User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
It's different when it's on a white guy Your friend can do dreadlocks well though, a difficult feat.
It's offensive to the eyes on a white guy. Rob Zombie proved that.

Old 02-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
It's different when it's on a white guy Your friend can do dreadlocks well though, a difficult feat.
Omigod, I saw the nastiest white girl locks yesterday. Bleah! I've known two white people that it looked good on - cause their hair was so naturally curly that they grew well, nice and tight and uniform. Every other white person i've seen with them? - NO!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-24-2005, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
It's not a black and white issue with me, I just don't like how dreds look. I may be proud of my natural hair when I wake up from bed in the morning, but that doesn't mean that everyone is going to like it or think it looks attractive. Dreds work on some people, your friend included, but overall I can't stand them.

I wish Lindsey was capable of giving such a great, thoughtful interview! Her intellect astounds me every time, she's a smart cookie.
I think they usually look great on AFA people who keep them tended. Also, that's usually the only way an AFA person can grow their hair really long, which I like. But anyway, yeah, I couldn't say enough about Debbie. I said more in my original post, but I was just astounded, basically. I remember she said one thing Stevie also said - something like "It's what anyone does, you just have to push through" Anyway, I love her. <3

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Currently...

"Stardog Champion" by Mother Love Bone...One of the greatest bands IMO to never see big success due to the passing of lead singer Andrew Wood around the time their debut "Apple" was released.

Just think, If Andrew did not pass on from this life the band Pearl Jam would never had existed since 2 members of PJ were MLB members: Stone Gossard & Jeff Ament.

I cannot wait to see the doctumentary about Andrew's life entitled "Malfunkshun", Especially interesting should be the interview footage with his roommate Chris Cornell (Ex-Soundgarden & currently in Audioslave).

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I think they usually look great on AFA people who keep them tended. Also, that's usually the only way an AFA person can grow their hair really long, which I like. But anyway, yeah, I couldn't say enough about Debbie. I said more in my original post, but I was just astounded, basically. I remember she said one thing Stevie also said - something like "It's what anyone does, you just have to push through" Anyway, I love her. <3
I love how she lets everything roll off her back and won't take credit for the noble things she's done (taking care of Chris, etc.). Those are the signs of a good person. I usually don't have any desire to read many celebrity interviews, but I always read hers because they're always thoughtful and interesting, not fluffy and dull.

Old 02-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now playing: U2 - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Old 02-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love how she lets everything roll off her back and won't take credit for the noble things she's done (taking care of Chris, etc.). Those are the signs of a good person. I usually don't have any desire to read many celebrity interviews, but I always read hers because they're always thoughtful and interesting, not fluffy and dull.
Exactly. I love how she's so self depracating. And how she said, well, yeah, I was screwed a bit, but I have to take responsibility for that. And whenever the interviewer brought up how sexy she was, she kind of got embarrassed and stuff. And the parts where he was trying to illicit emotions out of her about her birth mother, she was all "Well, I have no idea the circumstances of her life, I can't really pass judgement on her" or something like that. Just a beautiful, smart, wise, thoughtful lady.
Just because I have to say it, I think she's a Cancer w/ moon in Pisces.

Old 02-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Nah...

Quote:
It's offensive to the eyes on a white guy. Rob Zombie proved that.
I think Rob is goin' for the whole spooky-dude look...Suits him well actually.

Another white dude with dreads is Brian Fair, Lead singer for Boston Mass' great metal band "Shadow's Fall":

http://www.centurymedia.com/bands/Cu...hadowsfall.htm

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Plz, those women are probably richer than any tourist whose hair they braid.

And btw, you can haggle with them and get the price down ....
Well, I know. She tugged at my heart strings! I've got sucker tattood on my forehead! You live and learn, that will never happen to me again.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly. I love how she's so self depracating. And how she said, well, yeah, I was screwed a bit, but I have to take responsibility for that. And whenever the interviewer brought up how sexy she was, she kind of got embarrassed and stuff. And the parts where he was trying to illicit emotions out of her about her birth mother, she was all "Well, I have no idea the circumstances of her life, I can't really pass judgement on her" or something like that. Just a beautiful, smart, wise, thoughtful lady.
She seems to have very little chance of going crazy and going after those guys that ripped her off. She's very sane and grounded!
Old 02-24-2005, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And you just have to respect the fact that she's a true artist in every sense of the word. Did you ever see that movie she was in called Heavy where she played Dolores the waitress? Great flick, I was surprised she didn't win any awards for it. I saw some movie with her called My Life Without Me that was good, too. Wish she'd make more movies, actually. Did you know that they wanted her to play Jennifer Coolidge's role in Legally Blonde (I believe) but she turned it down because she thought it was too mainstream and crappy? I kind of wish she had taken the part!

Old 02-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the moment:

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" - Eric Clapton and Paul McCartney, Concert for George.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" - Eric Clapton and Paul McCartney, Concert for George.

Too bad we had to lose George to get the quality of music at that concert. What a wonderful show that was.

At this instant, I'm listening to "Butter Cookie (Keep Me There)" from the Rumours reissue bonus disc.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And you just have to respect the fact that she's a true artist in every sense of the word. Did you ever see that movie she was in called Heavy where she played Dolores the waitress? Great flick, I was surprised she didn't win any awards for it. I saw some movie with her called My Life Without Me that was good, too. Wish she'd make more movies, actually. Did you know that they wanted her to play Jennifer Coolidge's role in Legally Blonde (I believe) but she turned it down because she thought it was too mainstream and crappy? I kind of wish she had taken the part!
I haven't seen those, but I will now. I heard about My Life W/Out Me. I wish she had taken that part in Legally Blonde, too. Thanks for the tips on the movies! She's a strange actress, I think. Which is good.

Old 02-24-2005, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Again...

"Insider" by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers "Pack Up The Plantation Live!" from the cassette version which to my ears absolutely smokes the compact disc mix...One of the reason it took me years to finally give in to the digital format of cd's (Ya gotta realize I have only been collecting cd's for about 5 years now) but I still think some cassette versions of releases smoke their cd counterparts (ie-"Tusk" & "Pack Up The Plantation Live!")

Oh well, I have 88 more cassettes on their way to me next week to ply through, cant wait