The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2003, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Cosar, what happened to your thread?

Anybody know what happened to the thread started by Cosar?
Old 06-02-2003, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry guys...I gotta come clean. I know I said I wasn't going there...but I did just go to Mick's board. I had to see if I could find out why Cosar's thread is gone, and also see who's saying Pip and Louise are lying about the JT email. Not many are jumping up to agree or disagree with the poster, so I feel nobody really believes it. Whether they say it or not, people know which party has a reason to lie. Louise has no reason to lie. As far as what happened to the thread started here about fans getting along...I didn't see anything about it there.

I also read the concerns threads, and this is the last thing I'm posting on the subject of fans getting along. Now that the original thread has disappeared, I wonder what's up with fans wanting to come here and start issues so they can complain and have them deleted later? I feel foolish now for saying this board doesn't censor people. Anybody know why it's gone?

After checking a few posts at Mick's I see fans ARE still trying to get answers there. The threads are going nowhere, but bravo to those guys for trying. I think there are some sincere people still there...why?...anyway, for whatever reason...some have made me think they may be right about one thing...complaining about the fan club may never result in any significant changes. It's a tough pill to swallow, but it's more likely than not. I don't mind saying they're probably right.

Guess what? One other thing is probably true as well. If any significant changes take place regarding the fan club, nobody there will ever thank the fans who kept the issue alive. Nobody will admit any of the "negativity had anything to do with it. Just like nobody said anything about the loud complaints bringing down the original price of the fan club. A lot of people told the complainers to keep quiet and be glad to pay whatever. I'm ok with it and even if nothing ever changes...I'm still going to speak out , maybe not as often, but whenever it's necessary.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:54 PM
Junior Ledgie

Glitter,

I don’t want you or anyone else here to think this board censors people. To paraphrase the opening of a song I know you’re familiar with, “I took my thread, I took it down.” It was causing too much heartache, for me and, it seemed, for everyone else. It was making me too sad.

I have noticed in the short time I’ve been here that a lot of people just avoid the contentious threads and only post in the ones that deal with Fleetwood Mac’s music, concerts, etc. I think I’ve learned my lesson, and I plan to follow their lead.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can see removing your own posts...but deleting the thread? Aren't you being the censor now? It's seems like a waste of time posting to anything if the one who starts the thread can delete everyone else's posts.

Well, if it makes you feel better...whatever. I used to think you were above such things, but it seems Cour was right on target in her assessment...which is gone now.

Old 06-03-2003, 12:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm not really sure (though I have seen) what happened in terms of the lying bit. The whole thread was really supposed to be more of a list...okay, so this is a concern, as is this.

However, the thread wasn't set up for opinions. We were concerned with how money was spent--there really was no need to begin accusing the Admins right away but someone jumped in and began defending them, and then I think...yeah, someone new jumped in just to say they were new which kind of screwed it up a little.

Just to be fair, I think that's the reason you may not see defense on Pip & Louise's part. It's not that there isn't one (and I really don't understand why it was brought up in the first place) but that it will start a nice debate/argument between fans and you know...that's just a waste of time, and will destroy the thread.
& the voice of a choir
& a melody...
nothing else mattered
Old 06-03-2003, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

hey cosar, let me get this straight, did you just delete the "don't turn FM fans against each other" thread????
YOU MUST BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!!!!
this is NOT how things go around here!!!!
you did not erase your own opinions there, you erased everyone who posted their opinions! once others replied, this thread is no longer YOURS, can't you see it???
i find it shameless and disgraceful!
i do not give a rat's ass if it made you "too sad", i don't care about how much of a coward you are! deleting MY valid opinions doesn't make ME sad- it makes me PISSED!!!, VERY PISSED!!!
you just damaged MY right for free speech and no excuses could justify it. these methods DO NOT belong here, this is NOT mick's chat! this is NOT our way to deal with stuff!!!
if you can't handle the heat, you probably don't belong to this kitchen! you owe an appology to each and every person who's opinion you just silenced, and if that's how you think we address serious questions here than you are terribly wrong!!!!

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Important things don't fade away, they just disappear.

Whatever the heck I mean by that

John
Old 06-03-2003, 03:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have not commented on this much .But as soon as I saw Mick's FM site had a pay fan club I had to laugh.Now some of the newer fans who bought into it I can sympathize with, but anyone who has closely followed this band and it's core members activities for years or decades,and who paid more than a wooden nickel to this 'fan" club shame on you !

Old 06-03-2003, 03:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by glitter_fades
I can see removing your own posts...but deleting the thread? Aren't you being the censor now? It's seems like a waste of time posting to anything if the one who starts the thread can delete everyone else's posts.

Well, if it makes you feel better...whatever. I used to think you were above such things, but it seems Cour was right on target in her assessment...which is gone now.

As Cosar started the thread in removing his post the whole thread disappears. Not really sure why this was necessary. I was working a night shift so I can't read the reply I was notified about!

Pip
Old 06-03-2003, 03:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I feel foolish now for saying this board doesn't censor people. Anybody know why it's gone?
Cosar deleted it. The Ledge didn't. He couldn't take it is my guess...poor baby.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tommer

these methods DO NOT belong here, this is NOT mick's chat! this is NOT our way to deal with stuff!!!
I have to say I agree with this sentiment. It is not the way things are done here. Many people had posted valued opinions in that thread and it is now gone. I'm sure various people have saved the thread ... I did not. I didn't think I would ever need to cut and paste a thread on the ledge.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
if you can't handle the heat, you probably don't belong to this kitchen! you owe an appology to each and every person who's opinion you just silenced, and if that's how you think we address serious questions here than you are terribly wrong!!!!
Just remember that he was called out and also that his true colors are flying. He belongs where the truth is not and where thoughts and opinions are not welcome. So, to all of you who care, remember him and how he operates when he starts a new thread. He is on my ignore list. See Ya Cosaren't
Old 06-03-2003, 03:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by glitter_fades
Sorry guys...I gotta come clean. I know I said I wasn't going there...but I did just go to Mick's board. I had to see if I could find out why Cosar's thread is gone, and also see who's saying Pip and Louise are lying about the JT email. Not many are jumping up to agree or disagree with the poster, so I feel nobody really believes it. Whether they say it or not, people know which party has a reason to lie. Louise has no reason to lie.
Well I have to say it SERIOUSLY PISSES ME OFF that someone would suggest that Louise and I are lying about the emails from Todd. Let's see them come over here and say that. Why on earth would we make this up? We are not the devious snakes in all of this. Excuse my language but I have had no sleep and I am ****ing steaming at the moment
Old 06-03-2003, 03:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfirefly

Just to be fair, I think that's the reason you may not see defense on Pip & Louise's part. It's not that there isn't one (and I really don't understand why it was brought up in the first place) but that it will start a nice debate/argument between fans and you know...that's just a waste of time, and will destroy the thread.
Why should it not be brought up? I know you were looking for concerns involving the fan club - well Todd is the fan club and the mis-sent emails and bribes shows the kind of man he is. Is this the man people want to look up to as the leader of their favourite bands fan club? He should be held accountable for his actions. As Fleetwood Mac fans we deserve better. I've never said that I have anything against people who post over there but those who choose to ignore how this idiot has treated their fellow fans are certainly not on my Xmas card list!

As for the reason that people aren't defending this.... well those that would have all been banned!
Old 06-03-2003, 03:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
Why should it not be brought up? I know you were looking for concerns involving the fan club - well Todd is the fan club and the mis-sent emails and bribes shows the kind of man he is. Is this the man people want to look up to as the leader of their favourite bands fan club? He should be held accountable for his actions. As Fleetwood Mac fans we deserve better. I've never said that I have anything against people who post over there but those who choose to ignore how this idiot has treated their fellow fans are certainly not on my Xmas card list!

As for the reason that people aren't defending this.... well those that would have all been banned!
Seriously pisses me off too Pip. The really rotten thing is that we cannot tell them how we feel about that over there, but, they need to know that they are only making things much much worse. Things like that only make my resolve stronger and my drive stronger to get something from someone.