The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-23-2023, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The past is the past, but I think if they can manage one last tour and do it in a way that will honor Christine's musical contributions, then that's better than nothing. As the article suggests, Stevie and Lindsey can put aside their differences and hate each other when they go to their nursing homes.

I would go to a show if Lindsey comes back and it's the last chance I'll ever get to see them again live. If they want to bring someone to play keyboards and help out with some of Christine's songs, why not?

And I bet my last dollar that those of you on here bawling and bashing Stevie over all of this, you know you're going to be sitting on YouTube watching all the shows whether you want to admit it or not, so chill out.
Old 07-23-2023, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrrby View Post
The past is the past, but I think if they can manage one last tour and do it in a way that will honor Christine's musical contributions, then that's better than nothing. As the article suggests, Stevie and Lindsey can put aside their differences and hate each other when they go to their nursing homes.

I would go to a show if Lindsey comes back and it's the last chance I'll ever get to see them again live. If they want to bring someone to play keyboards and help out with some of Christine's songs, why not?

And I bet my last dollar that those of you on here bawling and bashing Stevie over all of this, you know you're going to be sitting on YouTube watching all the shows whether you want to admit it or not, so chill out.
This is the WORST IDEA EVER.

Veto!
Old 07-23-2023, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

For the love of Lindsey... I am so confuddled by Steve's point.

A one-to-one comparison between John McVie in relation to Fleetwood Mac versus Brett Tuggle in relation to Lindsey's solo bands is just plain disingenuous.

Steve is always banging on about the holy trinity of Mick-John-Christine being the defining core of Fleetwood Mac. John is literally half the band's namesake, has played on the lion's share of Fleetwood Mac's studio album tracks, and together with Mick has constituted the only unchanging core stage membership of the group since its inception (bar a few weeks with Brunning).

Brett, on the other hand, while often a key backing performer in Fleetwood Mac tours and Stevie and Lindsey solo tours over the years, only played on a handful of studio tracks from Lindsey solo albums, and given Lindsey's spotty and relatively brief solo touring history, could only be considered a 'core member' of the on-stage group if you hand-pick certain tours. (None of this is to diminish Brett's relationship or legacy vis-a-vis Lindsey, but to clarify the utterly different context compared to John and Fleetwood Mac.)

And before Steve trots out the point that Lindsey was keen to tour in 2003 without Christine, needless to say that was a completely different situation yet again. Christine had voluntarily retired and did not wish to go on tour. She was not ill and looking to recover before returning to tour. She did not seem to begrudge them carrying on touring without her (nor would it be like her to do so) and sent the band flowers on opening night wishing them well. In other words, they had her blessings to proceed as they did.
Old 07-23-2023, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
And before Steve trots out the point that Lindsey was keen to tour in 2003 without Christine
I wasn’t going to mention Christine when she was retired. The band had every right to continue without her. There’s no reason to begrudge anyone.

Just as there wouldn’t have been a reason to begrudge the band for doing the Oceania leg without John (provided it was with his blessing, of course). Lots of bands have to fill out dates with a substitute while a member is recovering. Were Christine, John, Stevie, and Lindsey being disloyal to Mick when they had Steve play drums on GYOW after Mick got too sick to finish the show?

It was no grand act of loyalty decided against going to Oceania without John considering Christine was coming back and they’d be going there in a couple of years with the full lineup.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-24-2023, 07:37 AM

They should just retire gracefully, or do their solo gigs. Period.
Old 07-24-2023, 07:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They should just retire gracefully, or do their solo gigs. Period.
I'm far more open to this idea. Beyond a one-off reunion with most of the surviving members as a final sendoff, Fleetwood Mac can cap off their activity now. Even with some of the notable misteps that have transpired over the past few years, their legacy is still largely intact when looking at the big picture. The majority of the American public is likely unaware that the 2018 lineup even existed and simply know Fleetwood Mac for the Rumours era material, which is the band's legacy at this point.

Last edited by WalkAThinLine.; 07-24-2023 at 08:03 AM..
Old 07-24-2023, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick should put together a touring blues band of big names and add a Christine tribute section to the show. Have Lindsey come out and do Oh Well etc. That would be more interesting at this point than some sort of reboot of 2013 Fleetwood Mac.
Old 07-24-2023, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Mick should put together a touring blues band of big names and add a Christine tribute section to the show. Have Lindsey come out and do Oh Well etc. That would be more interesting at this point than some sort of reboot of 2013 Fleetwood Mac.
Valid point, but the idea of seeing Lindsey back with FM but singing Oh Well would be such a disappointment to me. I’d want to hear Go Your Own Way, especially with Mick on drums. Oh Well would be more of a tribute to Peter Green than Christine McVie. And could a tour with big names really be feasible, as opposed to a one time tribute gig? Lindsey, Mick, Rick, Billy, and Stevie would be a must, and John too, if he’d be willing. I’m curious who some of the big names are you’d like to see.
Old 07-24-2023, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Valid point, but the idea of seeing Lindsey back with FM but singing Oh Well would be such a disappointment to me. I’d want to hear Go Your Own Way, especially with Mick on drums. Oh Well would be more of a tribute to Peter Green than Christine McVie. And could a tour with big names really be feasible, as opposed to a one time tribute gig? Lindsey, Mick, Rick, Billy, and Stevie would be a must, and John too, if he’d be willing. I’m curious who some of the big names are you’d like to see.
I vote for Bekka to sing Gold Dust Woman
Old 07-24-2023, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I vote for Bekka to sing Gold Dust Woman
That would go over so well!!
Old 07-24-2023, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Most people weren't buying Lindsey Buckingham tickets to see Brett Tuggle just as most people weren't buying Stevie Nicks tickets to see Sharon Celani who was replaced with prerecorded vocals this year.
is Sharon OK? do we know why was she not on tour?

I cannot even start to imagine the year it must have been for Lindsey, with all these people who were as close as family to him, Brett, Rick and Christine, passing in close succession.

I am glad Brett got to do what he loved till almost the last minute, and that Lindsey was happy to provide any accommodation he needed to be able to do that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-24-2023, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
is Sharon OK? do we know why was she not on tour?

I cannot even start to imagine the year it must have been for Lindsey, with all these people who were as close as family to him, Brett, Rick and Christine, passing in close succession.

I am glad Brett got to do what he loved till almost the last minute, and that Lindsey was happy to provide any accommodation he needed to be able to do that.
She’s fine Elle. She was absent at the last show before a long break but I was stunned to hear her prerecorded voice playing.
Old 07-24-2023, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Well, my point was if he put together a blues band I wouldn't want to hear Go Your Own Way!

Ringo has been able to put together an all star band for 30+ years.
Old 07-24-2023, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the idea of a Mick putting together an all star band. I have every solo album he has released and everyone is fantastic. “Fleetwood Mac” is DONE!
Old 07-24-2023, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I love the idea of a Mick putting together an all star band. I have every solo album he has released and everyone is fantastic. “Fleetwood Mac” is DONE!
I suggested this months ago.