Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Cameras on This Tour

Was just curious if you all knew if they were allowing cameras on this tour. I would love to take some pics for you guys!!!

Thanks Guys,
Ethan
Old 04-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

um seeing all the photos that have been shared so far, my guess would be um yes~
Old 04-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
um seeing all the photos that have been shared so far, my guess would be um yes~
Well us Ledgies always get great pics- that doesn't mean they were allowed!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 02:14 AM
Ledgie

I would also like to know this. At the shows so far, have cameras been allowed?

And if not, was there any trouble from security for those who were snapping photos during the show?
Old 04-15-2009, 06:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cameras where allowed at the 2 Chicago shows. I only got in trouble for taking video footage. Good luck with the pics, Ethan ~ can't wait to see them!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

yep surprisingly pictures were allowed in Detroit too

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted_Song View Post
Cameras where allowed at the 2 Chicago shows. I only got in trouble for taking video footage. Good luck with the pics, Ethan ~ can't wait to see them!!!
And I didn't have any problem at all shooting video, and it was obvious I was doing so. You must have had a mean security guard by you Alicia! Anyway, judging by what I've read so far from ledgies various concert going experiences, try not to use a flash. It really pisses Stevie off. Find the sports or action setting on your digital and you should be good to go.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If we don't use a flash, will the pics still turn out alright??? (with a sports or action setting)?
Old 04-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
If we don't use a flash, will the pics still turn out alright??? (with a sports or action setting)?
Oh yeah. I went to the Eagles concert here in Knoxville back in January and I was taking pictures through the first half of the concert with the flash on. during intermission the security guard starts walking over and of course I'm thinking, "Oh ****! He's going to take my camera." Then he says,"You know, if you turn the flash off you can actually get a clearer picture." So I turned the flash off and it worked just like he said it would.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Before you go you should play around with that setting on your camera and get comfortable with it. Basically it takes a whole series of shots while you hold down the shutter button. Some turn out great, others are blurry. Also try to take shots when there is a lot of light on stage. Darker shots can also be lightened up when you get home with Picassa, Photoshop, etc. Good luck!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Was just curious if you all knew if they were allowing cameras on this tour. I would love to take some pics for you guys!!!
Many venues have their rules posted at the door as you go into the venue and sometimes rules about cameras are printed on your ticket. Just a bit of advice, since this is your first show up close--don't get so hung up on taking pictures that you essentially miss the show. It happens. Enjoy the big picture with your eyes and ears. Have a great time!
Old 04-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Thanks Guys,
Ethan
You've commented on some pics people have posted here from this tour. Did you not see them? Did you not realize they were from this tour? Did you think all those close-ups from the front row with band members looking in the direction of the camera were all done in secret?
Old 04-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
You've commented on some pics people have posted here from this tour. Did you not see them? Did you not realize they were from this tour? Did you think all those close-ups from the front row with band members looking in the direction of the camera were all done in secret?
Hey now- we've been getting great pics for years while the have been prohibited, so there was reason to ask.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Post In Philly

It always says on the ticket, at least all the ones that I ever seen, "no cameras or recording devices allowed". I had my little pocketbook with me which security looked in, but my little digital camera was in my inside coat pocket. And I'm always nervous going in the venue with it. But just about everyone has a cell phone with a camera on it (me too, but mine is crappy; that's why I bring my camera instead). And whether or not they try & stop you from taking pictures is entirely up to the venue's security. I can tell you from some bad experiences, some venue's security can really be a-holes. (Yeah, I'm talking about you, Rams Head in Baltimore.) It always amazes me though how some people can get recording equipment in to record the whole show.

Lee
Old 04-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey now- we've been getting great pics for years while the have been prohibited, so there was reason to ask.
Not really - if people can still get pics even though cameras are supposedly not allowed, then it's obviously possible. It's not like they're going to arrest you, they'll just tell you to put the camera away.