Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
What he said.
What they said.....I agree with you both 100%.......f!@#'ing PISSED!
Old 05-25-2018, 09:02 AM
Junior Ledgie

Recording new music and putting something out before the tour starts is their only shot at possibly changing the narrative for this tour and giving interviewers something else to focus on besides Lindsey's removal, not that he isn't going to cast a shadow over everything they do evermore.

If I were Lindsey, I'd counter by get a full backing band together with a couple of other guitarists, cherry pick the best songs from UTS, GOS, and SWS, work up fleshed out full band arraignments, record them and put that out as a killer new album/best of hybrid and blow FM out of the water.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
You're very likely wrong. I just met someone who is in the Fleetwood Mac inner circle and he told me that the band is planning to record new material very soon. Fingers crossed ...

Just met someone who is in the Fleetwood Mac inner circle? Hmmmm.

I always believed your version of the 'Fake Fleetwood Mac' events.
Now I dont believe a word you say.
Why Did You Do It?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY7f5nxuKts

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-25-2018, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Just met someone who is in the Fleetwood Mac inner circle? Hmmmm.

I always believed your version of the 'Fake Fleetwood Mac' events.
Now I dont believe a word you say.
Why Did You Do It?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY7f5nxuKts
lol right? Sources sources sources!?!?! Wtf is FM inner circle these days anyway? Lol.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-25-2018, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
lol right? Sources sources sources!?!?! Wtf is FM inner circle these days anyway? Lol.
I change the oil on one of the backup singer's maid's car!!!!
Old 05-25-2018, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Inside sources...

Old 05-25-2018, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Exactly...what is the inner circle?
I understood in days gone by it'd be the band, wives, partners, Richard D, Ken C, John C, Curry G, Judy, some of Stevie's entourage etc. Then there's be a handful of close crew, recording engineers and technicians. Having watched various films/clip, reading Ken's book and reading Richards tweets, I got the sense back in the day there was a real close knit community.

Who do you count as inner circle now? The band, Julie McVie, Marcie Weiss, Sharon Finn, several girlfriends/boyfriends of band members (a couple of whom are unknown), band members' kids. Neale Heywood? Steve Thoma? I certainly don't think 'inner circle' exists in the same way it once did.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-25-2018, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Sugar Mouse - I am calling your bluff.
On the "Let me teach you about real reality" thread you questioned repeatedly exactly the facts on Lindsey's firing...we mentioned the day after Musicares video of LB and his BuckVie musicians accounts of what happened that hugely contrast the version/ reason we got from Mick and Stevie but you still didn't choose to believe what is pretty clearly the truth.
Surely this person in the FM inner circle you just met would have told you the facts, care to share this with the group?!!!
Sure. This person told me that Lindsey wanted to delay the tour until the end of 2019 and that Lindsey had become very frustrated with Stevie's unwillingness to record a new album. It sounded like Stevie was frustrated that Lindsey was backing out of the tour and Lindsey was frustrated that Stevie wouldn't record a studio album. Things came to a head at MusiCares and the rest is sad history for the band with Lindsey being fired. There were some other things he mentioned to me, but they're not appropriate to post here. It's always sad when a band with this much incredible history breaks up. As I mentioned before, he told me that we can expect new music from the new lineup possibly before the tour starts in October. My guess is that it will be a new song or EP, but he said that it all depends on how things go in rehearsals and whether quality new songs emerge.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're very likely wrong. I just met someone who is in the Fleetwood Mac inner circle and he told me that the band is planning to record new material very soon. Fingers crossed ...
If this happens, that alleged album will be the one and only FM recording that I refuse to buy.

I maaay be convinced to buy Chris's songs a la carte on iTunes, and if they're good I maaay give Stevie's tracks a shot. But they'll definitely be illegally downloaded copies.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
If this happens, that alleged album will be the one and only FM recording that I refuse to buy.

I maaay be convinced to buy Chris's songs a la carte on iTunes, and if they're good I maaay give Stevie's tracks a shot. But they'll definitely be illegally downloaded copies.
I can relate to that feeling. My favorite band in college was Marillion and it broke my heart when they fired Fish and hired Steve Hogarth as lead singer.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sure. This person told me that Lindsey wanted to delay the tour until the end of 2019 and that Lindsey had become very frustrated with Stevie's unwillingness to record a new album. It sounded like Stevie was frustrated that Lindsey was backing out of the tour and Lindsey was frustrated that Stevie wouldn't record a studio album. Things came to a head at MusiCares and the rest is sad history for the band with Lindsey being fired. There were some other things he mentioned to me, but they're not appropriate to post here. It's always sad when a band with this much incredible history breaks up. As I mentioned before, he told me that we can expect new music from the new lineup possibly before the tour starts in October. My guess is that it will be a new song or EP, but he said that it all depends on how things go in rehearsals and whether quality new songs emerge.
Lindsey was not asking to delay the tour.
Your "source" that most likely doesn't exist is telling you the band's story.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Lindsey was not asking to delay the tour.
Your "source" that most likely doesn't exist is telling you the band's story.
Ok ... I can't say who it is but it's someone that has been working with both Lindsey and the rest of the band for decades. He knows the inner dynamics of what was going on. I'm just posting what he told me.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok ... I can't say who it is but it's someone that has been working with both Lindsey and the rest of the band for decades. He knows the inner dynamics of what was going on. I'm just posting what he told me.
Almost sound like you are talking to Ken Caillait on fb. He is not in inner circle but for years now sounds like he’s desperate to be back in. Maybe he’s hoping to finally be back in their good graces now and produce whatever they try to put together. But he was very clear his info comes through another source and is not first hand. He was given bands official statement to paddle and sell to people.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-25-2018, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course you can't say who it is.
On the other hand people who also have "sources" currently connected to the band and have had them for a while, didn't just suddenly meet them, have said the band lied/manipulated the truth. Others such as Lindsey's guitar maker and a backup band member have also said it wasn't true. Even that one mysterious user here, FM77, who has always had inside knowledge said it's not true. Lindsey's own family, specifically his wife, have heavily insinuated that the band is lying. Take a look at some of Kristen's twitter activity.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The section in bold makes me cry utter BS on the rest of your source's info. There is no reason on earth why Lindsey would ever have asked the band to delay that long. He has never taken such an extensive tour.

Sorry, to be blunt, your source is full of sh!t.