User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2021, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Cher did start singing I Got You Babe with a Sonny video. Also, The Beat Goes On. She's been doing it for about 10 years now.

I don't think there would've been a tribute like that. Stevie looked Neil in the eyes and sang SHN, MM, and GYOW. I don't think she really cares about Lindsey. If she was the feminist she labels herself as, she would've three-way called Lindsey with Azoff on Sunday Grammy Night 2018 and chewed his a** out with Irving on the line. Lindsey's just a conversation starter for her now.
Indeed? When I saw her in Vegas, she used footage from their movie Good Times and she sang, “it’s the Little Things” in its entirety which happens to be my favorite of his. Although you can imagine I was honored when Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers did Needles and Pins.

FM might do footage of Lindsey playing Landslide while Stevie sang live, which would have probably made me mad, but as David said with Glen there wouldn’t have been a dry eye.
Old 03-19-2021, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, thinking of Steve’s post, I just consider Lindsey and the family who loves him, who would not have been comforted by his multi-millionaire status and probably would not have gotten even a condolence call from his erstwhile band mates had things not worked out heart wise.

What if LB had not survived. How would that have been handled on the tour? Would Mick have just said, “Here’s to you Lindsey,” just before GYOW?

Remember how everyone started copying the format after Natalie Cole did the Unforgettable video with her departed father? Cher did one in concert singing a “duet” with Sonny. She thrilled me, because she did not make the easy choice, “I Got You Babe.” No, using movie footage of Sonny, she sang “it’s the Little Things” side by side with his image.

I would have wanted a video tribute like that to Lindsey.
Actually I think Hank Williams Jr did it before Natalie with the song "Tear In My Beer" but being country it probably didn't get as much airplay as Unforgettable did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM8tROzp4Dc
Old 03-19-2021, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Actually I think Hank Williams Jr did it before Natalie with the song "Tear In My Beer" but being country it probably didn't get as much airplay as Unforgettable did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM8tROzp4Dc
maybe because the song sucks.I never could stand Hank Jr. Dad was a genius though...nepotism.

Old 03-19-2021, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Which 4? Everyone but John or everyone but Stevie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Don't make me ban you. You know which 4.
Hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahhahhaaahahaaaa!!!
Old 03-20-2021, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
maybe because the song sucks.I never could stand Hank Jr. Dad was a genius though...nepotism.
I agree. Hank Sr. is the ultimate country songwriter. The Hillbilly Shakespeare.
Hank Jr. is just some dumb ass that rednecks relate to. High fiving while drinking Bud and watching football. Trash. There's no art there.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
New Mick interview at Louder... and he's not echoing Stevie's line that Lindsey failed to contribute anything great to FM History!

Fleetwood Mac’s last studio album was 2003’s Say You Will. Why no more?

"We just stopped. Christine had left. At that point it would have been down to a dysfunctional band. Could there be another album? I think there’s been a thousand and one times when the answer would always be ‘Yes’. My wish, of course, is that there would be. I think this period now is interesting. Everyone’s doing their own thing. So I don’t know. But looking at the state of the nation, or whatever you want to call Fleetwood Mac, I have no qualms or regrets.

If it ends, I think we’ve done A-okay, and we’ve left a lot of great music behind. There is a band. We’re not broken up. There’s some incredibly talented people. But time is wearing on. I don’t know whether John wants to do this any more. But then he’s done that a couple of times. He’ll go, like: 'Oh, I’m bored ****less…'"

Do you think things could have been handled better with Lindsey in 2018, when he had to leave the band?

"No, I really don’t. I’m in touch with Lindsey and we had a great conversation, and it was understood that basically the dynamic for both Stevie and himself had really worn its way so thin… it was just really not a happy situation, and it’s not good for either of them. We couldn’t endure going on. And at that point, in many ways, believe me, even I’m going: 'We’re done.' And that’s the best way to describe it. There was just so much unhealed emotional content.

Again, no one was equipped to keep it going. It was just too much. So that was that. One thing for sure is that Lindsey’s work with Fleetwood Mac is faultless, and such a major part. In his own way, like Peter Green, he’s unbelievably talented, hugely invested. Also, everyone has had their own story. There’s not anyone – apart from me and John – who hasn’t left this band for many years. Lindsey left for, like, twelve years – and came back. They’ve all done it."

sooo..... when Christine says this, that John doesn't want to go on another tour, she gets slapped back, forced to walk her comments back and corrected in the press by Mick himself.

Then he goes and says essentially the same thing.

Such a gaslighting bunghole.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
sooo..... when Christine says this, that John doesn't want to go on another tour, she gets slapped back, forced to walk her comments back and corrected in the press by Mick himself.

Then he goes and says essentially the same thing.

Such a gaslighting bunghole.
Christine woke up on the wrong side of the bed. She was having a bad day. It was her time of the month.
Old 03-20-2021, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wish the very worst for both Mick and Stevie. Poverty, loneliness. I truly do. Yet, if I am saying farewell to the band forever, I do want them there. But they could then drop dead directly after the final bow.

