Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-28-2021, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick's 1990 book:

Being without much in the way of cash, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham were almost immediately put on salary, two hundred dollars a week each, as new members of Fleetwood Mac. We may have paid a little of their rent as well, but I can't remember. No one really had much money then; we were just surviving at that point.
Everything of Fleetwood Mac's was still in Bob Welch's name because we had no green cards that would let us work and earn money in the States. I remember that the $200,000 record advance from Warner Bros. to me, John, and Chris went directly into Bob's bank account and that years later he got a hell of a tax bill.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
In the documentary Fleetwood Mac....Don’t stop

I’m sure New Year’s Eve 1974 is mentioned as the night they went for a Mexican meal.
It was the night they learned FM wanted them, according to Mick's 1990 book:
On New Year's Eve, Stevie and Lindsey were having a little party at their house and wondering if 1975 was going to be a better year for them. Then Keith Olsen walked in and said, "Hey, I've got some news . . . Fleetwood Mac want you to join them."

It didn't specify if the meeting was the same night:
Later Stevie would give me a hard time. "Aaabhh, if I hadn't been with Lindsey you wouldn't have wanted me." And like that. All I can say is that I remembered this guitar player but couldn't remember his name. Keith Olsen called me back and said that Stevie and Lindsey were interested, and so we set up a dinner meeting at a Mexican restaurant called El Carmen. Lindsey came up to our house on Fernwood, off Laurel Canyon. Judy Wong was there too
Old 01-28-2021, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
On New Year's Eve, Stevie and Lindsey were having a little party at their house and wondering if 1975 was going to be a better year for them. Then Keith Olsen walked in and said, "Hey, I've got some news . . . Fleetwood Mac want you to join them."

Later Stevie would give me a hard time. "Aaabhh, if I hadn't been with Lindsey you wouldn't have wanted me." And like that. All I can say is that I remembered this guitar player but couldn't remember his name. Keith Olsen called me back and said that Stevie and Lindsey were interested, and so we set up a dinner meeting at a Mexican restaurant called El Carmen. Lindsey came up to our house on Fernwood, off Laurel Canyon. Judy Wong was there too
Right...got it......well he should know..
Old 01-28-2021, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I believe her because its the same thing you said $200 a piece although she put the figure together and said "we were paid $400 a week"
Which makes it even more credible coming from you. I have long suspected you are the real Stevie posing as an anti-Stevie pseudonym.
Wow, talk about self loathing! I'd be suicidal if I were that narcissistic bi*ch.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
In the documentary Fleetwood Mac....Don’t stop

I’m sure New Year’s Eve 1974 is mentioned as the night they went for a Mexican meal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post

Again, per Keith Olsen in 2012:

https://www.premierguitar.com/articl...ds_Keith_Olsen

So I drop what I was going to do on that New Year’s Eve, take my date, and we drive over to Stevie and Lindsey’s house. I said, “Hey, Happy New Year” and all of this—I brought over the obligatory bottle of bad champagne—and I said, “Can we talk? Mick Fleetwood would like you to join Fleetwood Mac.” Immediately, Lindsey said, “Oh, no, no—I couldn’t possibly play anything as good as Peter Green did. How am I supposed to get up there and play ‘The Green Manalishi’?” Finally I get them, by the end of the night, to try it on a trial basis for eight weeks.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-28-2021, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Where I have an issue is this notion that Lindsey, out of loyalty to Stevie, bravely and nobly stuck his neck out to insist that she also be included when, by what Mick said in 1990 and Keith Olsen said in 2012, there’s no evidence that he was ever offered the gig without her.
I'm not disagreeing with anything you said in this quote. I just want to share that what Mick said in this new interview that I created this thread to post, Mick offers what I put in bold type above. So I'm wondering if that's to kind of get future cordiality with Lindsey in the "public record"

I'm not soliciting a reply either. I'm just curious why Mick is speaking this way. Maybe he's just feeling high on life with his recording rights sale!
Old 01-28-2021, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I'm not disagreeing with anything you said in this quote. I just want to share that what Mick said in this new interview that I created this thread to post, Mick offers what I put in bold type above. So I'm wondering if that's to kind of get future cordiality with Lindsey in the "public record"

I'm not soliciting a reply either. I'm just curious why Mick is speaking this way. Maybe he's just feeling high on life with his recording rights sale!
Christine in several interviews states, "Well we only wanted the guitar player, ya know. But Lindsey said, well we're a package deal. So it was up to me if I would get on with another girl. So I said, let me meet her. Turns out that we were so unalike, that we go on well."
obviously paraphrasing
Old 01-28-2021, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine in several interviews states, "Well we only wanted the guitar player, ya know. But Lindsey said, well we're a package deal. So it was up to me if I would get on with another girl. So I said, let me meet her. Turns out that we were so unalike, that we go on well."
obviously paraphrasing
Well I trust you because you were a table across having the flautas with mole, right?
Old 01-28-2021, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Wouldn’t surprise me if there was some fence mending and wheel greasing going on between Mick and Lindsey.

