Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Atlanta ROCKED!!!

Well, I just got back from the Atlanta show and it totally just rocked! Everyone was SO into it- and after the show the number one thing I heard people yell was LINDSEY WAS AMAZING!!! He really was incredible, he still has so much energy after all these years- I'm So Afraid and Come were GREAT- the live Come is better than the album version IMO because the chorus isn't all weird. Stevie was also great tonight- GDW was awesome and she did let put a little scream, though you could barely hear it. The end of Rhiannon was kind of wierd- im not sure what exactly it was....BEAUTIFUL CHILD- WOW!!! She sounded so incredible on this one, and the harmonies with Lindsey were euphoric!

Me and my mom got the meet Jason (strandinthewind) and Sharon (Sulamith) albeit for a short time- I really wish we could have spend more time with them. They are both AWESOME people- my mom thinks Jason is just wonderful, and I really enjoyed talking with Sharon for awhile. Isn't it awesome how you can meet up with fellow mac fans-that you've never meet before- and you know, there's not really anything "weird" about it. More thoughts on the concert later...and I can't wait to hear what Sharon and Jason and anyone else that was there have to say about it....I hope everyone got home safe. I think my mom and I are going to watch a FM video--the Mac adreneline (sp?) just won't go away!!!

adam
Old 06-03-2003, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Sounds like ya...

had a great time tonite...Can't wait til July 1st myself,

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 06-03-2003, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation YESSSSSSS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by stevierocks87
Everyone was SO into it- and after the show the number one thing I heard people yell was LINDSEY WAS AMAZING!!!
People are FINALLY seeing the LIGHT!!!!!

SOOOOO glad you had a great time at the concert...mine is a month away...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2003, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I tired, wild eyed, and hungover like a rat. I will do a full review later. But let me just say Sulamith and I totally hung out with the ENTIRE band (sans Stevie and Sharon) after the show at the bar at the Four Seasons Hotel in Atlanta (TGEE - I was so thinking of you!!!!!!!!). LB is just the nicest guy; we chatted for like 10 minutes.

I PROMISE I will post in detail later - but I need to sleep this bad boy off!!!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-04-2003, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I am ready to get back in the VW Beetle and head home for Savannah, and since I'm not on my own computer, I can't post a full review right now, but I will this eveing when I get home...

I just can't leave without teasing you guys a bit, hee hee!

Let me just say that strandinthewind is silver-tongued devil! Luv ya, babe!

As if the show wasn't awesome enough! Stevie "got up on it" as strandie kept saying, she totally did the whole speaking in tongues thing during GDW, she shook her booty, smiled alot, and hung back just enough so Lindsey could be the star of the show,

And yes, we went to the bar at the Four Seasons afterwards, and just walked in like owned the place, haha, and before you know it -

In walked Mick Fleetwood.... I talked to him briefly, we talked about Red Rover and setlists - he smells awesome, just like Stevie says.

In walked Brett Tuggle - charming man, had a nice conversation with him. I asked him if it was drag talking to all these people, and he said, "No, not at all. We enjoy it. If we didn't want to do it, we wouldn't come in here." I was so worried about looking like a dork, and he really set me fears to rest. Besides, there were a few other people in there acting way more dorky than me!

Talked to Mindy - very sweet!

Then in walks Mr. Buckingham - Ah........ what a guy! I finally got a good look at that necklace and leather coat! (I touched it!)

No Stevie, they said she was resting upstairs, and yes, they were all in the same hotel.

I feel like I have been in a dream!

I'll post a full-on review later! I'm too euphoric right now!

-Sharon
Old 06-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I tired, wild eyed, and hungover like a rat. I will do a full review later. But let me just say Sulamith and I totally hung out with the ENTIRE band (sans Stevie and Sharon) after the show at the bar at the Four Seasons Hotel in Atlanta (TGEE - I was so thinking of you!!!!!!!!). LB is just the nicest guy; we chatted for like 10 minutes.

I PROMISE I will post in detail later - but I need to sleep this bad boy off!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like so much fun. More details, PLEASE!
Old 06-04-2003, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If anyone hears of a video or dvd for this show for sale, please please pm me...I want this so so so bad...
Old 06-04-2003, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

NICE! Lucky you guys!

Share more when you all wake up!

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 06-04-2003, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
Well I am ready to get back in the VW Beetle and head home for Savannah, and since I'm not on my own computer, I can't post a full review right now, but I will this eveing when I get home...

I just can't leave without teasing you guys a bit, hee hee!

Let me just say that strandinthewind is silver-tongued devil! Luv ya, babe!

