User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-01-2023, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Going back to 2013 interviews is fascinating with the knowledge of what would eventually happen. I had forgotten all about this one:

https://fleetwoodmac-uk.com/wp/the-m...icks-dec-2013/

Lindsey also told MOJO: “There are still parts of mine and Stevie’s relationship that are unresolved and it will be interesting to visit that on this next tour…”

Stevie: He’s probably referring to what I call ‘The Talk.’ About a year and a half ago I told him everything I had wanted to say to him since 1968. I said, “Do you remember how cute we were? How we could walk into the room together and people would be mesmerized because we were so funny and smart?” I said, “Lindsey, if we can’t go back to being those people, I’m going to quit. I have other people I can work with that treat me with warmth and utter respect, and in my world there’s never a harsh word spoken.”

And his reaction?
Stevie: He was very quiet. I said, “The ball’s in your park, Lindsey 2013 better be great.

So has it been great? When the pair of you hold hands on-stage now what’s going on there exactly? The hand-holding on the 2009 tour seemed a bit hammy..

Stevie: That’s interesting. My cousin John has known Lindsey and I since 1968. He told me, “When I saw you and Lindsey play with Fleetwood Mac in 2009, there was nothing between you. It was as if you were thinking, ‘What shall I get from room service tonight? Grilled cheese? Tomato soup?” Hammy wasn’t the word for Lindsey and I in 2009 – it was totally fake. But what you see on-stage now is not fake. It is loving, and it is as close to those two people who met as teenagers as you could hope for. Every night I tell the story of Without You, the poem that I wrote in 1972 before we made the BuckinghamNicks album. The story has become longer than the song, and I told Lindsey, “I’m sorry, I’m trying to shorten it.” He goes, “Don’t worry, Stevie – it’s charming.” Three years ago he would have been like, “Are you kidding? We could do The Green Manalishi in that time…”

---------------

So you want your ex to treat you as if you're still a couple (40 years after the fact!) and that's how you're going to judge if you're being respected on tour?

It was totally fake in 2009, but it's somehow not fake in 2013 despite threatening to quit if he didn't pretend to be your boyfriend? It's no wonder Lindsey suggested that Stevie was still in love with him during the 2021 press feud.

I've got nothing...
this made me laugh because I suddenly remembered that image of a handwritten note from Stevie way back when to someone-- like staff somewhere.--- listing the foods that she liked and I swear it said grilled cheese and tomato soup
Old 08-02-2023, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another gem from 2013
Nicks said that the rest of the band wanted to tour last year, but that she’d been so happy with her most recent solo album, “In Your Dreams,” that she wanted to dedicate more time to supporting it. “I sat everybody down and said, ‘Listen, please understand. I’m never going to break this band up. Never. I’m never going to leave you. I’m just going to go away for under a year’ to focus on the record.

Fast forward to "somebody in the band didn't want to tour..." in 2018
Old 08-02-2023, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL...this article summarizes alllllllll the double standards
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...l?guccounter=1
Old 08-02-2023, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great article.

Among the many bits that made me laugh was this one: "Fleetwood Mac will be releasing two new songs before the tour begins: “Sad Angel” and “Miss Fantasy,” both written by Buckingham but sung largely by Nicks."

What versions of those songs did the writer hear???

also interesting that she indicates they re-recorded Without You to be a sort of bonus track to a 40th anniversary re-release of Buckingham Nicks. That would have been disastrous.... nothing would show how deteriorated her voice is than that new version next to the original stuff.
Old 08-02-2023, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Another gem from 2013
Nicks said that the rest of the band wanted to tour last year, but that she’d been so happy with her most recent solo album, “In Your Dreams,” that she wanted to dedicate more time to supporting it. “I sat everybody down and said, ‘Listen, please understand. I’m never going to break this band up. Never. I’m never going to leave you. I’m just going to go away for under a year’ to focus on the record.

