User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-26-2021, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
It's pretty good. Though it's focused on Peter, it really covers the entire band. Its more of a Fleetwood Mac doc with a higher than average focus on Peter- a bit like the Christine McVie documentary (in fact, I wonder if they were made by the same people???).
I guess its particularly notable as Jeremy meets up in person to discuss Peter with Mick and John.
I think its on Youtube

I'd like to think perhaps Mick made that comment about John tongue in cheek.

It's currently streaming on Amazon Prime.
Old 03-26-2021, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
“I don’t look at it like that,” says Fleetwood, the band’s cheerful diplomat. “Stevie was very unhappy. It was not an ultimatum — it was about taking a breath. Two people have walked away from each other, like Liz Taylor and Richard Burton. I understand both people. Lindsey would say, ‘You’re piggy in the middle, Mick.’”

Interesting that he didn't say "We were unhappy" like he did in 2018 and 2019.
Shrewd.
yet in 2018-19 he insisted it was "the whole band" "we" were all unhappy, it was not Stevie. it was not Stevie vs Lindsey thing, it was the whole band against Lindsey thing - Mick and bunch of Stevie fans here and everywhere on social media insisted at the time.

give it another year and he'll reverse himself on the ultimatum thing too.

turns out we've heard "all sides" and Lindsey's side was the actual story. go figure!

as far as John, that part is in a horrible typical Mick "throwing friends under the bus" vein, like he always does with Christine (accusing her about the Bob Welch thing). plus have to laugh how people take Mick's story of the day as the absolute truth - in the same interview where Mick reversed himself on what he was saying in 2018.

John probably told Mick - get me the plane ticket and where to sleep in London and i'll do it - and Mick said nah, pay your own way.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-26-2021, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yet in 2018-19 he insisted it was "the whole band" "we" were all unhappy, it was not Stevie. it was not Stevie vs Lindsey thing, it was the whole band against Lindsey thing - Mick and bunch of Stevie fans here and everywhere on social media insisted at the time.

give it another year and he'll reverse himself on the ultimatum thing too.

turns out we've heard "all sides" and Lindsey's side was the actual story. go figure!

as far as John, that part is in a horrible typical Mick "throwing friends under the bus" vein, like he always does with Christine (accusing her about the Bob Welch thing). plus have to laugh how people take Mick's story of the day as the absolute truth - in the same interview where Mick reversed himself on what he was saying in 2018.

John probably told Mick - get me the plane ticket and where to sleep in London and i'll do it - and Mick said nah, pay your own way.
It was Wendy that accused Christine of that. (Maybe Mick too, not aware if he did). However, I have a source telling me that it's completely untrue.
Old 03-26-2021, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It was Wendy that accused Christine of that. (Maybe Mick too, not aware if he did). However, I have a source telling me that it's completely untrue.
no, it was not Wendy. Wendy said MICK told her that it was not him, that it was Christine. so Wendy believed him.

so basically Mick was trying to get out of being blamed by placing it on Christine. Wendy believed him, and somehow many people do. i don't really understand why.

glad you have a source telling you otherwise. again, i really don't get why anyone would believe a word Mick says.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-28-2021, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no, it was not Wendy. Wendy said MICK told her that it was not him, that it was Christine. so Wendy believed him.

so basically Mick was trying to get out of being blamed by placing it on Christine. Wendy believed him, and somehow many people do. i don't really understand why.

glad you have a source telling you otherwise. again, i really don't get why anyone would believe a word Mick says.
See, this is a case where I'm glad I"m wrong. I had not realized that Wendy stated that Mick planted that seed in her head. And yes, my source is 100% sure that it is not true.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
See, this is a case where I'm glad I"m wrong. I had not realized that Wendy stated that Mick planted that seed in her head. And yes, my source is 100% sure that it is not true.
So WHO did keep Bob out?????
Old 03-28-2021, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So WHO did keep Bob out?????
Probably equal parts Mick and Christine. She had the verbal altercation with him that resulted in him leaving the band when she apparently told him " well f.u. then" and Mick because Welch sued for royalties and anytime you come in between Mick and $. John I'm not sure about but he would likely side with Mick and Chris. Incredibly I think that Nicks ( and Lindsey) were likely blameless on this one.

Old 03-28-2021, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Probably equal parts Mick and Christine. She had the verbal altercation with him that resulted in him leaving the band when she apparently told him " well f.u. then" and Mick because Welch sued for royalties and anytime you come in between Mick and $. John I'm not sure about but he would likely side with Mick and Chris. Incredibly I think that Nicks ( and Lindsey) were likely blameless on this one.
Even if there are different versions of who's to blame, that doesn't mean ANY story is 100% true or 100% accurate. The truth in "their" story is open to the teller's own interpretation of the facts.
Old 03-29-2021, 07:20 AM

Bob and the Brits were cool until the law suit. They produced tracks for him, played at his shows.
Old 03-29-2021, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Bob and the Brits were cool until the law suit. They produced tracks for him, played at his shows.
And the crazy part is, how much could Bob really have been asking for? Lets say he was asking for 1 million. Civil cases settle for less so they could have paid him off for $500,000. Seriously. What horrible people......ugh I mean Mick. The sad part is the lawsuit came at Fleetwood Mac's darkest hour right before the Time album. Mick probably panicked and was looking for loose change on restroom floors during this "TIME" and that was a helluva lotta money for Mick to part ways with. He probably paid quite handsomely on legal fees just to fight Bob. Chris follows Mick's lead. Just like she kept silent and allowed Lindsey to be fired, she kept silent and supported Mick in his fight with Bob. Lets be real, the band could have saved money by paying lawyers and given Bob $200,000 and not created this drama.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-29-2021 at 11:08 AM..
Old 03-29-2021, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As ALWAYS, it all comes down to Mick being an IDIOT with money.

I hope history remembers him for what he truly is.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:18 PM

Those Welch albums sold many units as FM became more popular. Give the man his due!!
Old 03-29-2021, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Those Welch albums sold many units as FM became more popular. Give the man his due!!
They SCREWED HIM out of money, and out of the recognition he truly deserved.

They really are horrible people.
Old 03-30-2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
They SCREWED HIM out of money, and out of the recognition he truly deserved.

They really are horrible people.
Look what they did to Lindsey!!?? I mean.... wow.
Old 03-30-2021, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Look what they did to Lindsey!!?? I mean.... wow.
They're low class scum.