As if the show wasn't awesome enough! Stevie "got up on it" as strandie kept saying, she totally did the whole speaking in tongues thing during GDW, she shook her booty, smiled alot, and hung back just enough so Lindsey could be the star of the show,

And yes, we went to the bar at the Four Seasons afterwards, and just walked in like owned the place, haha, and before you know it -

In walked Mick Fleetwood.... I talked to him briefly, we talked about Red Rover and setlists - he smells awesome, just like Stevie says.

In walked Brett Tuggle - charming man, had a nice conversation with him. I asked him if it was drag talking to all these people, and he said, "No, not at all. We enjoy it. If we didn't want to do it, we wouldn't come in here." I was so worried about looking like a dork, and he really set me fears to rest. Besides, there were a few other people in there acting way more dorky than me!

Talked to Mindy - very sweet!

Then in walks Mr. Buckingham - Ah........ what a guy! I finally got a good look at that necklace and leather coat! (I touched it!)

No Stevie, they said she was resting upstairs, and yes, they were all in the same hotel.

I feel like I have been in a dream!

I'll post a full-on review later! I'm too euphoric right now!

-Sharon
AHH!!! SHARON!!! SEE! I knew good things were headed your way!!! I'm tres happy that you and Jason got to chill with our man~~ *Sigh* and talk to everyone! Yes, you best fill me and everyone else in on your night. YAY FOR SHARON AND JASON!!!
Old 06-04-2003, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well - I never thought I could top my Nashville experience. But then last night just fell so greatly into place!!!! I swear sometimes I feel like "there is magic all around [me] if I do say so myself"

FIRST PART - THE PRECONCERT

I hooked up with Sulamith at around 4:00. She is just a great person; I truly enjoyed sharing the "FM Atlanta experience" with her. We went for margaritas. I had five, she had one! Then we walked around in the parking lots around the arena in an attempt to check out the limos, etc. We got real close, but they had a bunch of security, etc. So, we admired for awhile and then went off to the concert!!!!! It was so funny, I was like "I know we just met and I am taking you into a desolate parking garage - but trust me really"

THE CONCERT GOING ON'S (SONG REVIEW IS BELOW THIS)

Our seats were just great. On the way to them, we met StevieRocks87 (Adam) and his mother; we were kind of supposed to hook up with them earlier, but they went someplace different than Sharon/Sulamith and myself for dinner. They are both really great people and I truly enjoyed meeting them. Then Sulamith and I went a few rows down further than them to our seats in rows H and J of section 117. We actually would up being able to sit next to each other which was great. Then, I got two pretzels and a beer and we were ready to rock and roll. Sulamith put the pretzels in her purse and I am sure there is still salt in it from the pretzels LOL Actually, hours later after the concert at the bar at the Four Seasons, Sulamith pulled out her uneaten pretzel and put it on the table. I was like, did we order that?

THE CONCERT ITSELF (probably not in actual order and my recollection after margaritas )

The Chain - great

Dreams - She is just so adorable when she sings this and her voice was dead on.

Eyes of the World - again, they looked like they were having a party on stage.

Peacekeeper - Good, but a snoozer in my opinion

Gypsy - she nailed this one in the LA LA LA la la la (may once maybe twice). Sadly, no spins at the end.

Second Hand News - Great - esp. the Stevie bam bam bams

Say You Will - they faced each other during this and during the a capella part at the LB had his hand on his heart while facing Stevie. I was very moving.

Rhiannon - Well, despite what that a#%hole reviewer in the Atlanta Journal Constitution said (see my e-mail to him below), La Nicks was "on it" in this song. The ending was borderline bombastic a la 1979. She even dragged the mic stand back. you go Stevie!!!

Never Going Back Again - just beautiful, esp. LB's playing

Come - Cigarette break! - Hey I had to chose one song and this was it!!!!! Stevie again, touched LB's arm and seemingly whispered something to him as she walked off of the stage. like she did in Nashville.

Landslide - stunning but no finger flashing 55 thing. There was a hug and I think a kiss on SN's forehead. I could be wrong though as I was just amazed and transfixed by the crowd's huge reaction to the song. The singing was deafening as was the applause at the end.

Big Love - Unbelievable.

Say Goodbye - great song. LB is the king on this one as well. Also, in the harmony parts, Stevie looked at LB from the side giving a profile of her with her hair covering part of her face sort of like she did during the "Never get away, never get away, NEVER get away" part of Silver Springs in The Dance concert. The effect was stunning. Also, I swear LB had tears after the song. It was very, very emotional.

What's the World Coming - really good

Beautiful Child - Just Beautiful

Gold Dust Woman - show-stopper. Again, those blood red nails against that gold shawl esp during the spider fingers part - YIPES!!!! Also, she let loose with the "go hooooooooooooome" part. It was great.

ISA - like it and love LB on it.

Silver Springs - Stevie was very into this song, esp. at the end.

Tusk - Like a shark, LB swam the waters of the stage and sort of head butted SN after John. I thought they looked like they were have a blast.

