Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deribish View Post
WOW! Lindsey's kids are SO grown up!! And his son looks JUST LIKE HIM!!
Lindsey’s family is beautiful and Kristen looks a bit like Nicole Kidman there.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
I bet Stevie hates seeing Lindsey Happy and with kids after the way she abused him all those years.
WHAT? I nearly just choked on my pasta dinner when I read that. They've given it to each other.
I don't think Stevie should marry and adopt kids now. I don't think she has the lifestyle and I'm not sure its really for her.You can argue she's been bitter for the past 15 years...she might argue she's had the happiest 15 years of her life.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-28-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
I bet Stevie hates seeing Lindsey Happy and with kids after the way she abused him all those years. I also bet it really gets her goat she wasn’t the mother of those kids. She should write a song about lost time and regret and missed opportunities from the OTHER side of youth. As a warning to other selfish and vain young women to not put sex drugs and rock and roll ahead of having happiness. She’s just been so bitter the last 15 years or so. Mostly since Christine came back but it’s slowly been creeping in since right after Say You will tour. It almost makes me wish she would marry someone and adopt a few foster kids so she can get on with her life and be creative and happy again.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Apologies if this has been discussed earlier but this award is to honor a recording artist who has made important contributions to the world of music and demonstrated extraordinary humanitarian and philanthropic efforts. per the Musicares website.

It pains me to say that I'm not particularly aware of extraordinary humanitarian and philanthropic efforts. by the Mac. Maybe I'm out of the loop- I know Stevie has her work with the US armed forces, and royalties from Beautiful Child go to UNICEF, and Mick seems to get involved with good causes out in Hawaii, but other than that I'm not aware of that much that they've done. Maybe it's all under the radar. If anyone would care to enlighten me, please do. Perhaps they should have been given an award for increasing exports from Bolivia.
We talked about the band members known philantrophic efforts here a while ago. It's true that they aren't particularly known for their charity work, however it doesn't necessarily mean that they're particularly ungenerous either; the best charity isn't ostentatious and nowadays many celebrities engage in great philantrophic works just to gain more visibility.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks to everyone for posting links, pics, etc. This review in the LA Times is pretty interesting:

Fleetwood Mac was the only act worth seeing at its grim Grammy weekend MusiCares tribute

Mikael Wood
By MIKAEL WOOD
JAN 27, 2018 | 11:25 AM
| NEW YORK

Fleetwood Mac was the only act worth seeing at its grim Grammy weekend MusiCares tribute
Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks, from left, John McVie, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood at Friday's MusiCares Person of the Year benefit in New York. (Evan Agostini / Invision/Associated Press)