Fleetwood Mac has already said no more large tours. Given Christine will be 78 and the virus has delayed any plans they had by at least a year and a half, it’s hard to imagine we’ll see much, if anything, from Fleetwood Mac again. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but it’s unlikely.

Mending fences is in their mutual interests. Mick is a drummer whose band likely played its last show and Lindsey is an artist who would greatly benefit from having the “Fleetwood” brand associated with his new music. The difference in album and concert ticket sales between “Lindsey Buckingham” and “Fleetwood Buckingham” (for example) would be significant.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-28-2021, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Fleetwood Mac has already said no more large tours. Given Christine will be 78 and the virus has delayed any plans they had by at least a year and a half, it’s hard to imagine we’ll see much, if anything, from Fleetwood Mac again. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but it’s unlikely.
78 is the new 50. President is 78, Jagger's 78, Bab's is 78, Debbie Harry and Patti Smith are up there too. I do recall hearing Christine may have arthritis though. She can shake the maracas.
Just expanding on Fleetwood Mac plans, I think Stevie told them in December 2019 that she needed two years away from FM to do her Rhiannon series and another solo tour (per Campbell). I still think FM would come out to do new entertainment facility openings but I doubt an album would happen ever again. Neil seems devoted to solidifying the new lineup of CH and Mike really wants Dirty Knobs to do the starting group bus tour and work their way up to bigger rooms.

Quote:
Mending fences is in their mutual interests. Mick is a drummer whose band likely played its last show and Lindsey is an artist who would greatly benefit from having the “Fleetwood” brand associated with his new music. The difference in album and concert ticket sales between “Lindsey Buckingham” and “Fleetwood Buckingham” (for example) would be significant.
I agree. I also think a tour called Mick Fleetwood Band and Lindsey Buckingham would not only be a delicious treat, but would generate more hype than just Mick Fleetwood (Blues) Band feat. Rick Vito In Concert at the Belly Up or An Evening with Lindsey Buckingham at Town Hall would.

*I'm not sure if Rick Vito gets mentioned in a marquee way when he's with MFBB but he's not on the cover of my Blue Again cd that Mick signed for me at Barnes and Noble.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, she’ll live a long time, but she will suffer dementia, for sure.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is responsible for their success because Lindsey got a job offer and she told him to take it? By that logic I’m responsible for Jeff Bezos’ success. I said, “Why don’t you try selling books, man?” And lo, I made him what he is today.

If Lindsey did not have a girlfriend who pouted every time he did a gig without her (oh why am I stuck in Aspen), maybe he would’ve been inclined to go out on the road more and would have garnered even more opportunities, without the albatross around his neck.

That Lindsey, If Stevie had not listened to those albums front to back and back to front, he’d be a bum looking for handouts on the corner today.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, she’ll live a long time, but she will suffer dementia, for sure.
To jump off of this... I actually think Stevie has some memory problems already. I think the drug abuse really did damage to her brain.

Some of the only straight stories I think we hear from her is working in restaurants/cleaning a house and the writing of Landslide.

The Prince story has differed, the crisis of a single for BD story has differed, she thinks she first went to Walter Reed when she was on the Say You Will Tour in 2005, which ended in the summer of 2004. Poor Lady.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
78 is the new 50. President is 78,

I think Stevie told them in December 2019 that she needed two years away from FM to do her Rhiannon series

*I'm not sure if Rick Vito gets mentioned in a marquee way when he's with MFBB
Not when your voices are all but gone. None of them have much of a singing voice these days.

Is $he STILL talking about her little Rhiannon cartoon, or whatever the f*ck it is? $he's been talking about that for 45 f*cking YEARS. $he's nuttier than a squirrel turd!

Rick is a great guitarist and a great guy, but I'm sorry to say, his name doesn't draw many people. I've gone to see him at blues clubs in Nashville, and can sit at the table right in front of him. I've tagged him in pictures and he's shared my pics the next morning. Again, great guy, but not a seat filler. For such an iconic band, it's a damned shame that one old goat seems to be the only seat filler.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Again, per Keith Olsen in 2012:

https://www.premierguitar.com/articl...ds_Keith_Olsen

So I drop what I was going to do on that New Year’s Eve, take my date, and we drive over to Stevie and Lindsey’s house. I said, “Hey, Happy New Year” and all of this—I brought over the obligatory bottle of bad champagne—and I said, “Can we talk? Mick Fleetwood would like you to join Fleetwood Mac.” Immediately, Lindsey said, “Oh, no, no—I couldn’t possibly play anything as good as Peter Green did. How am I supposed to get up there and play ‘The Green Manalishi’?” Finally I get them, by the end of the night, to try it on a trial basis for eight weeks.
The exact details are pretty muddy at this point (just about everything that ever happened to Fleetwood Mac is pretty muddy at this point).

Lindsey said at USC that Mick called him after meeting him unexpectedly at Sound City.

moviekinks.blogspot.com