Like, “be good to each other. Ack!” Thump. The end.
I wholeheartedly agree. I never wished death to anyone until Mick and Stevie treated "the multimillionaire guitarist" like **** and almost killed him. Does that make me a bad person? Probably, but I don't care.

I want a farewell concert just because that's what Lindsey wants. Closure.

But that doesn't mean I forgave them. They did wrong, so wrong, and nothing will change that.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-20-2021, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I wholeheartedly agree. I never wished death to anyone until Mick and Stevie treated "the multimillionaire guitarist" like **** and almost killed him. Does that make me a bad person? Probably, but I don't care.

I want a farewell concert just because that's what Lindsey wants. Closure.

But that doesn't mean I forgave them. They did wrong, so wrong, and nothing will change that.
I don't wish them dead, but karma will be served if they end up in a sad, lonely old age in which to ponder their douchiness while the kids/grandkids or the goddaughters and 'nieces' are counting the days until they can get their hands on the moola, or are pilfering pieces of jewelry and memorabilia out the back door (as was done to the Duchess of Windsor) because she's too senile to notice and Karen and Lori are dealing with their own old age. Or when Mick's kids and grandkids and 8th wife are tired of changing his diaper.

I don't want a full reunion tour, regardless of whether or not that's what Lindsey wants. Such a tour will never erase the bulls*** of what was done or why. If they do tour I won't be attending, but I would suggest they call it the Gaslight Tour.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't wish them dead, but karma will be served if they end up in a sad, lonely old age in which to ponder their douchiness while the kids/grandkids or the goddaughters and 'nieces' are counting the days until they can get their hands on the moola, or are pilfering pieces of jewelry and memorabilia out the back door (as was done to the Duchess of Windsor) because she's too senile to notice and Karen and Lori are dealing with their own old age. Or when Mick's kids and grandkids and 8th wife are tired of changing his diaper.

I don't want a full reunion tour, regardless of whether or not that's what Lindsey wants. Such a tour will never erase the bulls*** of what was done or why. If they do tour I won't be attending, but I would suggest they call it the Gaslight Tour.
If $tevie and Mick had only known the permanent damage they were doing by letting her get Lindsey fired...

They probably don't even care that they ruined the ending of the band of our lives. I hope karma gets them both, HARD.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 03-20-2021 at 09:27 PM..
Old 03-20-2021, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I don't think Stevie or Mick think they did anything wrong with Lindsey. They're that kind of people. No regrets. Hence, that pondering time will never come, IMO.

I don't think a full reunion tour will happen. I think John and Christine are done with the band. Last year with Covid probably confirmed their decision to finally retire.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-20-2021, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I don't think Stevie or Mick think they did anything wrong with Lindsey. They're that kind of people. No regrets. Hence, that pondering time will never come, IMO.

I don't think a full reunion tour will happen. I think John and Christine are done with the band. Last year with Covid probably confirmed their decision to finally retire.
I hope they are DONE. If Lindsey ever held hands with $tevie onstage again, I would literally puke coat hangers. Stupid old hag.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hope they are DONE. If Lindsey ever held hands with $tevie onstage again, I would literally puke coat hangers. Stupid old hag.
IF they tour again and IF those two hold hands on stage, I will lose respect for Lindsey. Nothing will ever look as fake and I hope Lindsey realizes it.
Old 03-21-2021, 09:44 AM

I don't wish them dead or harm. Let them live with their power hungry, money hungry personalities. Wishing harm for someone can bite you in the ass. Don't tempt the fates, just let the karma hit in her ghosting buttocks.

If they do get back together. I'll go, I"ll shed a tear for my own past. I'll LET IT GO like FROZEN. (Love) I'll scream Christine 100 times even though she can't hear me and I can no longer hear her. I'll watch them hold hands, making Stevie stand away from Lindsey for bows. (We noticed this last fab 5 tour)

Life is too short and I'm too old to stay angry. After all, life goes in organic errrrrr *very non organic circles.
Old 03-21-2021, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't wish them dead or harm. Let them live with their power hungry, money hungry personalities. Wishing harm for someone can bite you in the ass. Don't tempt the fates, just let the karma hit in her ghosting buttocks.

If they do get back together. I'll go, I"ll shed a tear for my own past. I'll LET IT GO like FROZEN. (Love) I'll scream Christine 100 times even though she can't hear me and I can no longer hear her. I'll watch them hold hands, making Stevie stand away from Lindsey for bows. (We noticed this last fab 5 tour)

Life is too short and I'm too old to stay angry. After all, life goes in organic errrrrr *very non organic circles.
Them holding hands and kissing would be a disgusting slap in the face to everyone, themselves included. I'd lose every ounce of respect for Lindsey that I have.

The ONLY way I'd see them again is if it's a $tevie less FM.