The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 10-23-2018, 08:30 AM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,777
Default

Dave Grohl?
Florence Welch?
Haim or Sheryl Crow most likely though.
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-23-2018, 10:45 AM
Feather Blade Feather Blade is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Love this idea. Also I think Grace Slick would be an excellent choice.
Didn't Grace have some nasty things to say at one point about how awful she thought it was for rock bands to still be playing when they got older?

Last edited by Feather Blade : 10-23-2018 at 10:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-23-2018, 12:10 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Didn't Grace have some nasty things to say at one point about how awful she thought it was for rock bands to still be playing when they got older?
She did. I know she's one of the few females left that Stevie has said influenced her early on. I figured they could just cut the mic if she starts talking about Germany. But Jimmy Iovine for the win. That's going to be great.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:34 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
She did. I know she's one of the few females left that Stevie has said influenced her early on. I figured they could just cut the mic if she starts talking about Germany. But Jimmy Iovine for the win. That's going to be great.
Iovine and Dave Grohl are two very obvious, apt choices I just totally spaced on. They're both industry heavies, much loved, status guys who would very willingly induct Stevie. Henley would also be an obviously good choice. (If Frey were still alive, he and Henley together would have been a remarkable pair to induct Stevie. I can almost hear them now, kidding around a bit and being genuinely proud of her.) Harry Styles, too.

What about Jessica Lange and Ryan Murphy?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-23-2018, 05:47 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Iovine and Dave Grohl are two very obvious, apt choices I just totally spaced on. They're both industry heavies, much loved, status guys who would very willingly induct Stevie. Henley would also be an obviously good choice. (If Frey were still alive, he and Henley together would have been a remarkable pair to induct Stevie. I can almost hear them now, kidding around a bit and being genuinely proud of her.) Harry Styles, too.

What about Jessica Lange and Ryan Murphy?
Henley would make an incredible speech. It would be cool if she and Dave did that Hendrix flavored version of GDW they did for the Sound City mini tour. I think she will only do solo hits for her performance which would be a great reason to see it live. I would watch Jessica Lange in just about anything but I think she and Ryan Murphy are relatively new acquaintances.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-23-2018, 08:27 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 633
Default

Or the entire Coven from AHS?
Personally, for any creditability for her solo work, which she is potentially getting inducted for, it should be Iovine on his own inducting her. Grohl, Crow, Lady Antebellum, Miley, Haim, Vanessa.....sing her classics out loud and proud. I think anyone associated with or playing in any version of FM should stay away. Iovine should induct her solo. It gives her more credibility, especially now. She was always pretty vocal about separating the 2, and her crew here (right now) is slightly diminished.

Last edited by Storms123 : 10-23-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-26-2018, 07:23 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 3,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Iovine and Dave Grohl are two very obvious, apt choices I just totally spaced on. They're both industry heavies, much loved, status guys who would very willingly induct Stevie. Henley would also be an obviously good choice. (If Frey were still alive, he and Henley together would have been a remarkable pair to induct Stevie. I can almost hear them now, kidding around a bit and being genuinely proud of her.) Harry Styles, too.

What about Jessica Lange and Ryan Murphy?

Harry could nominate and duet with Stevie on "Stop Dragging My Heart Around".



Anyone else think Pat Benatar had a more successful solo career than Stevie? Is she in yet?




The song that beat Stevie's "Stand Back" for a Grammy.




Last edited by jwd : 10-26-2018 at 08:20 PM. Reason: added comment and video
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-26-2018, 08:55 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 3,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Harry could nominate and duet with Stevie on "Stop Dragging My Heart Around".



Anyone else think Pat Benatar had a more successful solo career than Stevie? Is she in yet?




The song that beat Stevie's "Stand Back" for a Grammy.



Benatars last top 10 Billboard album was 1982's Get Nervous.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-26-2018, 09:10 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 3,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Benatars last top 10 Billboard album was 1982's Get Nervous.

"Invincible" and "We Belong" went to the Top 10 in '85. In the same time period, early to mid 80s where Stevie and Pat were most successful, I believe Pat was more successful than Stevie solo.





Last edited by jwd : 10-26-2018 at 09:59 PM. Reason: added stuff
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-28-2018, 08:35 AM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
"Invincible" and "We Belong" went to the Top 10 in '85. In the same time period, early to mid 80s where Stevie and Pat were most successful, I believe Pat was more successful than Stevie solo.

I'd say they had remarkably similar solo success both in terms of singles and albums. Perhaps Benatar had a slight edge. Stevie is more enduring and influential though.
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-28-2018, 11:23 AM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,329
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
"Invincible" and "We Belong" went to the Top 10 in '85. In the same time period, early to mid 80s where Stevie and Pat were most successful, I believe Pat was more successful than Stevie solo.




Perhaps but she doesn't have Stevie's songwriting capability.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-28-2018, 11:25 AM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 3,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'd say they had remarkably similar solo success both in terms of singles and albums. Perhaps Benatar had a slight edge. Stevie is more enduring and influential though.

If there is anything Stevie has over Pat is that she is indeed more influential and relevant today, even though Pat is still out there touring and sounding good. Bottom line is that these are two very strong women, both of whom have survived a male dominated business. Both of whom deserve to be in the RRHOF, and neither are, yet.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-28-2018, 12:10 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 3,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Perhaps but she doesn't have Stevie's songwriting capability.

Linda Ronstadt didn't write any of her songs to the best of my knowledge. I'd say Pat had a stronger hand in writing some of her biggest hits than Stevie had in hers'. Examples, SDMHA and "Talk To Me" weren't written by Stevie. Anyway, not sure if songwriting is one thing "The Hall" looks at when nominating and voting an artist in.

Last edited by jwd : 10-28-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-30-2018, 01:57 PM
Fannymac's Avatar
Fannymac Fannymac is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 541
Default

Hopefully Pat will get in in the next few years, but only after Carly Simon and Carole King!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-30-2018, 06:00 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 3,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Hopefully Pat will get in in the next few years, but only after Carly Simon and Carole King!
I think she will, and they will. Geesh Carole King isn't in yet?!! I love Carly Simon too! Seems like R&R is still giving women the back seat. I brought up Pat because she and Stevie are so similar in when they attained great success as solo Rock women. Here's another good clip of Pat on Oprah with Avril Lavigne. Stevie and Joan Jett are mentioned at the end of the segment. Pat and Avril do "Love Is A Battlefield" together. Excellent!


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picture1985 Press Photo Billy Burnette, rock guitarist, singer, and songwriter.
$19.99
1985 Press Photo Billy Burnette, rock guitarist, singer, and songwriter. pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE picture1920 Elizabeth Burnett & Billy Peasley Fill Salvation Army Barrel Press Photo
$12.88
1920 Elizabeth Burnett & Billy Peasley Fill Salvation Army Barrel Press Photo picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved