User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyveris View Post
The Rhiannon from the Midnight Special as well as the one from Rosebud, along with the version from the Live CD, are my absolute favorites. Then again, I've yet to hear most of the different mp3's of Rhiannon posted in this thread, which is to say that I'm eagerly downloading them all! I'm bound to count some of those among my favorites as well. Thank you for sharing.

-Matt
A sad truth: I have nothing from the Live CD.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I'm home now, but my other computer with all my files is still in Paris.... long story. I live in the Bay Area, had my laptop in Paris with me for two months and then forgot it when I flew to LA.... fail.

BUT I'm back in the bay and can download files. I'm just going to burn a data disk with everything I download from this computer so I can switch it over.

Therefore, fire away!
You forgot your laptop?? I would have made the pilot turn the plane around! Did you copy all my Tusk era photos yet? I hope so cause I want to remove them from my photobucket account so I can replace them with a ton more photos from another era.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You forgot your laptop?? I would have made the pilot turn the plane around! Did you copy all my Tusk era photos yet? I hope so cause I want to remove them from my photobucket account so I can replace them with a ton more photos from another era.
Yeah, I wanted to.... I'm trying to get my slightly senile aunt to send it back to me but she thinks I can go years without this thing.... her kids (my cousins) offered to get it to me but she's being crazy and is convinced they'll send it to Tibet or something if she lets them handle it...

Goddamn french people.

But yes-- I am going to do those Tusk photos right now and I will let you know ASAP when I'm done loading them.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I wanted to.... I'm trying to get my slightly senile aunt to send it back to me but she thinks I can go years without this thing.... her kids (my cousins) offered to get it to me but she's being crazy and is convinced they'll send it to Tibet or something if she lets them handle it...
french people.
But yes-- I am going to do those Tusk photos right now and I will let you know ASAP when I'm done loading them.
Good. I am dead tired right now and am about to go to sleep. I will look for those Live Rhiannon's tomorrow. One more day won't matter, will it? I'm 3 hours ahead of you.
BTW an interesting thread you could put in chit chat would be about all the cities you visited on your vacation and what you did there. Was it all about the horses? You could include some photos too. I bet a lot of us would be interested in that.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good. I am dead tired right now and am about to go to sleep. I will look for those Live Rhiannon's tomorrow. One more day won't matter, will it? I'm 3 hours ahead of you.
BTW an interesting thread you could put in chit chat would be about all the cities you visited on your vacation and what you did there. Was it all about the horses? You could include some photos too. I bet a lot of us would be interested in that.
I just got all the Tusk shots-- thank you SO much. From what I can tell, we share our favorite FM era

I basically live in a suburb of Paris, Le Vésinet, for two months every year. My dad is French so he sends my sister and I there to stay with his sister. My cousin, Béatrix, then comes for the remainder of her summer. I do a lot of riding when I'm there, too-- but I usually fly to Germany for a week or two to test out horses for my trainer back in California. I've been lucky-- she has connections with some of the best riders in the world (Peter Wylde, for example) so I get to see some pretty awesome stuff in the horse capitol of the world-- Germany

But yeah, if anyone's interested in all of that, I'd be glad to talk about it. I've been all over France, Germany (for horses) and Denmark (for horses), but then again a lot of Ledgies live in these places!
Old 07-25-2009, 03:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The McVies really made this one, IMO. Cutting Christine's extended solo on this was a HUGE mistake. Chris and John just gave the song a real creepy quality. I've heard the Buckingham Nicks version, and there's no comparison. Their version sounded like a bar band. THIS version sounds like a legend. Stevie, Lindsey, and Mick were probably at their best on this one, too.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just got all the Tusk shots-- thank you SO much. From what I can tell, we share our favorite FM era

But yeah, if anyone's interested in all of that, I'd be glad to talk about it. I've been all over France, Germany (for horses) and Denmark (for horses), but then again a lot of Ledgies live in these places!
Your welcome on the Tusk pics and now they will disappear.
Are you aware that Stevie owns a racehorse in Australia?

Your chit chat blog could be continual. Your own Ledgie diary. You twitter in it whenever you feel like it. You could title it "Danielle's Diary." What do ya think?
Old 07-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Your welcome on the Tusk pics and now they will disappear.
Are you aware that Stevie owns a racehorse in Australia?

Your chit chat blog could be continual. Your own Ledgie diary. You twitter in it whenever you feel like it. You could title it "Danielle's Diary." What do ya think?
OH MY GOD I had no idea. Not only did I have no idea.... but my family owns an Australian race horse, too. HAHAHA I bet our horses have raced against each other.

I think I will do that-- I sure love the concept and hopefully, I'm interesting enough for it to not look like a totally conceited idea! haha
Old 07-26-2009, 03:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Best Rhiannon

Saw it today and it is hands down the best: Largo, MD 1975. (It's actually Landover but the video circulates as Largo).
Old 07-26-2009, 04:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Saw it today and it is hands down the best: Largo, MD 1975. (It's actually Landover but the video circulates as Largo).
Any idea where I can find this?
Old 07-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Any idea where I can find this?
I uploaded a few of the songs on veoh ages ago. I have the full show, too, but I could only transfer it to vhs not dvd if you wanted a copy.

Watch Get Like You Used to Be in Music  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

Watch Rhiannon in Music  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

Watch Why in Entertainment  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

Watch World Turning in Music  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

Watch Station Man in Music  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

Watch Spare Me a Little in Music  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com
Old 07-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting that! I think I've seen it before but it was a long, long time ago. I know a good "Rhiannon" recording when I get chills towards the end and I definitely did there.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for posting that! I think I've seen it before but it was a long, long time ago. I know a good "Rhiannon" recording when I get chills towards the end and I definitely did there.
It was cool to see her perform in something other than a black dress, and still do the Rhiannon twirls.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

you are involved with horses ??

what a small world !!

i have been in the international horse transport industry for past 30 years, have shipped horses for peter wylde on ocassion

most business east coast to/from europe ... are u ever on the east coast ?
Old 07-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
you are involved with horses ??

what a small world !!

i have been in the international horse transport industry for past 30 years, have shipped horses for peter wylde on ocassion

most business east coast to/from europe ... are u ever on the east coast ?
That is AWESOME. I'm back east every once in a while-- typically in Upper NY and Wellington (obviously). Any other big names you've shipped for? I'd bet money that I've ridden a horse that you've shipped-- my trainer (Jan Pearce) brings at least 5 a year from Europe, usually more.