine did in the chorus, which is obviously a departure from the album track. Here's one example from 1990, and probably the most widely available version from the Tango tour VHS.

These are probably unanswerable questions, but was this Stevie's way of putting her signature on the song since she wasn't on the album track? Is this maybe what she suggested she could add when they told her sorry, the track is finished? And then in 1997, did someone have to tell her that they didn't want her to do it this way anymore? I don't know why this sparks my curiosity so much, but it really does.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post

This actually brings up something I've given some thought to over the years. In the years of Lindsey's absence, Stevie sang, "I wanna be with you," just before Christine did in the chorus, which is obviously a departure from the album track. Here's one example from 1990, and probably the most widely available version from the Tango tour VHS.

These are probably unanswerable questions, but was this Stevie's way of putting her signature on the song since she wasn't on the album track? Is this maybe what she suggested she could add when they told her sorry, the track is finished? And then in 1997, did someone have to tell her that they didn't want her to do it this way anymore? I don't know why this sparks my curiosity so much, but it really does.
I have always attributed that to Stevie coming in late and off time and not knowing the words LOL
Seriously though, she is famous for coming in late or off time and IMHO that is what she was doing during the Klonopin era Everywhere's
Old 09-25-2018, 01:54 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Thanks for explaining that.
I don't want to be unduly controversial on the Stevie forum, but when I'd seen that mention of Stevie on Everywhere I could not for the life of me think of where she appears on the song. And after reading your explanation, I listened to the 2017 remaster on headphones at high volume, and sure enough she is nowhere to be seen or heard (just in my opinion), so I guess this might have been a case where Mick was drawing on something that actually transpired.

Although clearly the OP believes that Stevie is on Everywhere, and for the purposes of this thread I'm cool with deferring to that interpretation.
I think Mick got confused in his book. I think he is referring to "Little Lies". Some people think that some of Stevie's vocals on "Little Lies" are hers and some are "Lindsey's trickery". I don't have an opinion.

My favorite is the "Hold Me" outtake.