User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Well it looks like FM's promoter and management took all the decent seats to scalp again. Ticketmaster is totally rigged at this point. What a joke.
just like the stock market!!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Registered

i'm done but my husband get sec C 4th row for cher at 173 a ticket yesterday the lodge was 465
Old 04-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now crappy seats were mentioned with the presales .

Where the &^$$% the good seat tickets go.

This is BS.

Something is going on here under our eyes.

I did not look on StubHub yet but they probably have crappy seat for a kings ransom .

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Prices will go down; people are just being greedy right now. If the promoter bought up a bunch of tix to re-sell, they will start loosening their grip when nobody is buying.

This is just an initial money grab to get what they can early. Tix will open up. I don't doubt there is demand but it isn't as intense as these on-sales seem to indicate. NOBODY sells out tickets at these prices. I could see if the band hadn't toured since 1997 but the market for FM tix have been fairly soft the last few years.

Be patient ticket buyers. The shows are MONTHS away.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
Prices will go down; people are just being greedy right now. If the promoter bought up a bunch of tix to re-sell, they will start loosening their grip when nobody is buying.

This is just an initial money grab to get what they can early. Tix will open up. I don't doubt there is demand but it isn't as intense as these on-sales seem to indicate. NOBODY sells out tickets at these prices. I could see if the band hadn't toured since 1997 but the market for FM tix have been fairly soft the last few years.

Be patient ticket buyers. The shows are MONTHS away.
says the person who is getting their tickets for free
Old 04-07-2014, 03:04 PM
olive
This message has been deleted by olive.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
says the person who is getting their tickets for free
I never buy tickets the day they go on-sale unless it is an unsual performance/situation. I bought great tickets to see the Eagles last year two days before the show. Floor seats, 12th row for $100. Totally worth it. I have seen Springsteen over 35x and usually get tix the week of the show or day of. I ALWAYS get killer seats whether it is LA, Anaheim, PHX, NY etc...

A lot of these big markets will have band "holds" on tickets. When they don't get used, they get released.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let me try again .Darn keyboard.

Yes .I agree about the money grabs.

Thank for those tips.I will use them next time.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I never buy tickets the day they go on-sale unless it is an unsual performance/situation. I bought great tickets to see the Eagles last year two days before the show. Floor seats, 12th row for $100. Totally worth it. I have seen Springsteen over 35x and usually get tix the week of the show or day of. I ALWAYS get killer seats whether it is LA, Anaheim, PHX, NY etc...

A lot of these big markets will have band "holds" on tickets. When they don't get used, they get released.
Actually it depends on the band, management they hired, and how greedy they are vs how much they care for their audiences. Pearl Jam for example will make all tickets available the first day of the sale, they won't hold them back or try to scalp them. So your strategy would backfire in that case.

You are being a good sport, since you told us you have some insider connections we are taking out in response to your posts all our current frustration and hatred towards this band (that we normally love), and their incredible greed that's been on display for the last week.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-07-2014, 03:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
And Stevie and Lindsey are charging you $750 for that "experience". You are complaining about that AND telling me it's the only way to enjoy the show. If people are wiling to pay that and want to pay that, I think that is fine. I am a huge fan and I get it. I will see multiple shows and enjoy this tour, the music and the show every time.
Let's add reading comprehension to the list along with hyperbole and fans who love the first five rows.

I never said being up front and personal with the band was the ONLY way to enjoy a show. It's one of many. It also just happens to be one thing that many fans here find really makes their concert experience more worth it for them.

Yes, I will agree with you that Stevie and Lindsey (and Mick and John and Christine) are the ones charging way more than they are worth. Just one more way this band is trying to take advantage of fans. FM isn't the only band who does it but it does say a lot to me about them that they feel the need to. Especially when there are other artists out there who don't.

If the fans pay it this time around, fine for the ones who do. However, the ones who come here and express that they aren't happy with the current ticket prices don't deserve to be told "get a cheaper seat because you don't need the seats you'd really like to have because I can't understand why you'd want to be there anyway" or "wait for the prices to come down and then get the seats you want (if they're still available)".
Old 04-07-2014, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

totally agree when i was younger i would buy my tickets from the ticket brokers for insane prices and then about 10 years ago or so i started just waiting for tickets and it has always worked out for me. i go to probably 10 shows a year or more and always sit close just last year i got front row for my in-laws for the eagles and 2nd row for michael buble and just recently 5th row for cher etc. the list goes on and on. its really worth it just to sit tight and wait and if anybody needs help looking for tickets at the last minute let me know. i love spending the time looking for the best seat. the way i feel is if i am going to spend the cash i better get the best bang for my buck.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
totally agree when i was younger i would buy my tickets from the ticket brokers for insane prices and then about 10 years ago or so i started just waiting for tickets and it has always worked out for me. i go to probably 10 shows a year or more and always sit close just last year i got front row for my in-laws for the eagles and 2nd row for michael buble and just recently 5th row for cher etc. the list goes on and on. its really worth it just to sit tight and wait and if anybody needs help looking for tickets at the last minute let me know. i love spending the time looking for the best seat. the way i feel is if i am going to spend the cash i better get the best bang for my buck.
kak125, why are you so cool? haha
Old 04-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Actually it depends on the band, management they hired, and how greedy they are vs how much they care for their audiences. Pearl Jam for example will make all tickets available the first day of the sale, they won't hold them back or try to scalp them. So your strategy would backfire in that case.

You are being a good sport, since you told us you have some insider connections we are taking out in response to your posts all our current frustration and hatred towards this band (that we normally love), and their incredible greed that's been on display for the last week.
As I have said over and over, I get everyone's frustration. I have also said if I bought tickets for this tour I would be fine in the lower bowl next to the stage. I personally would not pay $750; I would wait for ticket drops from TM that will absolutely happen in the weeks and months to come.

I have never bought Pearl Jam tix but it's cool they do that for their fans. Springsteen really helped the scapling situation a few years ago by selling paperless tix (you enter venue with your credit card) and using will-call only for pick up. Even the Stones did a cool thing this year by selling nose-bleeds for $60 and then did a lottery for front row upgrades.

If FM stays the course on trying to gouge ticket buyers in every city, those secondary markets might not get added. If they do announce more dates, more cities, you will see a lot of these tickets come down in price.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
I'm gonna have to PM/email you next time since you're such a pro at this! I am NO expert at buying concert tix.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAngel86 View Post
I'm gonna have to PM/email you next time since you're such a pro at this! I am NO expert at buying concert tix.
Same! You guys have seriously brought me a lot of peace of mind and have totally hedged a nervous breakdown!
Old 04-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintbernard View Post
Let's add reading comprehension to the list along with hyperbole and fans who love the first five rows.

I never said being up front and personal with the band was the ONLY way to enjoy a show. It's one of many. It also just happens to be one thing that many fans here find really makes their concert experience more worth it for them.

Yes, I will agree with you that Stevie and Lindsey (and Mick and John and Christine) are the ones charging way more than they are worth. Just one more way this band is trying to take advantage of fans. FM isn't the only band who does it but it does say a lot to me about them that they feel the need to. Especially when there are other artists out there who don't.

If the fans pay it this time around, fine for the ones who do. However, the ones who come here and express that they aren't happy with the current ticket prices don't deserve to be told "get a cheaper seat because you don't need the seats you'd really like to have because I can't understand why you'd want to be there anyway" or "wait for the prices to come down and then get the seats you want (if they're still available)".
By cheaper seat, I mean cheaper than $750. I firmly believe you will be able to buy a good seat for less than $750 to any of these shows. Sounds like you are staying home though.