Stand Back - Again, one of Stevie's best live moments this tour. My seat allowed a great view of the 15 and mean 15 or so twirls at the beginning of this song. No high kick, but great none the less.

Go Your Own Way - great - I think this was the song where I said - "bras, panties, lions, tigers, and bears OH MY!!!" My man LB got down on the speakers and let the front row fans maul him and his guitar for this. I thought I would die on the spot. Wondergirl/Christy where were you!!!!! LOL

World Turning - Poor Mick and that is all I am saying. Stevie on the other hand tore this song up as did LB. If you are on the front row on LB's side, he basically sits four feet in front of you during Mick's shtick

Don't Stop - Stevie is so great in CM's part. When she sang it he grabbed the microphone with one hand and walked fast in place and slung her head and hair about. Stevie also did that jamming on the tambourine hair in her face shaking her head thing. Stevie also interacted with Brett Tuggle and John M. during this. She seemed really "on."

Goodbye Baby - perfection

AFTER THE CONCERT

Well, I just knew they were staying at the Four Seasons as Stevie lived there in 1999 for at least six months while working with Dallas Austin on some TISL songs. So, I was like Sharon, we have to go and off we went with two other friends of mine. Sure enough no sooner had we ordered the shrimp tempura appetizers (amongst best you will ever have I assure you) and after I tried to teach Sharon to use chopsticks ( LOL ) - did I say OK - I am going to look and see if they are here. Well, no sooner did I get to the front of the bar, when two feet from me was Mick. So, I turned around and barked (sorry Sharon LOL ) "Sharon get over here NOW." We chatted with Mick for just a second. Sharon asked him a question about Red Rover. I asked him if I could buy him a brandy or something else. He declined - but I had to make the effort. We also discussed the show that night as well as the upcoming AHI benefit, where I told him I had met him before. I must say, he was much nicer last night than when I met him then.

Then, after a little while LB himself walked into the bar and I heard an audible gasp from the other patrons who, by the way, had the same bright idea as us as they had all apparently been to the concert as well. I made a beeline to LB. His security guy said nothing to me so I just figured it was okay. Also, I had sent them a round of drinks and chatted with the HUGE security guy before LB came in - so maybe that was why. Anyway, LB and I talked for at least ten minutes. We discussed Say Goodbye and how great it was in concert. He asked if the fans reacted well to the new stuff. I told him I loved it as did all of my friends ON THE LEDGE!!!!!!! Yes, I did mention us to him - he made no comment but I thought I saw a little smile - so who knows. We also talked about Stevie's parents as I told him I am thinking about going to the AHI benefit this year, etc. He said they are such great people, etc. I must say he was genuinely nice and appeared appreciative of the attention and interested in my comments as a fan. He also laughed about the bra/panty thing at the concert.

Then I talked with Neale Haywood (sp?) for awhile. What a great and proper British guy. He was just awesome. We talked about the show (he plays a 12 string during Don't Stop and a few other songs - he has like five or six guitars in his guitar rack on stage). We also talked about the sad state of American beer as compared to European beer (he was drinking a dark ale). I explained to him, being the lush that I am, that a can of American beer from the same manufacturer can taste wildly different from state to state as the each state regulates the alcoholic content which effects the taste. I was like "I am discussing beer with Neale Haywood!" How cool was that?

Then Sharon and I chatted with Bret Tuggle - who was just great as well. He introduced us to Mindy Stein who probably six feet tall and just beautiful from what I saw both inside and out. I assured them they were loved by fans and that they really added to the show. We also discussed the concert reviews in the papers. They were like we really do not get a chance to see them as they are always on the go. They also asked our impressions of the concert. I was like "bring back Sara!" Brett laughed and said he would love to do it as he is the "Christine" on this tour LOL - Mindy told me she sings the higher harmony but they trade often, etc. She also told me it was great to work with Sharon because Sharon and Stevie are so used to working together etc.

Again and finally - I swear I feel "there is magic all around [me], if I do say so myself!"

My e-mail to the Atlanta Journal Constitution concert reviewer that blasted Stevie as boring
_________
Where you asleep during this concert?

I was there and Stevie Nicks was anything but boring. In fact, could you not tell from the vibrant reaction of the crowd to her during Gold Dust Woman, Rhiannon, and Stand Back.

Last edited by strandinthewind; 06-04-2003 at 03:04 PM..
Old 06-04-2003, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Whew! I'm back on the coast, and after driving for three and a half hours, I think I have my thoughts together enough to sound halfway intelligent, here, lol!

Jason gave such a great review, and I just want to add a few things:

In no particular order, just what I can recall:

During Dreams, there was a pretty obvious nod from LB to Stevie on the second "women they will come and they will go". He sort of bowed his head to her in recognition of that....sweet!

