Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
All of this

What I truly don't understand is... why wouldn't Stevie want to do a record with the fivesome upon Christine's return? It just seems to me that's immediately what you'd want to do. Forget her being pissed at the record industry. None of them needed whatever pennies comes from record sales nowadays. Why not do it just for the joy? Do it for one another? Do it for the "fans"? *siiiigh*
She had nothing to contribute. It would have been all old stuff and that would’ve been known and In contrast to Chris and Lindsey who, IMO, had some
Of their best songs in decades. She has spun such a horrible tale about recording Say You Will and she simply has refused to record with Lindsey ever again. You could probably trace a ton of this back to that stupid Bob Dylan comment if we’re being honest. Sounds stupid but she’s been carrying a major grudge for over 20 years now with her varying stories of woah is me
Old 07-31-2023, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

Did anyone catch how he called out Lindsey for not being a founding member of the band and not once mentioned the same thing about Stevie. Incredible.
So dumb. Stevie, Lindsey, Christine, and hell, even John McFnVie could all be included in that grouping!
Old 07-31-2023, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Do you think Stevie was jealous of OR resented the Buckingham McVie album? Did Lindsey do the BuckVie project out of spite for Stevie? How did Chris feel about being caught in the crossfire?

In addition, I always wondered why Stevie, Mick, John, and Lindsey could be called "Fleetwood Mac" -- but Christine, Mick, John, and Lindsey could NOT be called "Fleetwood Mac".

Poor Chris. Selling the English countryside home, coming out of retirement, and then to be reeled back into the same old toxic drama.
Considering Lindsey recorded material in the specific keys that work best for Stevie, I don’t think any of it was resentment. He bent over backwards to accommodate her and she wanted none of it.

It’s really something when you think about what she did. She denied Christine the opportunity to make one last album with the group as a whole, she denied Lindsey and final farewell tour with Christine, she dragged the entire band into a major conflict that was largely between her and Lindsey.

She also screwed over Brett Tuggle in the middle of her power tantrum as well. A touring musician simply trying to make a living. Rest in peace, Brett.

Oh and the best part ? All in the name of a greatest hits tour that wound up starting well after Lindsey’s initial delay period. All for absolutely NOTHING.

Last edited by BigAl84; 07-31-2023 at 07:16 PM..
Old 07-31-2023, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
So dumb. Stevie, Lindsey, Christine, and hell, even John McFnVie could all be included in that grouping!
Everyone sucks up to the old goat. God forbid you don't.

Old nasty pos...
Old 07-31-2023, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh and the best part ? All in the name of a greatest hits tour that wound up starting well after Lindsey’s initial delay. All for absolutely NOTHING.
You’re going to rile up the “i loved the 2018 show I saw. Neil was so awesome on Hypnotized. Loved seeing everyone so HaPpY! And Mike Campbell is a legend!” People.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Everyone sucks up to the old goat. God forbid you don't.

