User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default How do you organize your vinyl?

Just curious.

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG!!! My dream is to have as many vinyls as this. All FM and Stevie of course.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow .I seen that photo floating around online on radio forums that I hang out at.

What a freaking mess.

I wonder how many FM Rumours albums got trashed in that mess.Nevermind other FM and its members solo LP's and 45's.

To come think about.This photo reminds me what my local Walmart or the old Kmart looks like at Christmas time.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have all my picture sleeve 45's in a vintage 1960's carrying case made especially for 45's.The rest are in two boxes designed for singles. One is just for more recent, rare or special editions (and expensive) vinyl releases. The albums, collected since the mid-1970's are housed, alphabetically in normal milk crates-- about 10 crates.

I have moved around many times in my life, in various states, back and forth - Massachusetts, Arizona, California, and Oregon. Large collections of Vinyl are are heavy as hell. The weight of such masses is immense; so heavy that the plastic milk crates can bend under the strain. They are a bitch to move and take up a lot of room.

I've considered thinning out the collection, but I love their presence and the artwork. It's hard to let go of them. It's like Sophie's choice. bit I have to lighten the load and relieve myself of the ones that hold less value.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-19-2014 at 11:00 PM..
Old 08-19-2014, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry I should of post this earlier.I was shocked looking at the photo.

I keep some in milk crates .Some in boxes .After a year ago with the surprise last summer from my friend down the street that gave me a truck load of vinyl which I'm still going through and running out of milk crates at the moment.Plus not organized yet until I finish sorting out the ones from last summer.My 45s are in a bookcase in ABC order by artist which are classic country artists.

The Stevie /FM vinyl collection are boxed up in special boxes I had made up.

The 78s are with the albums. I love listening to them.

Speaking of moving .Some how I misplace or lost my holiday 45s and some pop-rock 45s in the shuffle of moving here .They got to be somewhere in the garage or basement.Its beyond me what happen to them.The freaking boxes were labeled too.Thank goodness my Stevie/FM collection got here in one piece and not lost.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-20-2014, 07:59 PM
Junior Ledgie

I use plastic milk crates myself for 12" Vinyl and a smaller version of this crate for my 45s. I only have one for 45s, 3 for 12" and LPs. All are arranged by Artist then Title.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bags Unlimited is the place for all things vinyl. All my 45's have cardboard inserts to keep the sleeves flat, and then the record itself is in a white sleeve. They are then bagged in plastic sleeves. I categorize my 45's all by year. I try my hardest to keep all singles in sequence with release from LP. Being as I have so much from other countries that's where it gets tricky. I try to be geographically correct, starting with US west to east-Japan almost always being last. I am often challenged. lol
LPs same, although there are no inserts for the sleeves. I have made a few for the flimsier covers. All vinyl in white paper inserts separate from covers, then in plastic sleeve. Same categorizing. My LP's are now in proper wood LP crates, but my 45's are in the long white 45 boxes, but they make a kind of cabinet for them (Bags Unlimted). Also in cardboard. Stacks nicely.
Nothing very OCD

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting