User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I listened to that Howard Stern interview (if that's what you're referring to). I don't think he was so much dismissive as not wanting to talk about it because he felt it might be disrespectful to his wife. I remember he began a few of his responses with "Well my wife..." He did acknowledge that Stevie was special and that they were both so whacked out on coke that they had to seperate. I wonder if his responses are colored by the fact that he truly can't remember that much.
There was that and another interview (but print only) from a little bit afterwards where he was asked about their relationship and he said he was flattered by her comments and then just said that it was a drug fueled rock n roll romance that came and ran its course as it should have. To me that, coupled with all the other things he's said, seems like he just doesn't think of the relationship they had as this big love affair, even though she does.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I know the music files would get taken down but the rest is quite far from what I've heard. I heard of so many people-- all Stevie fans btw-- who said they got warnings and comments deleted if they would make simple remarks like that Stevie's hair looked kinda frizzy in a certain picture. And some people had their separate Twitter accounts stalked and kicked out of the group if they people in charge didn't like what they posted on their Twitter-- separate from the FB group. When I'd ask about it a lot of people would just tell me that the guy in charge can be really aggressive when it comes to "defending" Stevie and polices the place too hard.
i got banned from there
and i didn't even get a warning or have any posts deleted
rarely even engaged on there.
too much @ss kissing over there and sunshine and rainbows
the world is not like that. can't live in no filtered enviro like that
Old 06-20-2018, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I heard about that too. Even though Joe basically wanted nothing to do with her besides a "road f*ck" and said awful, cruel things about her. Even sober he was so dismissive of her and their relationship. Strange.
Shipping Stevie and Joe is definitely a strange one ....eeeew why and how could you?
Old 06-21-2018, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know the music files would get taken down but the rest is quite far from what I've heard. I heard of so many people-- all Stevie fans btw-- who said they got warnings and comments deleted if they would make simple remarks like that Stevie's hair looked kinda frizzy in a certain picture. And some people had their separate Twitter accounts stalked and kicked out of the group if they people in charge didn't like what they posted on their Twitter-- separate from the FB group. When I'd ask about it a lot of people would just tell me that the guy in charge can be really aggressive when it comes to "defending" Stevie and polices the place too hard.
I got banned because he posted that Thousand Days was about Joe Walsh and I said Stevie had stated the song was about Prince
Old 06-21-2018, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
I got banned because he posted that Thousand Days was about Joe Walsh and I said Stevie had stated the song was about Prince
Oh wow lol. Yeah I heard a lot of stuff like that too, people would get in trouble if they said things he disagreed with or made little comments like "Her voice sounds a little off here" or "Not a fan of that hair on her" etc. Because I guess Stevie can't possibly ever sound off or have bad hair lol. And other weird stuff. And he apparently only mildly tolerated the other band members and haaaated Lindsey excessively.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Actually he doesn't run it anymore because he got tired of nasty people harassing the daylights out of him and having all of his blog posts (containing rare music files) deleted. Hence the rule that only positive things be said. It's not a bad thing and was an especially good place to hang out during the Lindsey debacle.

riiiiiiiigghhhhtttt...flies follow sh*t.

Last edited by BigAl84; 06-21-2018 at 11:11 AM..
Old 06-21-2018, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I should reiterate that I think Ivory Keys is really a good group overall and I believe this type of thing is over now that the administration has changed.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't realize the administration had changed. Please disregard my prior remark.

Oops.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I should reiterate that I think Ivory Keys is really a good group overall and I believe this type of thing is over now that the administration has changed.
So was this the Bise guy? He and I guess a friend of his wrote three or four good fanzines called Mirror Mirror in the early Nineties. At the time, I remember thinking, "Wow, a literate Stevie Nicks fan." (I'm being a wicked tease.)

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-22-2018, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
So was this the Bise guy? He and I guess a friend of his wrote three or four good fanzines called Mirror Mirror in the early Nineties. At the time, I remember thinking, "Wow, a literate Stevie Nicks fan." (I'm being a wicked tease.)
I believe that is his name....although is it OK to post real names on here? In the age of Facebook, I guess the idea of anonymity is a thing of the past in such cases, eh? Anyway, it is likely the same person. I did not realize he did fanzines at one point. That's impressive.

Last edited by sodascouts; 06-22-2018 at 11:28 AM..