GDW - She didn't dance too much, but she did the speaking in tongues thing on the growl part.

Stand Back - She spun and spun, LB sang with her, but not into the mic, just sang as if for his own pleasure. We thought this one was the show stealer until:

GYOW - LB really took the opportunity to "get up on it" himself in this song! He "got up" literally, on the speaker at the corner of the stage, got down with the audience on stage left and right, and played his guts out! It was great!

SG - He did have tears in his eyes afterwards, you guys. It was very touching. Stevie had a very sweet expression on her face while they were singing it.

Landslide - This was actually very funny to me, because at the end, Stevie really milked it for all it was worth. She drug out the "well maybe" and made LB wait, he thought she was going to start sining again, and she didn't, and they looked at each other and laughed. Stevie was like, "gotcha!" and LB swatted his hand at her as if to say, "Stop it, now!" in a playful way. It was a nice change from the scripted ending from the last few shows, you know since Atlantic City. It was a funny, unguarded moment.

GB - At the end of it, Stevie sort of let her upper body go limp, and she slumped over. It was moving and sad.

Just other random stuff, somebody threw a big ugly white bra on the stage and it hung on Lindsey's mike stand. During the drum solo, Mick fondled it as if there was a breast in it. Lindsey later signed it and threw it back. There was also a blue thong thrown on the stage that Lindsey picked up and walked off the stage at the very end with it, twirling it around his finger.

Now, at the Four Seasons, I asked Mick why they weren't doing Red Rover, and he said because "that start-stop thing that Lindsey does is very hard to duplicate live." He also said, in response to my stating my dismay over the loss of DR and RTTG, that there were about 10-12 songs that didn't make the final cut. He also said that fans don't know the new songs and that they are trying to give the record a bit more time to catch on, and that possibly for the last leg of the Tour the set list may once again be revised. I told him, in my sweetest Southern lady demeanor, "Well now, people can't learn the songs if you don't play them, can they?" He said I had a good point, but that the original list had to be pared down. I smiled sweetly and thanked him for talking to us.

Brett Tuggle was so gracious and open, that I hate to divulge alot of what we talked about. He was so nice, and so generous with some inside info that I would feel like I had betrayed his trust if I told all of that, but suffice it to say he was just a sweetheart. If you ever get the chance to talk to him, you should.

As far as Lindsey goes, when he came in, he scanned the room and caught my eye. I waved to him and he waved back and said "Hi!", about 15 feet away from me. I so wanted to talk to him for just a minute, but there were these two big, burly, shaved-headed bodyguards you had to get past. For some reason, I guess I had a big mark on my forehead, because twice they blocked me. Jason told me he was going to kick my ass all the way back to Savannah if I didn't grow a pair of balls and go right up to Lindsey and interrupt. GOD that is SO hard for me! I was raised NEVER to be rude like that, so I waited, and I plotted. Finally, after faking going to the bathroom, Jason and I came back in, and I went right up to Lindsey, touched his arm, and said, "Lindsey," he turned and acknowledged me, and I think he was going to talk to me, but big, burly, bald guy put his arm in between us and said, "Not right now." So I retreated back to Brett Tuggle, talked to him a bit longer, and wouldn't you know it? As soon as I left Brett, Lindsey came up to him and they started talking! Pooh! Then Lindsey got pounced upon by somebody else, but he did look over at me, waved again, I waved back, and then he left just a minute or two later. Oh, well I didn't get to speak to him, but GEEZ, how awesome was the whole thing? Bodaciously awesome!

Thanks, Jason!

-Sharon
Old 06-04-2003, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
Jason told me he was going to kick my ass all the way back to Savannah if I didn't grow a pair of balls and go right up to Lindsey and interrupt.

You are welcome!

Old 06-04-2003, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds like all of you had a fantastic time, thanks for the detailed reviews.

Jason, I wish you would have dragged Tracy kicking and screaming all the way to the hotel. Did you try to threaten her? LOL You left during Come? I hope you got to hear it during your last show.

Sharon, you must have been in heaven being up close to Lindsey Hopefully you'll know how to handle those burly guys the next time you have the chance.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds like you guys had a FABULOUS time! I am so envious you got to hang out with the band. How cool! Thanks for all the details and such as it made me feel like I was there with you.
Anyone perhaps get pics with the band?

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-04-2003, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tamaraluvsFM
Anyone perhaps get pics with the band?
Sadly, no pics. They said they were not doing any pics.

One of my friends at my table did get Mick and LB to sign his ticket stub. I thought that was nice of them.

Also, security was very, very much tighter around them toward the end of the evening (we closed the place down Fortunately, I got the opportunity to speak to them before it got really tight. I think the security people became a little concerned as there were so many fans there, etc., and they all wanted to talk to them. So, I consider myself very, very lucky and am very thankful and appreciative to them for taking time out for me.