Leave it to Fleetwood Mac to steal the show at its own tribute concert.
Performing last to close Friday night's MusiCares Person of the Year benefit, the annual Grammy-weekend event meant to recognize an artist's work and philanthropy, the veteran band long associated with Los Angeles played a thrilling five-song set that made clear how good — and weird — it can still be when the group's members decide to care.
And thank heavens they cared Friday, because until they came onstage, this thing was grim.
Very, very grim.
The problem wasn't a lack of talent. Held at New York's Radio City Music Hall, the concert featured plenty of the stylish young pop acts whose admiration of Fleetwood Mac has helped bring the band back into vogue over the last few years.
Haim covered "Gypsy." Miley Cyrus sang "Landslide." And Lorde turned up to do "Silver Springs," the ghostly "Rumours" B-side that's like a secret handshake among Fleetwood Mac's faithful.
Instead, it was the setting that killed MusiCares' usual buzz.
The show typically takes place in a large hall at the Los Angeles Convention Center, where attendees are seated at cozy dinner tables with food and wine. In L.A., the night feels like a big party; it often ends (as in recent years honoring Lionel Richie and Bruce Springsteen) with a seemingly impromptu jam session.
Sure, folks pay thousands of bucks to get in. And nobody's ever gone home wishing he or she had heard just a bit more show-biz self-congratulation.
But the event has — dare I say it — a vibe.
Not here, though.
Because the Grammys ceremony moved to New York this year, MusiCares moved along with it. And Radio City, with its plush carpeting and neat concert-hall seating, is simply the wrong place to do this, especially when the act being feted is one of the most iconic bands of the last half-century.
Between songs, the room was as quiet as a funeral. And the bar stopped serving booze by 9 p.m., for heaven's sake — hardly an effective way to get anyone to enjoy Imagine Dragons, which slogged through "Big Love," or Jared Leto, who wore a messianic white suit to sing "Never Going Back Again."
Alison Krauss, the fastidious bluegrass doyenne, made use of the hushed environment in a pretty (if airless) "Songbird." But then came the unbearable Zac Brown Band with a corny "Don't Stop" that had you longing for the distraction of industry people schmoozing.
The temperature was so low that there seemed little reason to expect the guests of honor to work up much of a sweat.
After all, it was only six months ago that Fleetwood Mac put on one of the laziest, least inspired performances I've ever seen as part of July's Classic West festival at Dodger Stadium.
But something happened between then and Friday to revive Fleetwood Mac, which played here with joyful purpose and barbed intensity.
Maybe it was the warm, funny introduction by former President Bill Clinton, who told the story of how "Don't Stop" came to soundtrack his run for the Oval Office. (Turns out the song was the suggestion of a young kid tasked with driving Clinton around on an early campaign visit to L.A.)
Or perhaps the band was spurred back into action by the death last year of Tom Petty. In an endearing acceptance speech, Stevie Nicks said her close friend's passing had "just about broken" her heart.
Petty wasn't well near the end of his life, according to Nicks, who said he ought to have canceled the tour that ended in September at the Hollywood Bowl, just days before he died of an accidental prescription drug overdose.
"He should've just gone home and gone to the hospital," Nicks said of the man who himself was recognized in 2017 as MusiCares' Person of the Year. "But not Tom. He was going to go down that river."
Whatever the case, Fleetwood Mac blazed through "The Chain," with help on backing vocals from Harry Styles, as though the band had rediscovered its passion. It set "Little Lies" to a propulsive gallop and filled "Tusk" with jagged shards of noise.
For "Gold Dust Woman," Nicks put real menace in her voice. Yet the group's closer, "Go Your Own Way," was ragged and blissed-out — not the sound of obligation but of abandon.
If only the room had been similarly geared to celebrate.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Does anyone else think his son looks a little bit like that actor who played Harry Potter?

Kevin
Old 01-28-2018, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
Does anyone else think his son looks a little bit like that actor who played Harry Potter?

Kevin
No, not much..
Lindsey’s son is handsome in a very American way, whereas, Daniel Radcliffe is handsome in a British way. (I know what I mean )
Lindsey has a very lovely family....
Old 01-28-2018, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
We talked about the band members known philantrophic efforts here a while ago. It's true that they aren't particularly known for their charity work, however it doesn't necessarily mean that they're particularly ungenerous either; the best charity isn't ostentatious and nowadays many celebrities engage in great philantrophic works just to gain more visibility.
Thanks for that. Maybe there's more under the radar, as I suggested. I had forgotten about the Greenpeace thing. I suppose the private jets they used must have been special ones that had zero effect on the environment...
Old 01-28-2018, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Thanks for that. Maybe there's more under the radar, as I suggested. I had forgotten about the Greenpeace thing. I suppose the private jets they used must have been special ones that had zero effect on the environment...
Trying to fly them around on commercial planes in this day and age would probably be worse...
Old 01-28-2018, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
Thank you I agree. I made one statement about someone that is totally disconnected from American Polititcs and was actually relevant to the board discussion because they presented Fleetwood Mac the award! Other members, who will not be named, got nasty
You were making a political point, as that exact topic is being brought up left and right...by one side.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
WHAT?
I don't think Stevie should marry and adopt kids now. I don't think she has the lifestyle and I'm not sure its really for her.You can argue she's been bitter for the past 15 years...she might argue she's had the happiest 15 years of her life.
I *think* he was being sarcastic.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You were making a political point, as that exact topic is being brought up left and right...by one side.
It's not political though. It happens everywhere and all the time. It's a discussion that should be had.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Is the daughter the giantess in green polyester?
Old 01-28-2018, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well it looks like Lindsey and Stevie might be kind of getting along again? She had her arm though his arm through most of the acceptance speech and they were whispering to each other. These two....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15wCSzxdBzE
Old 01-28-2018, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love how John keeps moving himself out of the line to the end so that he's never in a position to have to go to the podium and speak.

Notice when Stevie is droning on several of them are whispering to each other, and then Mick and Chris start dancing. Love it.

On another note, the In Memoriam section of the Grammy's honored another colleague of Stevie's -- Paul Buckmaster, who conducted the strings on the recording of Beauty and the Beast.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 01-28-2018 at 10:51 PM..