Fast forward to "somebody in the band didn't want to tour..." in 2018
Stevie should have learned guitar so she could’ve played and been front person like Gaga and Sheryl Crow. Would have never needed Lindsey!
Old 08-02-2023, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They were SUPER close to releasing Buckingham Nicks back in 2012/2013. This interview shares both the perspective from both of them. There seems to have been some kind of disagreement with what to do with Without You.

I kinda get the impression that Stevie wanted to throw it onto a Buckingham Nicks re-issue as a bonus track, do a few shows, and kinda cram it into the year that Fleetwood Mac would have been touring in 2013. Lindsey wanted to wait and do it right and not rush through it. Lindsey seemed thrown for a loop that she shows up with a long lost Buckingham Nicks track she wants to work on, yet wasn't open to working on any Fleetwood Mac material just prior to the "get together" they had to work on "Without You"

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...od-mac-233617/

Last edited by BigAl84; 08-02-2023 at 11:04 AM..
Old 08-02-2023, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seriously it shouldn't have been that hard to figure out (at least to reasonable people). They could have remastered BN at the start of the 2003 tour with 2 new tracks, one Stevie and one Lindsey, and performed a mini BN set in the middle of the FM set with Mick and John playing. The music isn't that didn't different to make it sound consistent as one show. The fans would have gone nuts and it would have sold a ton more copies of BN. Of course, and as usual, that didn't happen and now we won't get any new music from the 5 and, more than likely, no remastered BN. At this point so much time has passed very few people still care.

I actually enjoyed the 2003 shows that I saw and those were the last FM shows that I ever saw.
Old 08-02-2023, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Seriously it shouldn't have been that hard to figure out (at least to reasonable people). They could have remastered BN at the start of the 2003 tour with 2 new tracks, one Stevie and one Lindsey, and performed a mini BN set in the middle of the FM set with Mick and John playing. The music isn't that didn't different to make it sound consistent as one show. The fans would have gone nuts and it would have sold a ton more copies of BN. Of course, and as usual, that didn't happen and now we won't get any new music from the 5 and, more than likely, no remastered BN. At this point so much time has passed very few people still care.

I actually enjoyed the 2003 shows that I saw and those were the last FM shows that I ever saw.
And it would've been different enough to do that kind of set in 2013 than what they did in 2003 that Mick easily could have milked another live release out of it to make a fortune by spotlighting that Buckingham Nicks mini set. They're a band of missed opportunities. I will long say that 1998 was the time to strike Buckingham Nicks GOLD but in absence of that, 2013 would have worked quite nicely. Now, who cares indeed. They're so dumb. And she's the leader of the dumb.
Old 08-02-2023, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They were SUPER close to releasing Buckingham Nicks back in 2012/2013. This interview shares both the perspective from both of them. There seems to have been some kind of disagreement with what to do with Without You.

I kinda get the impression that Stevie wanted to throw it onto a Buckingham Nicks re-issue as a bonus track, do a few shows, and kinda cram it into the year that Fleetwood Mac would have been touring in 2013. Lindsey wanted to wait and do it right and not rush through it. Lindsey seemed thrown for a loop that she shows up with a long lost Buckingham Nicks track she wants to work on, yet wasn't open to working on any Fleetwood Mac material just prior to the "get together" they had to work on "Without You"

It was great spending time with Linds. We’re old enough now that we’ve laid down our weapons. We started this whole thing in 1968 and we’re proud of what we’ve done. We look each other in a slightly different light now. It’s a good light.

Clearly not for long.

Question: A lot of your peers have been playing their classic albums straight through on recent tours. Has there been any talk of doing Rumours straight through?

Well, no. But we do a lot of songs from Rumours. If we did that, we would really be left with only a certain amount of time to do the hit songs that people want from all the other records. So that would be a very different tour. That’s not to say we couldn’t do it, but that’s not the tour we’re doing this year. It might be fun at some point though. It might even be a good idea to film that. Then we could talk about each song and all the experiencers that went along with them.

Guess we'll never get that either now. The funny thing is, LB seemed genuinely interested in the possibility.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Thank you for posting this! So interesting to read, even more so now.

