Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This is my 100 time but...

...does ANYONE KNOW IF FLEETWOOD MAC WILL DO A EUROPEAN TOUR????
It doesn't seems so when you look at all these threads with the tour dates...everyone is saying that they'll only do U.S and that they already have 45 dates and ...
I wanna know now! And if they'll do a tour here in Europe, when does the new dates for those concerts come????
My wondering now, is the Fleetwood Mac tour dates done now? And are we fans in Europe never going to see them live anymore?
Whats your thought?

Have a nice day!
/Belladonna93

Old 01-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm wondering too, but I think nobody knows for sure right now but it's very likely they'll come to Europe probably in the fall?

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 01-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Calm down. I know how frustrating this uncertainty must be.
Didn't Mick announce in some interview they would at least play in Britain? ... and if they come here I don't think they will before fall or even next spring.

Fleetwood Mac - Glendale, Arizona - 5/24/09 ♥
Fleetwood Mac - Oberhausen, Germany - 10/12/09 ♥
Old 01-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGirl15 View Post
Calm down. I know how frustrating this uncertainty must be.
Didn't Mick announce in some interview they would at least play in Britain? ... and if they come here I don't think they will before fall or even next spring.
Haha, I know! Calm Down, Hanna...But this IS frustrating, hehe! I really want to see them, you know?

Old 01-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDonna93 View Post
Haha, I know! Calm Down, Hanna...But this IS frustrating, hehe! I really want to see them, you know?
Yes, I know exactly how you feel. If I didn't have the chance to see them in America - probably going to Glendale or maybe Dallas - I would be going crazy here myself. Of course if they decide to drag themselves over here, I would go and see them again, even if it were the same setlist.

Fleetwood Mac - Glendale, Arizona - 5/24/09 ♥
Fleetwood Mac - Oberhausen, Germany - 10/12/09 ♥
Old 01-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What I'm sure is that they won't go to South America . I guess Fleetwood Mac is not that popular in this side of the planet. I know it was, during the 70s and early 80s, but not today. Sad, because South America (Argentina, Chile, Brasil, and recently Peru) has been a good market for stars like Queen, Police, Elton, Bee Gees, Rolling Stones, Madonna, Roger Waters, and recently Kylie Minogue, Avrile Lavigne, Backstreet Boys, Phil Collins, Cyndi Lauper, the ("new") Doors, Soul Asylum, Roger Hodgson, etc.

In 2007 I paid less than $200 for a 5th road in the Roger Waters concert, in Lima, actually the best concert I haver ever seen, better than the 1997 Fleetwood Mac concert, I have to admit, in terms of quality of production, sound, lights, even songs (though this is subjective), etc. That's why now I find absurd paying $700 for a "vip package" in the Unleashed tour.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Sad, because South America (Argentina, Chile, Brasil, and recently Peru) has been a good market for stars like Queen, Police, Elton, Bee Gees, Rolling Stones, Madonna, Roger Waters, and recently Kylie Minogue, Avrile Lavigne, Backstreet Boys, Phil Collins, Cyndi Lauper, the ("new") Doors, Soul Asylum, Roger Hodgson, etc.
I have always found it amazing that Kylie Minogue, who has a decent following in the States, has never really toured the U.S., even though she has toured everywhere else extensively. I think she could easily pack places like Madison Square Garden, Jones Beach, etc.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
What I'm sure is that they won't go to South America . I guess Fleetwood Mac is not that popular in this side of the planet. I know it was, during the 70s and early 80s, but not today. Sad, because South America (Argentina, Chile, Brasil, and recently Peru) has been a good market for stars like Queen, Police, Elton, Bee Gees, Rolling Stones, Madonna, Roger Waters, and recently Kylie Minogue, Avrile Lavigne, Backstreet Boys, Phil Collins, Cyndi Lauper, the ("new") Doors, Soul Asylum, Roger Hodgson, etc.

In 2007 I paid less than $200 for a 5th road in the Roger Waters concert, in Lima, actually the best concert I haver ever seen, better than the 1997 Fleetwood Mac concert, I have to admit, in terms of quality of production, sound, lights, even songs (though this is subjective), etc. That's why now I find absurd paying $700 for a "vip package" in the Unleashed tour.
Rush came to Brazil and the fans went absolutely crazy....
Old 01-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You can't be certain they'll do Europe -- but you can be certain that if anything is announced, the Ledge will be the first with the news.

Hang in there!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had a very vivid dream last night about fleetwood mac.
I was up on a balcony looking down to them and they were accepting questions. I put my hand up and Lindsey said "Yes Paul, whats your question" I was all chuffed he knew my name but at the same time not suprised. anyway I asked were they coming to Europe and both Stevie and Lindsey said no they didnt think so.
Other things happened but are not really relavent in this thread.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why oh Why cant we just get confirmation one way or the other. Im tired of seeing all those ticket touts on ebay selling tickets for thousands of dollars just to make a profit.
If anyone hears any news let us know, please
Old 01-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I have always found it amazing that Kylie Minogue, who has a decent following in the States, has never really toured the U.S., even though she has toured everywhere else extensively. I think she could easily pack places like Madison Square Garden, Jones Beach, etc.
Just be thankful she hasn't. We've been trying to get rid of her for years but she just won't go.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "Comfortably Numb"

Some of the UK Superstars just don't feel the need to come on over to this side of the pond.

Guess they are happy being successful at home, no need travel.

Also, based on the failure of some previous Groups/Individuals tours, they probably do not want to take the chance, &, tarnish an otherwise great career.

g....
Old 01-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeof27 View Post
Some of the UK Superstars just don't feel the need to come on over to this side of the pond.

Guess they are happy being successful at home, no need travel.

Also, based on the failure of some previous Groups/Individuals tours, they probably do not want to take the chance, &, tarnish an otherwise great career.

g....

May I remind you that half of the line up are from the UK, well the rumours line up would suggest actually 60 / 40 in favour of the UK. And the band originated from the England. So yeah they should come to this side of the pond.
Fleetwood Mac never fail to deliver in Europe, they wouldnt be tarnishing anything this time round eithe.....if they visited.

Okay, YES they are coming to the UK and Ireland ......Not!!!!........Said the Liar......... Not.. Only Joking.... .......................Not !!!!!!!!

Last edited by Madness Fades; 01-23-2009 at 08:09 PM..
Old 01-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Kylie M...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
May I remind you that half of the line up are from the UK, well the rumours line up would suggest actually 60 / 40 in favour of the UK. And the band originated from the England. So yeah they should come to this side of the pond.
Fleetwood Mac never fail to deliver in Europe, they wouldnt be tarnishing anything this time round eithe.....if they visited.

Okay, YES they are coming to the UK and Ireland ......Not!!!!........Said the Liar......... Not.. Only Joking.... .......................Not !!!!!!!!
sorry,

but my post was actually a reply to a post about Kylie M not touring the States,

not about FM touring over there.....

no comments were applicable to FM...

g....