User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Lindsey looked so unhappy and tense in a lot of photos from that event. My best guess is he got yelled at and lectured by Mick before they stepped foot in front of the reporters. Stevie was most likely trying to make LB feel secure by squeezing his arm like that. Gotta keep the man happy lest he storms out and ditches the event.
yeah he did on that red carpet, definitely. at the time i ascribed it to his regular "serious" face he pulls for every photo, but knowing what we know now, it's pretty obvious he had a feeling something is cooking.

i think he was pissed at Mick and Stevie because they didn't want to work with him to accommodate his solo needs while he would always bend over backwards for band's needs... as he did in this case too - trying to find solutions that could work for everyone since they first told him they wouldn't postpone the FM tour for 2 months so he can fit in his solo dates. maybe he found out from Mick that nobody has ran the concurrent tours option by Stevie because they were afraid she'd go ballistic? whatever it was it looks like he knew they didn't want to compromise to find the workable solution. turns out he didn't know the half of it!

are you saying Stevie was hanging all over his arm to try and lull him into false security so she can kick him even harder when she pushed him down right after the event?

what do you think they did to him that would make him storm out? i mean he obviously flew in with his family to be at the event. why storm out?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-29-2019, 11:35 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Look at that family? You wonder why Stevie is a bitter, angry, jealous hag? There it is, she can't take that LB has this GORGEOUS family, and all she has (like a cliche old hollywood fading actress) is her fans. Sad.
Misogyny. A woman doesn’t need a family to feel accomplished in life.

Haven’t been here in some time, I see it’s the same 4-5 people saying the same things.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post

there is plenty of misogyny going around. false labeling of fair points that have nothing to do with it as misogyny, just because the person someone talks about is a woman, is not helpful. it just muddies the issue.

Stevie Nicks has said plenty of times, over and over, that she regrets not having kids. this is not something fans ascribe to her. she has talked about her lost klonopin decade as her last chance to finally have a kid.

and - of course a woman doesn't need a partner or kids to be accomplished. and plenty of women do. just this specific woman seems to be talking a lot about how much she missed by not having a family. maybe she's just bsing, i can't know that, but she talked about it plenty.

let's stay close - in FM. why is nobody saying that Christine is jealous of families that others in FM have? because she is so obviously not! because she has never talked about missing out by not having kids. seems pretty obvious Christine Perfect McVie not just is incredibly accomplished but also owns and is happy with choices she made in life.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-29-2019, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

looking through this thread, which was written almost entirely before we knew about the Lindsey ouster (first i heard about it was Feb 8), it is pretty clear that this fandom was just as divided before it happened. and that Lindsey-hate among the chiff-cult was alive and well for a long time and didn't start with Musicares.

Old 01-29-2019, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
looking through this thread, which was written almost entirely before we knew about the Lindsey ouster (first i heard about it was Feb 8), it is pretty clear that this fandom was just as divided before it happened. and that Lindsey-hate among the chiff-cult was alive and well for a long time and didn't start with Musicares.
I agree with you, and it has been perpetuated by Stevie for years. Her on again/off again, hatred/love of Lindsey, has been top of her topics for discussion for years. Anyone who was sucked into it, has had a mad-on for him for all that time as well.

As much as I always loved her, I still loved him and the band just as much, so I tended to just roll my eyes at her comments.

But now, she crossed the line and her behavior has been cunning, cruel, and bullying, along with Mick who seems to just stupidly follow the all-mighty dollar.

I didn't like bullies as a child, and I don't like them now. I have gone back and watched Destiny Rules a number of times since this happened, and I still stand by the fact that I think Lindsey was patient, gentle, yet direct with his comments. He did not strike me as a bully, and she struck me as a defensive, immature, spoiled brat. She's really the passive aggressive bully, or victim/bully definition. Chiff-heads will be exploding right now, but that's how I saw it.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:

there is plenty of misogyny going around. false labeling of fair points that have nothing to do with it as misogyny, just because the person someone talks about is a woman, is not helpful. it just muddies the issue.

Stevie Nicks has said plenty of times, over and over, that she regrets not having kids. this is not something fans ascribe to her. she has talked about her lost klonopin decade as her last chance to finally have a kid.

and - of course a woman doesn't need a partner or kids to be accomplished. and plenty of women do. just this specific woman seems to be talking a lot about how much she missed by not having a family. maybe she's just bsing, i can't know that, but she talked about it plenty.

let's stay close - in FM. why is nobody saying that Christine is jealous of families that others in FM have? because she is so obviously not! because she has never talked about missing out by not having kids. seems pretty obvious Christine Perfect McVie not just is incredibly accomplished but also owns and is happy with choices she made in life.
I love strong women and I don't think a woman needs to complete herself to have kids. In fact, I have always respected Stevie (because I'm gay and don't have kids and had aspirations to be on stage) for following her career.

