The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Where has this rumor been posted other than in this thread?
Old 05-23-2018, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Christine’s lack of name recognition is irrelevant. Her brand is “Fleetwood Mac,” not “Christine McVie.” For comparison, Robert Pollard isn’t as big a draw under his own in terms of album and ticket sales name as he is if he bills it as Guided by Voices.

Comparing the 2013 tour to the 2014-15 tour, concert goers clearly understood the difference.
I'm not saying anything about Christine's name recognition or lack thereof. I'm saying that I don't think promoters care remotely about who wrote the most top 40 hits when it comes to touring and I'm almost positive that doesn't affect ticket sales. What impacts ticket sales is the big picture. The OWTS tour sold so well because it was heavily promoted with the whole 'The classic Fleetwood Mac lineup is back'. That's a big thing to tote and why, like you said, it sold even better than the 2013 tour. BUT the 2013 tour and those before it still sold perfectly well because it still mostly resembled Fleetwood Mac and they played all the songs everyone wants to hear and that's what most people going to the shows care about.
Christine leaving would be a big deal to promoters not because she wrote the most top 40 hits. Hardly anyone outside of this board even knows who wrote what in Fleetwood Mac. It would be a big deal because, combined with the Lindsey situation, it would just be too much controversy. One member they can handle, but another?
Old 05-23-2018, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlynow View Post
Where has this rumor been posted other than in this thread?
http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/20...-2_14.html?m=1
There's this blind item on a gossip site that many people are taking to be about Fleetwood Mac.
And some people with 'sources' arguing about on Stevie Nicks Facebook groups. One person said they have it from their sources that she's on her way out, another person said they have it from their sources that it's not true, both are swearing up and down that their story is true, others claiming she wants to find a way out etc.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Crazy Days sight revealed that the band who might lose another member is FM. We just don’t know which member they think might bolt.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If Christine goes, then that’s it for FM...the end.
So Mick had better hope they make loads of money this coming tour.

Incidentally, in the US, have they had a bad press over Lindsey being fired ?
In the UK not much about them at all.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Christine is not leaving. She would be the last to leave. She is probably the only one having fun these days.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Then we'll still have what we have a Stevie Nicks backing band only minus an old bird that can no longer sing or play the keyboards like she once could.
Well, it sounds like you could be talking about Stevie Nicks, except she never could play keyboards well.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
While likely just an internet rumor, what if Chris exits too?
Then, hopefully, she pursues a solo album or another duet album with Lindsey, so she can record those "dozens of songs" she and Mick have told us she has.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Losing Christine would be a shame as she will likely have great chemistry with Neil Finn as they have similar songwriting and performance styles.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Then, hopefully, she pursues a solo album or another duet album with Lindsey, so she can record those "dozens of songs" she and Mick have told us she has.
i'm sure she has them. where was the interview where they said that?

i think Christine should leave, and Stevie too, for good measure. they can replace them with younger, interesting people and form a really new band - as FM are always evolving!

it will still be Fleetwood Mac - real Fleetwood Mac fans don't care, as long as Fleetwood McVie are still there, and they play whatever music is related either to FM of any era or these new members. Rumours 5 or anyone else in the band it's all the same to FM fans. just ask them - anyone who doesn't think this way is a negative traitor!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-24-2018, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm sure she has them. where was the interview where they said that?

i think Christine should leave, and Stevie too, for good measure. they can replace them with younger, interesting people and form a really new band - as FM are always evolving!

it will still be Fleetwood Mac - real Fleetwood Mac fans don't care, as long as Fleetwood McVie are still there, and they play whatever music is related either to FM of any era or these new members. Rumours 5 or anyone else in the band it's all the same to FM fans. just ask them - anyone who doesn't think this way is a negative traitor!
While I’m guessing not your intention, you just described an even greater dream scenerio for me then the one we already have! except forget the replacements for stevie and Christine.

Then we can have a stevie tour/album, BuckinghamMcVie tour/album and a Fleetwood Mac tour that could be marketed and executed as a Fleetwood Mac tour to honor and primarily play Peter Green/Danny Kirwan songs! Win-Win-Win

He Will Burn You Down

Last edited by Hawkeye; 05-24-2018 at 05:04 PM..
Old 05-24-2018, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
While I’m guessing not your intention, you just described an even greater dream scenerio for me then the one we already have! except forget the replacements for stevie and Christine.

Then we can have a stevie tour/album, BuckinghamMcVie tour/album and a Fleetwood Mac tour that could be marketed and executed as a Fleetwood Mac tour to honor and primarily play Peter Green/Danny Kirwan songs! Win-Win-Win
haha there's not much worse scenario than you'll be having this year for FM.

i'd be good with what you propose. i might even go see that version of FM if they are not price gauging like the current fakewood. although i would have to get over my sleazy Mick gag-reflex. so yeah, i might never be able to see anything Mick is in anymore.

i just need LB solo first, and that would have plenty of time to happen if Chris leaves after the currently booked FM dates. and BuckVie 2 would not try to make music appealing to SN anymore so hopefully would be much more interesting.

as long as i never have to see SN live again, i'm open to other possibilities.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-24-2018, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey will start another band which will have numerous top ten hits and sell out arenas worldwide!
Old 05-24-2018, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Lindsey will start another band which will have numerous top ten hits and sell out arenas worldwide!
Which is as likely as The New FM will do so. With Mike Campbell and Neill Finn being virtual nobodies in Europe, with 6 more months for people to hear about the LB firing, reading concert reviews, with Stevie on the verge of her next solo tour and Christine (rumoured) on her way out, they won't come over here, so bye-bye world tour. And an album? HA! As if.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 05-24-2018 at 07:34 PM..
Old 05-24-2018, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
And an album? HA! As if.
With Stevie previously saying people wouldn't buy a new Rumours lineup album, the notion of a hit Post-Rumours lineup album??? Sorry Stevie - Don't Dream, It's Over.