Old nasty pos...
Pretty sure the only people who don’t kiss her rump were: her parents, Lindsey (although he certainly did his fair share of coming close in the last 15 years), and Tom Petty.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You’re going to rile up the “i loved the 2018 show I saw. Neil was so awesome on Hypnotized. Loved seeing everyone so HaPpY! And Mike Campbell is a legend!” People.
JFC I already feel like the Lewis Black of Fleetwood Mac fans at this point, don’t tempt me into another rant…
Old 07-31-2023, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She had nothing to contribute. It would have been all old stuff and that would’ve been known and In contrast to Chris and Lindsey who, IMO, had some
Of their best songs in decades. She has spun such a horrible tale about recording Say You Will and she simply has refused to record with Lindsey ever again. You could probably trace a ton of this back to that stupid Bob Dylan comment if we’re being honest. Sounds stupid but she’s been carrying a major grudge for over 20 years now with her varying stories of woah is me
The minute Stevie started complaining in an interview that the 2009 Fleetwood Mac tour was “benign” and “missing something” because her and Lindsey ::gasp:: didn’t have any conflicts….I knew then that she thrived on Fleetwood Mac / Lindsey drama. I immediately started questioning everything because when somebody feeds off drama like that, they will go to any end to create the drama if it’s not being provided for them.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The minute Stevie started complaining in an interview that the 2009 Fleetwood Mac tour was “benign” and “missing something” because her and Lindsey ::gasp:: didn’t have any conflicts….I knew then that she thrived on Fleetwood Mac / Lindsey drama. I immediately started questioning everything because when somebody feeds off drama like that, they will go to any end to create the drama if it’s not being provided for them.
Yep. Exactly. It was like she couldn’t understand how he just wanted to go out and put on a good show and not worry about rehashing their tired drama. Probably where Lindsey’s focus on his then young family and not on her nonsense really started to irk her.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
JFC I already feel like the Lewis Black of Fleetwood Mac fans at this point, don’t tempt me into another rant…
Oh come on! Do it! Let me see…

Mike Campbell playing the riff on that little piano on Gypsy was so fun!
Go Your Own Way was much better with the key raised back up without a Lindsey there to ruin it.
Black Magic WOMAN allowed to be played to honor Stevie and Peter now that Lindsey was gone!
All Over Again > Songbird
Old 07-31-2023, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she knows deep down inside that he and Christine both had something to offer, even in their final years of working together. BuckVie was widely well received by music fans, the press etc. Those two were still able to be working artists. Stevie is now a legacy act based upon her work from 20-30+ years ago and now she’s stuck with that legacy act schtick.

She’s apparently so embarrassed by her 80s solo work that she won’t even acknowledge her latest career spanning album box set. I guess it makes sense since she uses all her Fleetwood Mac songs to sell solo tickets.

Last edited by BigAl84; 07-31-2023 at 07:44 PM..
Old 07-31-2023, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She’s apparently so embarrassed by her 80s solo work that she won’t even acknowledge her latest career spanning album box set. I guess it makes sense since she uses all her Fleetwood Mac songs to sell solo tickets.
Her solo show has basically become rehashing the same Bella Donna and Wild Heart songs with the occasional Trouble in Shangri-La tune tossed in. If I was to sit through a show I’d rather hear Rooms on Fire, I Can’t Wait, or Long Way to Go than tired versions of Gypsy, Sara, and Rhiannon.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I had several phone interactions with Dennis. Class act personified. I think I high-fived him at a Zoo show as I was leaving the venue. He even did a follow-up call after I sent Mick a VHS of Peter playing with Kolors at Rockpalast in 1985 (which also included the Rock Concert with Bob Welch).

Got some fan club stuff as a gift.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-01-2023, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought it interesting but not surprising that Dennis admitted Stevie loved Micks book but it was better drama if she said she didn't. So fake and phoney. Obviously they care what they spun to the fans as long as it kept them in the spotlight

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-01-2023, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I thought it interesting but not surprising that Dennis admitted Stevie loved Micks book but it was better drama if she said she didn't. So fake and phoney. Obviously they care what they spun to the fans as long as it kept them in the spotlight
Interesting. She claims she never read it because she knew the story anyway. But even Mick wrote in his book that when she found out he was writing a book she demanded to know what was in it. Their affair was never revealed before. When he refused to tell her, she threatened legal action. But I suppose she read it and had no issues with him making her look foolish several times in it? He did not hold back.
Stevie threatened to leave the band if Lindsey's shacking up line was left in GYOW
Stevie threatened to leave the band if the album was called Tusk
Stevie dropped acid and could not find the airport to pick Mick up in Hawaii
Stevie threatened to tell Rolling Stone she had nothing to do with Tango In The Night
Stevie fell off the stage several times during her dizzy coke spins on the RAL tour
Stevie fell for the band's gag on Don Henley's card on her roses

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-01-2023 at 08:30 AM..