A ton of interesting stuff, but I was surprised when Lindsey said he couldn’t imagine a BN tour when the album only had nine songs. I guess Lindsey forgot that he and Stevie did several shows to support the album when it first came out LOL! Even besides the 9 songs on the album, of course they could perform I Don’t Want to Know, Twisted, and other select FM songs that featured Lindsey and Stevie. Heck, even Peacekeeper and Say You Will.

Another surprising tidbit was the interviewer’s great idea to perform each album straight through- except no one pointed out they couldn’t because Christine wasn’t in the band at that time. But one solution would have been to perform the White album and Rumours straight through together- that would have been pretty damn incredible.
Old 08-02-2023, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s such a shame. If those two had some sort of middle man to help figure things out, I wonder what could have happened. Everything was always done through the lense of Fleetwood Mac projects and all of the management and lawyers that went with it. Had they had a third party that would simply help them map out what they wanted and when. Somebody with a background in conflict mediation and artist management.
Old 08-02-2023, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very interesting that Stevie suggested BN shows in between Fm shows. And Lindsey didn't want to do it. But in 2017 when Lindsey suggests doing the same thing for his project she uses it as an excuse to fire him. And then lie to the press. What a load of crap!

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-03-2023, 04:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thank you for posting this! So interesting to read, even more so now.

A ton of interesting stuff, but I was surprised when Lindsey said he couldn’t imagine a BN tour when the album only had nine songs. I guess Lindsey forgot that he and Stevie did several shows to support the album when it first came out LOL! Even besides the 9 songs on the album, of course they could perform I Don’t Want to Know, Twisted, and other select FM songs that featured Lindsey and Stevie. Heck, even Peacekeeper and Say You Will.

Another surprising tidbit was the interviewer’s great idea to perform each album straight through- except no one pointed out they couldn’t because Christine wasn’t in the band at that time. But one solution would have been to perform the White album and Rumours straight through together- that would have been pretty damn incredible.
Why do you think for those tours without Chris that they did not perform a few Buckingham/Nicks songs. When they were touring after SYW and not promoting something big, it would have been the perfect time. I remember thinking that it would have been the perfect time to do Frozen Love, Dont Let Me Down Again, and Crying In The Night.
My hunch it was for the same reason they dont do many deep cuts. They fear the audience will not know the songs. It shows how shallow and superficial the people are that flock to their shows.
Old 08-03-2023, 05:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Why do you think for those tours without Chris that they did not perform a few Buckingham/Nicks songs. When they were touring after SYW and not promoting something big, it would have been the perfect time. I remember thinking that it would have been the perfect time to do Frozen Love, Dont Let Me Down Again, and Crying In The Night.
My hunch it was for the same reason they dont do many deep cuts. They fear the audience will not know the songs. It shows how shallow and superficial the people are that flock to their shows.
I think that was probably why they both thought a separate Buckingham Nicks tour would have been more appropriate- because like you said, some of the audience would not have reacted well to the songs they didn’t know. It was really unfortunate a tour like that never happened- hardcore fans familiar with that material would have been in Heaven. Especially in a more intimate venue. I think many of us would have paid big money to hear them perform that album.

Which reminds me… something else from the interview that really caught my eye was Lindsey’s reaction to Stevie’s idea that some of the other original band join them on that tour, including Waddy. Lindsey’s reaction was perfectly fine if perhaps surprised, but I wonder how he really would have felt with a guitarist like Waddy also on stage? I know there’s always an extra guitarist with FM when they tour, but usually in the background. Waddy is not one to stay in the background, though. It would be similar to if one of the background singers got to stand between Stevie and Lindsey- no way Stevie would like or agree to that. Likewise, I think it would understandably be hard on Lindsey to share a stage with Waddy. Not because Waddy would outshine Lindsey (because he couldn’t) but just having another guitarist roaming around the stage would be uncomfortable.
Old 08-03-2023, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t think Lindsey necessarily had an issue with Waddy, it kinda sounded like he was just shocked…not only did they finally seem to agree to release the album, but she also wanted to tour with the original band!? With her being completely MIA on all projects with him outside of FM, it must of been an out of left field who are you!? moment.