Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Article re: DC show in 4/2/09 Rolling Stone

A nice, one page article on page 18 w/photos from the show (JM not pictured, which sucks). It mentions Stevie in her dressing room with Sulamith and Sara, drinking Folgers coffee and listening to 'Bootylicious' on her boom box..........

(I want to comment on that last bit, but I'll let you..........)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
Any info. on what the article actually says?
Sorry, I am not a good enough typist to duplicate the entire article (as some of you are). I mentioned Stevie and her boom box because it is a highlight of the article, not just so we could poke fun at those darned eight "D" batteries!

It talks briefly about each of them backstage before the show. LB, JM and MF hang out in a suite of rooms labeled "Men of Mac". Mick decides what he's going to wear, hangs out with his kids, and does pre-show stretching. Lindsey noodles on his guitar and picks at grilled chicken. Mick says, "Back in the day, I would be wheeled in here on a gurney most afternoons and massaged back to life. Then I'd somehow start it all over again and drink my way into oblivion halfway through the show." He also says the band used to play their songs faster due to all the 'marching powder'. Lindsey mentions the tension of the SYW Tour. Stevie says, "We don't have anything to fight about this time, which gives us the opportunity to just go up there and perform these songs we love. It's really kind of joyful." LB says they have learned to give each other space between shows. He says, "This is still based in a situation where there were two couples that had broken up. But we do talk to each other--we're not the Eagles." Stevie: "The crowd loves the love story of Stevie and Lindsey. We get to have that onstage--we don't have to go home together to have the love story." JM is miffed with Mick after the show because Mick forgot to introduce him!

Last edited by EveryHour; 03-18-2009 at 12:31 PM..
Old 03-17-2009, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryHour View Post
A nice, one page article on page 18 w/photos from the show (JM not pictured, which sucks). It mentions Stevie in her dressing room with Sulamith and Sara, drinking Folgers coffee and listening to 'Bootylicious' on her boom box..........

(I want to comment on that last bit, but I'll let you..........)
oh my i dont know whats funnier stevie drinking folgers coffee or listening to bootylicious on her boom box. ha i bet shes got one of those big boomboxes from the 80's with the double tape player in it, HA HA!!
Old 03-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
oh my i dont know whats funnier stevie drinking folgers coffee or listening to bootylicious on her boom box. ha i bet shes got one of those big boomboxes from the 80's with the double tape player in it, HA HA!!
Yeah, and it's hoisted on her shoulder as she's bopping her head to the "jam".

-Matt
Old 03-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyveris View Post

-Matt
oh you know it, that was the only way to carry one of those damm things since they were so heavy, LOL! what was more annoying was that those boom boxes took like 8-D batteries and i swear they didnt last longer than a few hours if you were playing a tape, HA!!
Old 03-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 03-17-2009, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie in her dressing room drinking Folgers coffee and listening to 'Bootylicious' on her boom box.....
So this is where she gets her inspiration to write new songs?
Oh Stevie...couldn't it at least be Adele or Duffy you're listening to?

(you made that easy EveryHour)
Old 03-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
oh you know it, that was the only way to carry one of those damm things since they were so heavy, LOL! what was more annoying was that those boom boxes took like 8-D batteries and i swear they didnt last longer than a few hours if you were playing a tape, HA!!
we have one of those
but if u put all the batteries in, it weighs a tonne
WHO would carry that :S
instead it's plugged into the wall and the cats have chewed the cord so every now and then the sound cuts out and when u hit it to get it back, u get an electric buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyveris View Post

-Matt

in her leotard and fluro pink leg warmers
Old 03-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
we have one of those
instead it's plugged into the wall and the cats have chewed the cord so every now and then the sound cuts out and when u hit it to get it back, u get an electric buzz

yeah i hear ya as soon as you put those batteries in one of those they do get really freaking heavy. that is hysterical about the cats chewing the cord. my parents cat used to chew the cords for the tv and my nintendo bacak in the day. i used to get so pissed until they came out with wireless remotes, LOL!

now seeing stevie in a leotard with pink leg warmers would be interesting to say the least. as much as i love stevie she is pretty close to the age of my mom and unfortunately i have seen her in those types of outfits. i love my mom but lets just say she should have retired those years ago, HA!!

Last edited by kak125; 03-18-2009 at 09:25 AM..
Old 03-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
we have one of those

Old 03-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

OMG - that's too funny! I can just picture that! My son's Chinchilla chewed thru his chord to his music system, oy - he wasn't a happy camper when he found it!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
I have added more detail to my original post. ^^^^^^^^^
Old 03-19-2009, 06:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie: "The crowd loves the love story of Stevie and Lindsey. We get to have that onstage--we don't have to go home together to have the love story."

stevie needs to stop providing us with such imagery and comments like this

sure, they can have a love story on the road
Old 03-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just got the magazine today. Here's the last part of it.

Minutes before showtime, the band gathers in the hallway backstage. Fleetwood, who has chosen a schoolboy-meets-Phantom of the Opera ensemble complete with knickers, tights and a black cloak, flattens his palms against the wall for a series of stretching exercises as McVie struts around nearby with his bass strapped on. Finally, Buckingham and Nicks stroll out of their dressing rooms and nod at each other in greeting.

FM comes alive when they hit the stage before a near-capacity crowd of 14,000. They open with muscular versions of "MM" and "The Chain," and, led by Buckingham, continually raise the energy level throughout the two-hour-plus show. Buckingham's mesmerizing, atypical playing -- sometimes fingerpicking, often deftly flicking the strings with the backs of his fingers -- is so intense on "Oh Well" and "ISA" that Guitar Hero: FM suddenly seems like a good idea.

Nicks pulls out a different accessory (tambourine, ribbons, scarves, a top hat) for each song and pumps up the passion on "GDW" and "Storms." Fleetwood often pouts out his polyrhythms with his eyes closed, occasionally shrieking, "Are you ready for some hanky-panky?" Lost amid his colorful bandmates, McVie is such a quiet presence that Fleetwood actually forgets to introduce him along with the rest of the band ("I've only known him for 50 years, for Christ's sake," McVie later gripes backstage).

The 23-song set includes 8 tracks from the Mac's 30-million-selling Rumours and otherwise draws heavily from 1975's FM and 1979's Tusk. Some of the biggest ovations come when Buckingham and Nicks play on their rocky history. During "Sara" when Nicks saunters over, sings in Buckingham's mike and dramatically drapes a hand on his shoulder, the crowd erupts. Later, riding to the airport with her assistant and her dogs, Nicks says, "The crowd loves the love story of Stevie and Lindsey. We get to have that onstage - we don't have to go home together to have the love story."
Old 03-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, in the article, there's a picture of a half eaten cake that the crew consumed that said FM Unleashed 2009 World Tour.

Michele
Old 03-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Whos on the cover of Rollingstone for this issue?