I do however think she is jealous because LB did something she couldn't do. And, he made an album with Christine and it was delightful for all 4 members.. (guess he's not such a monster after all)

If you look at the way these two woman act. Both are divorced without kids. But one is very bitter and angry and the other classy and humble. That's not misogyny. Please don't overuse that word. Let it be used for women in this world that need it and deserve it.

I truly hope $tevie apologizes to Lindsey and family for her little nasty stunt. And then furthering the embarrassment by going on National TV and saying it was his own fault he was fired. $he said that with a straight face knowing that not one of them was decent enough to pick up the phone and say, "hey, I'm upset about XXXX, let's talk." The more I learn about it through different channels, the more it sickens me.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-29-2019 at 02:11 PM..
Old 01-29-2019, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Little stunt???

More like the worst thing $he's ever done in her life. Including those other things, too!
Old 01-29-2019, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post

Haven’t been here in some time, I see it’s the same 4-5 people saying the same things.
How many times must we say it? It's not about her being a WOMAN. It's about a person be it MAN OR WOMAN, who is jealous because she doesn't have the beautiful family her ex has. GIVE THE MISOGYNY CRAP A REST!!!!!! I stand by my statements.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Little stunt???

More like the worst thing $he's ever done in her life. Including those other things, too!
Hey! don't you mock me. You know what I meant.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Hey! don't you mock me. You know what I meant.
I would never mock you.

Unless you start making goat noises.

Then it's ON.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

While it's true that Stevie has at times expressed a certain wistfulness about not having kids, it's a pretty big leap from that to "she got Lindsey fired because she's jealous that he has a family." What's even worse is to her Lindsey echo a sentiment like that in a interview. Made me cringe.

I hate that she did this, but that "motivation" is speculative to the extreme. Far more likely that she got him fired because she selfishly wanted to be the queen bee on this tour. She did not want to have anyone around who made her "unhappy" by arguing with her (ie did not let her have her way all the time). I get this from all that crap she was spouting about wanting to be happy and dance around her apartment etc. when she was talking about Lindsey's firing.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I do however think she is jealous because LB did something she couldn't do. And, he made an album with Christine and it was delightful for all 4 members.. (guess he's not such a monster after all)
i think you are onto something here - it's about that crazy competitiveness and jealousy and trying to always one-up each other between those 2. professionally and personally.

him being there with his gorgeous family and paying attention to them and not her? did you ever watch their interactions on stage and how she behaves when he pays attention to fans (that the band is there for!) instead of her? if you did, you have your answer.

also, while LB has humbly stated a number of times how lucky he feels to have been invited into FM, SN seems to be determined to project how she would be highly successful no matter what or who, that it's all in the talent and hard work - and that luck, timing, and people around her had nothing to do with it. she's certainly not humble. so while many seem to be inclined to ascribe emotional and personal reasons to why SN put out her ultimatum, imho ejecting LB out of FM has a lot to do with that - another step in trying to prove it's all her and his contributions to her and FM success were minimal. of course, other parts add on - BuckVie happy collaboration, wanting to make new music, and not bowing down to the queen like she's been used to outside FM. now she has upper hand in the band, everyone has to bow down to her, and can do whatever she wants. it may not make her or the rest of the band members happy, but i guess money, arena adulation and private jets more than make up for it!

that said, if LB stated something as possibly playing into it, i'm surprised that so many fans seem to think they know what triggers SN much better than he does, even though the 2 of them knew each other for 50+ years.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
that said, if LB stated something as possibly playing into it, i'm surprised that so many fans seem to think they know what triggers SN much better than he does, even though the 2 of them knew each other for 50+ years.
Fair point.

I do wonder, though, if he wasn't partially motivated - even subconsciously - by the desire to take a dig. Nothing makes one feel better about oneself than the "she did it because she's jealous of me" scenario. It's much more flattering than the alternative theory.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Fair point.

I do wonder, though, if he wasn't partially motivated - even subconsciously - by the desire to take a dig. Nothing makes one feel better about oneself than the "she did it because she's jealous of me" scenario. It's much more flattering than the alternative theory.
agreed. as i was writing how competitive they are with each other - and then how they know how to trigger each other, i started to wonder about that too.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I did wonder why she was holding onto Lindsey so much..(at the Musicares event)..
Maybe she is very jealous of his family she holds onto him on stage, in public view.
It’s almost as if she’s saying look, he really is mine, always was, always will be...no matter what.
No matter if he has three kids with you....And guess what I can even sack him, I have complete control...
I and I still believe all this began when Christine returned.