Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-31-2023, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Dennis Dunstun interview

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4Ys...TkODnCnxyAN46Q

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 07-31-2023, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just listened to this podcast and it is very informative. Dennis was with FM for many years and helped manage the band til 1997. He has great stories to tell from past and present, plus a lot of great info about the music business in general. The most surprising thing and there are several, was that Mick went to Australia to visit Dennis 6 months before letting Lindsey go and asked his advice about Neil Finn. Mike Campbell had already been tapped by Stevie. Which is much earlier than I thought. Dennis was told Lindsey wanted to delay the tour to work on a solo project and that with Lindsey nothing gets done quickly. Also that Stevie didn't want to work with him anymore, which we already knew.

Old 07-31-2023, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Thanks for posting. Dennis was very close with the band. I can only imagine the stories he could tell. Not that it matters but his interview reveals Buckingham's termination was crafted much earlier than we thought.
Did not Stevie say she never hired Mike or suggested him in some defense of the Buckingham firing debacle? No one believed that anyway.
Witchy woman sowed those seeds early on she was out unless Lindsey was gone.

My favorite Dennis scene is the Red Rocks RAL concert where Stevie is running around slapping hands back stage and he is trying to get her on stage. He has to grab her and point where the stage is.
Old 07-31-2023, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was over for Lindsey the minute he and the rest of the band decided to release the BuckVie project without Stevie. Before Christine's return, Lindsey/Mick/John could jam all they want and ask Stevie to participate until the cows came home, but they really didn't have a Fleetwood Mac project unless Stevie decided to join. Those dynamics completely changed the minute Christine returned and I personally think Stevie knew what was coming from the minute Christine returned and knew what she wanted to do.

Also...nothing gets done quickly with Lindsey? As if Stevie Nicks and Mick Fleetwood are the king and queens of productivity. Those two can eat sh*t in a dog bowl.

Bless Christine for choosing to return, what a treat for fans. She had to have been rolling her eyes to realize the shear amount of drama still going on within the band upon her return.

Last edited by BigAl84; 07-31-2023 at 03:52 PM..
Old 07-31-2023, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
It was over for Lindsey the minute he and the rest of the band decided to release the BuckVie project without Stevie. Before Christine's return, Lindsey/Mick/John could jam all they want and ask Stevie to participate until the cows came home, but they really didn't have a Fleetwood Mac project unless Stevie decided to join. Those dynamics completely changed the minute Christine returned and I personally think Stevie knew what was coming from the minute Christine returned and knew what she wanted to do.

Also...nothing gets done quickly with Lindsey? As if Stevie Nicks and Mick Fleetwood are the king and queens of productivity. Those two can eat sh*t in a dog bowl.

Bless Christine for choosing to return, what a treat for fans. She had to have been rolling her eyes to realize the shear amount of drama still going on within the band upon her return.
I'd like to buy you a beer and a shot, sir.
Old 07-31-2023, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After the band put him in charge of security for the 1979 tour, Dennis said that he fired most of the existing security crew — except Greg Thomason (Christie’s then-husband). So who were the guys who were fired? Wayne Cody continued to work for the band through the eighties. Security for 1979 should be listed in the TUSK tour book.

I bet Dennis would do a Q&A on this site if he could market his HSCC tribute group (who have dozens of videos on YouTube). For this podcast, he was forced to share more industry practice than band stories. But if we got him for a Q&A, we could all monetize HSCC videos.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-31-2023, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i listened to most of it last night.

my favorite part is Dennis saying how Mick is so smart in business (or something to that effect) and that Tusk tour bankruptcy was not Mick's fault.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-31-2023, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was over for Lindsey the minute he and the rest of the band decided to release the BuckVie project without Stevie.
Do you think Stevie was jealous of OR resented the Buckingham McVie album? Did Lindsey do the BuckVie project out of spite for Stevie? How did Chris feel about being caught in the crossfire?

In addition, I always wondered why Stevie, Mick, John, and Lindsey could be called "Fleetwood Mac" -- but Christine, Mick, John, and Lindsey could NOT be called "Fleetwood Mac".

Poor Chris. Selling the English countryside home, coming out of retirement, and then to be reeled back into the same old toxic drama.
Old 07-31-2023, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree. I think Chris coming back to the band was the beginning of the end. And it was not hing she did, it was a power struggle between Stevie and Lindsey.

Old 07-31-2023, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
In addition, I always wondered why Stevie, Mick, John, and Lindsey could be called "Fleetwood Mac" -- but Christine, Mick, John, and Lindsey could NOT be called "Fleetwood Mac".
Because Mick and John allowed Stevie to call the shots and her threat of not touring with them again was used to ensure BuckVie was not Fleetwood Mac despite literally including Fleetwood, two Mac’s, and a Buckingham. They knew she put the asses in seats and with that album basically capitulated to her (and Irving) that she is Fleetwood Mac.

I guarantee Stevie not only had no material to contribute, but she had no interest because of how horrible she’s spun the recording of Say You Will years prior. And the audacity that Lindsey and Chris had to release their silly little album without her and turn her own interviews into questions about their album and “premise” further infuriated her. Then add in that she feels some odd ownership of Lindsey and is on record of being jealous of his “musical partnership” with Christine going back to the first days of their time in Fleetwood Mac. This set her off. In 2014-15, the dynamic had shifted and there was less and less focus on the Stevie and Lindsey show. Who got the biggest cheers on that tour? It was Christine. IMO all of this further fueled Stevie’s resentment and anger and finally using Christine being back to stick it to Buckingham once and for all. You can tour Fleetwood Mac without Chris. You can tour it without Lindsey. But she knew damn well they would never at this point give up the high life that touring with her allowed. Hearing that this goes back long before 2018 is the least shocking thing I’ve heard in the last five years.
Old 07-31-2023, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i listened to most of it last night.

my favorite part is Dennis saying how Mick is so smart in business (or something to that effect) and that Tusk tour bankruptcy was not Mick's fault.
He must be auditioning for a stand up act in Sydney.
Old 07-31-2023, 06:28 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

All of this

What I truly don't understand is... why wouldn't Stevie want to do a record with the fivesome upon Christine's return? It just seems to me that's immediately what you'd want to do. Forget her being pissed at the record industry. None of them needed whatever pennies comes from record sales nowadays. Why not do it just for the joy? Do it for one another? Do it for the "fans"? *siiiigh*
Old 07-31-2023, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do it for the fans…..haha this is the woman who refuses to sign autographs and if you happen to get past Karen she insists that it’s inscribed because she got pissed about people making a buck off her autograph on eBay.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And wow…all of these people in the past 10 years or so who have come out of the woodwork to schlep books or whatever their latest project to say BS like “I love Lindsey to death BUT…”

Did anyone catch how he called out Lindsey for not being a founding member of the band and not once mentioned the same thing about Stevie. Incredible.

He did say what we’ve been saying all along - as long as Mick and Stevie are in the band everyone else is replaceable….and to think this guy was at Christine’s memorial!?

Mick and Stevie must be real proud of themselves. What a pair of washed up junkies whose narcissism never ended when the drugs ended.

Last edited by BigAl84; 07-31-2023 at 07:07 PM..
Old 07-31-2023, 07:07 PM

Quote:

From everything I've heard thru different channels, this is all pretty spot on.
Don't know about the **** in the dog bowl, but I'll take your word for it.