User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Seems like our old friend is back under a new name.

And it's crazier than ever!!!! We should just ignore him, if it's Mick, or ignore her, if it's Karen.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Should be interesting to see Goat Breath dancing around on stage tomorrow night like nothing has happened. Hope she's happy now. Did she cause this? No Does stress and heartbreak have a HUGE impact on your heart health? YES
Hm. I have bipolar disorder (yeah, go ahead and save that one up to use against me) and go through times of intense stress and metaphorical heartache. I've never had physical heart troubles. I've been hospitalised at least five times with intense stress and not so much as a murmur.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Should be interesting to see Goat Breath dancing around on stage tomorrow night like nothing has happened. Hope she's happy now. Did she cause this? No Does stress and heartbreak have a HUGE impact on your heart health? YES
I honestly don't care if she dances tomorrow, if she's happy or if she dedicates Landslide to him. It won't change what happened a year ago, and how they unprofesionally they treated him.

They didn't cause this but they certainly helped.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 02-08-2019, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Hm. I have bipolar disorder (yeah, go ahead and save that one up to use against me) and go through times of intense stress and metaphorical heartache. I've never had physical heart troubles. I've been hospitalised at least five times with intense stress and not so much as a murmur.
You're 25 years old. He's 70.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Ya might want to look up stress and heart attacks or heart trouble...it's a thing. Sorry for your problems.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I was thinking the same thing. When is the next show? I wouldn’t be surprised if she mentioned it or did a dedication.
No she won't, she'll ignore it.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wouldn’t be surprised if the firing added some stress on Lindsey’s heart, arguably more than a Fleetwood Mac tour would have. I have no medical background and don’t know Lindsey personally, so I can’t say one way or the other with any degree of certainty.

However, I do remember that he wasn’t planning on just a Fleetwood Mac tour, he was planning on a concurrent tour. How could a nearly 70 year old man with a genetic heart condition doing about 65 shows in under three months possibly go wrong?

In any event, it was certainly a punch to the gut when I saw it on Facebook. I hope he’ll be back to good health and have full use of his voice soon and will be able to continue recording and touring. We need his vital music!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-08-2019, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know some of you are trying to say that touring with Fleetwood Mac would of caused him more stress than getting fired from a band over nothing and going through a lawsuit, but that just because you are trying to take away blame from Fleetwood Mac.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I know some of you are trying to say that touring with Fleetwood Mac would of caused him more stress than getting fired from a band over nothing and going through a lawsuit, but that just because you are trying to take away blame from Fleetwood Mac.
Sorry, but I can’t take the opinion of someone who consistently uses the phrase “would of” seriously when discussing things like heart disease.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-09-2019, 12:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Location: By the beautiful 3 rivers in southeast Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Hey there, I think I said something to the effect that maybe it's was a good thing he wasn't on tour with FM because IMO that tour MIGHT have been more stressful than his solo tour, and I said that it was just speculation on my part.
Here's something that is not speculation. A person who has a father who has an early cardiac event (before age 55) is twice as likely to have an early cardiac event themself. Unfortunately, it was Lindsey's brother that bore the consequence of those genetics. As a nurse with 25 years in burns and ICU, I can say that best practice states stress, in and of itself, is less of a problem than how one deals with stress. If you have familial cardiac disease there is a list that goes like this in order of harm: smoking, diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, poor diet, little to no exercise, poor sleep and unmanageable stress.
I believe he would have had this happen to him regardless of who he was touring with or what he had going on in his life because of the science, not because I'm trying to let FM off the hook or whatever theory you've conjured up.
I feel awful for him and his family, as I have seen people get their chest cracked open in an emergency, and an ET tube hurriedly inserted, which absolutely inflames the vocal chords - sometimes scarring them permanently. It's a violent surgery on the body and not something I'd wish on anyone, ever. I'm guessing most people with any degree of compassion or empathy would feel the same.
Blaming serves no purpose, unless it's how you deal with your stress. Even then, there are healthier options.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdreamin View Post
Blaming serves no purpose, unless it's how you deal with your stress. Even then, there are healthier options.
Well, except for that we've been saying for the past year or so, that Old Goat Breath RUINED the end of FM, by firing their creative genius.

Age is taking it's toll, and someone was eventually going to have a significant issue, and it unfortunately was the youngest member.

So it's certainly looking like the final chapter in FM history is the f*cking COVER BAND version of FM. What a way to go out. Thanks a lot, Old Goat Breath. You *&^ %$#@.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Don't worry about her. That old battle axe will be the last one standing of the Rumours 5.
Yes, she has often talked about how long the women in her family live. However if I were her I wouldn’t compare myself to Aunt Hildegard. I don’t think Aunt Hildegard did so much coke that she had a dime sized hole in her nose. The next 25 years aren’t promised to Stevie, but.she’ll probably get them and write a self-glorifying book when all the others are dead.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, she has often talked about how long the women in her family live. However if I were her I wouldn’t compare myself to Aunt Hildegard. I don’t think Aunt Hildegard did so much coke that she had a dime sized hole in her nose. The next 25 years aren’t promised to Stevie, but.she’ll probably get them and write a self-glorifying book when all the others are dead.
You know what they say - only the good die young.

That old bitch gonna live to be 200.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think both Stevie and Mick will say something at the next concert, the hypocrisy of which will make me even madder.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well, except for that we've been saying for the past year or so, that Old Goat Breath RUINED the end of FM, by firing their creative genius.

Age is taking it's toll, and someone was eventually going to have a significant issue, and it unfortunately was the youngest member.

So it's certainly looking like the final chapter in FM history is the f*cking COVER BAND version of FM. What a way to go out. Thanks a lot, Old Goat Breath. You *&^ %$#@.
If Lindsey died, how could she live with herself? Look at what she put him through.