The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-24-2017, 09:16 PM
UCYOURGYPC UCYOURGYPC is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 56
Default What's wrong with the admins @ Ivory Keys?

Just wondering who else might have had problems with Mike Bise at Ivory keys? He had asked me to contribute artwork for his blog, and compilation MP3 projects, which I did, then he left IK for a while, and without my permission, passed my work onto another admin, who got upset when I asked to be credited for my work in her posting(s), so she then tore down the post, and now today I discover I've been removed from the group!
Is it me, am I wrong for simply asking for credit for my own artwork?
I contributed a lot to that group, and find this completely unfair.
I've tried reaching out to Mike, and he simply ignores me...now I know why his blog keeps getting reported. Screw enough people, and it comes back to you!
__________________
Love is a word that some entertain,
If you find it, you have won the game...
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 03-24-2017, 09:37 PM
eric51078's Avatar
eric51078 eric51078 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCYOURGYPC View Post
Just wondering who else might have had problems with Mike Bise at Ivory keys? He had asked me to contribute artwork for his blog, and compilation MP3 projects, which I did, then he left IK for a while, and without my permission, passed my work onto another admin, who got upset when I asked to be credited for my work in her posting(s), so she then tore down the post, and now today I discover I've been removed from the group!
Is it me, am I wrong for simply asking for credit for my own artwork?
I contributed a lot to that group, and find this completely unfair.
I've tried reaching out to Mike, and he simply ignores me...now I know why his blog keeps getting reported. Screw enough people, and it comes back to you!
Don't get me started on that looney tune! I removed myself from the group and blocked him. Crazy potatoes that one is. I just can't even! Sorry you had that experience. Seems to be a pattern over there and here to be quite honest.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-24-2017, 09:48 PM
Frankenstein's Avatar
Frankenstein Frankenstein is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 279
Default

Mike Bise strikes me as an unsavory character. In the Facebook group he would ban people for the most ridiculous reasons. He's also obsessed with thinking that every Stevie song is about Joe Walsh and really tries to push the idea.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-24-2017, 10:11 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Mike Bise strikes me as an unsavory character. In the Facebook group he would ban people for the most ridiculous reasons. He's also obsessed with thinking that every Stevie song is about Joe Walsh and really tries to push the idea.
Yeah, I wanted to join once but I saw some stories on tumblr about him being kind of a tyrant. He kicks people out for not having the same opinion as him or saying anything that even remotely resembles criticism of Stevie or if he thinks you illegally downloaded anything.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-26-2017, 04:10 AM
mirror69 mirror69 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 172
Default

I know Mike over 20 years and I share with him many concerts and demos and I never had problems with him.For me is a great person

Paolo
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-26-2017, 10:08 PM
Karissa's Avatar
Karissa Karissa is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 20
Default

This week, I was randomly booted & blocked from Ivory Keys, & I have no idea why, since I never even really talked in the group, so I definitely never had conflicts in there, & I certainly never reposted or misused any of his files.

I messaged Alicia to ask why, but my message went ignored (as I figured it would). I don't know what's going on in there lately, but it sure seems like a mess.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-26-2017, 10:21 PM
TheWildHeart67's Avatar
TheWildHeart67 TheWildHeart67 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 510
Default

Yikes. I've never been and now I never will go
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-26-2017, 11:48 PM
ricohv ricohv is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 843
Default

I'm confused.. What is this, a Facebook group? When I go to the old Ivory Keys web address it seems closed (Ivorykeysblogspot.com I think)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-27-2017, 01:05 AM
KenshiMaster16 KenshiMaster16 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 552
Default

They also do not allow anything negative or critical about Stevie to be said there, period. Pretty much every article about an upcoming Mac tour, project or the Buck/McVie album has comments disabled. It's quite a looney place indeed. No person is infallible, including Stevie. Fans should be allowed to call out celebs on their B.S. no matter how much we like or respect them.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-03-2017, 10:52 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirror69 View Post
I know Mike over 20 years and I share with him many concerts and demos and I never had problems with him.For me is a great person

Paolo
Hi, Paolo. Do you remember when Debbie Peterson (in Ohio) and I used to trade tapes with you? This would have been about 25 or 30 years ago.

Back then, I bought issues of Mike's fanzine, which I think was called Mirror Mirror. It had good stuff, and the text was very opinionated and mostly literate. I was impressed. One thing I noticed about Mike at the time was that no one was more impressed with Mike than . . . Mike.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-04-2017, 12:30 AM
mirror69 mirror69 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Hi, Paolo. Do you remember when Debbie Peterson (in Ohio) and I used to trade tapes with you? This would have been about 25 or 30 years ago.

Back then, I bought issues of Mike's fanzine, which I think was called Mirror Mirror. It had good stuff, and the text was very opinionated and mostly literate. I was impressed. One thing I noticed about Mike at the time was that no one was more impressed with Mike than . . . Mike.
Thanks David,

I happy to find a "old friend" from panpals days!!!!I don't like much this thread and I don't like the words against Mike there's no reasons Stevie/Fmac are music for all our hearts....yes in the past I was hangry if there's a show can't trade and I can't accept that not share but all of this I don't like
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-04-2017, 08:13 AM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,201
Default

I must warn you that all the people you have mentioned by name can read your posts and Mike Bise himself is still a registered member of The Ledge.

Criticism is allowed but slur isn't, so you all can recount your bad experiences with the Facebook group, but choose carefully the words for your future posts.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-05-2017, 02:45 AM
mirror69 mirror69 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I must warn you that all the people you have mentioned by name can read your posts and Mike Bise himself is still a registered member of The Ledge.

Criticism is allowed but slur isn't, so you all can recount your bad experiences with the Facebook group, but choose carefully the words for your future posts.
This is about me?
I've only reply at David with my opinions nothing else
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-06-2017, 01:47 AM
iamnotafraid iamnotafraid is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
1. I must warn you that all the people you have mentioned by name can read your posts...

2. Criticism is allowed but slur isn't...
That means I'd better start lying.

If I can't slur someone...

And who is this Mike Bise character?
Frankly, he sounds made up.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-29-2017, 01:15 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCYOURGYPC View Post
Just wondering who else might have had problems with Mike Bise at Ivory keys? He had asked me to contribute artwork for his blog, and compilation MP3 projects, which I did, then he left IK for a while, and without my permission, passed my work onto another admin, who got upset when I asked to be credited for my work in her posting(s), so she then tore down the post, and now today I discover I've been removed from the group!
Is it me, am I wrong for simply asking for credit for my own artwork?
I contributed a lot to that group, and find this completely unfair.
I've tried reaching out to Mike, and he simply ignores me...now I know why his blog keeps getting reported. Screw enough people, and it comes back to you!
I have no problem with you wanting to be credited for work that you did. Kudos to you. And shame on them.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE
$198.61
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureFLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE
$89.37
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers
$29.0
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers pictureFLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER
$24.99
FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER picture1978 Press Photo Christine McVie Rock Singer Songwriter - RRV30495
$19.99
1978 Press Photo Christine McVie Rock Singer Songwriter - RRV30495 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved