Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-22-2023, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
SteveMacDonald.
Hey, no need for dead names. (Wasn’t right, anyway )

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-22-2023, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Stevie is my favorite member. And as someone who's given her my money for decades, I'm just disappointed in the path she took after the promises she made to her die hard fans during the In Your Dreams and 24 Karat Gold Tours.

I went to see Stevie in June, just to see her. And I wasn't happy with the setlist. But I still love her.
I’m surprised you saw her in June, and I’m really sorry about the setlist being so lackluster, which I totally agree with you on. I think I read somewhere that her 24 Karat Gold tour was her favorite, so I’m thinking that’s why she kept virtually the exact same setlist. It’s really unfortunate she she did that.

I’m disappointed in many of the decisions Stevie has made, too, but not enough to react much. Lindsey walked out on the band in 1987 and I still bought his solo album; Christine quit touring with FM after the Dance and I bought her solo album; Lindsey wouldn’t let Christine record with them on Say You Will, and that one REALLY ticked me off, but I still bought the album and saw the tour; and Stevie said “it’s me or Lindsey” and the band said “Stevie” and I still saw that tour. And really, if folks are really ticked about something a band member has done, by all means boycott the tour or album or whatever.

When 4 of the Go-Go’s kicked Kathy Valentine out and she sued them, I refused to see them live for that tour. I didn’t get on a message board and whine about how much I hated either party on EVERY posting or thread. UnwindedDreams, you do not do that. You state your opinion about the matter but not in EVERY thread, EVERY post. You can post in a thread about your favorite Stevie song and not say “I hate Stevie because she destroyed FM.” That’s very refreshing!
Old 07-22-2023, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m surprised you saw her in June, and I’m really sorry about the setlist being so lackluster, which I totally agree with you on. I think I read somewhere that her 24 Karat Gold tour was her favorite, so I’m thinking that’s why she kept virtually the exact same setlist. It’s really unfortunate she she did that.

I’m disappointed in many of the decisions Stevie has made, too, but not enough to react much. Lindsey walked out on the band in 1987 and I still bought his solo album; Christine quit touring with FM after the Dance and I bought her solo album; Lindsey wouldn’t let Christine record with them on Say You Will, and that one REALLY ticked me off, but I still bought the album and saw the tour; and Stevie said “it’s me or Lindsey” and the band said “Stevie” and I still saw that tour. And really, if folks are really ticked about something a band member has done, by all means boycott the tour or album or whatever.

When 4 of the Go-Go’s kicked Kathy Valentine out and she sued them, I refused to see them live for that tour. I didn’t get on a message board and whine about how much I hated either party on EVERY posting or thread. UnwindedDreams, you do not do that. You state your opinion about the matter but not in EVERY thread, EVERY post. You can post in a thread about your favorite Stevie song and not say “I hate Stevie because she destroyed FM.” That’s very refreshing!
I for sure was in joy just to be at a Stevie concert again, but the setlist was a letdown. It actually wasn't a lot like 24 Karat Gold Tour - no Gold and Braid, 24 Karat Gold songs, Crying in the Night, New Orleans, Annabel Lee. And of course no covers on the 24 K Tour.

I did the 2018 Tour too. I didn't boycott it. I've made it clear my feelings on the set as a Stevie fan.

Basically, I've just had it with Stevie reneging on her promises about setlists and new songs. But she'll always be my favorite.
Old 07-22-2023, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Based on what, though? Mick and Lindsey have both talked about reconciling and expressed an interest in working together, acknowledging that it would probably be outside of Fleetwood Mac.

If John WANTED to do the project, that would be one thing. But John’s made it pretty clear that he’s done.

How effing noble of him. Too bad he wasn’t that loyal to Brett.

Of course, by the time John was diagnosed, Christine’s return was imminent, so why bother playing Oceania with a substitute bass player when they’d be going down there in a couple of years with the full Rumours lineup? Still, they needed a plan B in case they couldn’t get out of their contract.

However, if Christine’s return hadn’t been imminent and Fleetwood Mac looked to be going on hiatus for three years or worse, maybe he would have simply replaced John with a prerecord, just like Brett.
What? Please explain.
Old 07-22-2023, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I did the 2018 Tour too. I didn't boycott it. I've made it clear my feelings on the set as a Stevie fan.

Basically, I've just had it with Stevie reneging on her promises about setlists and new songs.
Yes, I definitely agree her lack of follow through with virtually anything is frustrating. Bur after hearing her newer stuff, I’m ok with Stevie not releasing new material, unless it’s collaborating with other folks like Maroon 5 and others.

Also, just to be clear, if people are angry or frustrated with Stevie, I appreciate they have the right to boycott her. It’s the other things I mentioned that get old.
Old 07-22-2023, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey, no need for dead names. (Wasn’t right, anyway )
Sorry about that, SteveMacD!
Old 07-22-2023, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry about that, SteveMacD!
The less said about that, the better.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-22-2023, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
What? Please explain.
He put in prerecords and continued with his tour last year after Brett had to leave the tour.

ETA for context:

It’s just pretty convenient to say Lindsey “stood by John” when John’s prognosis was good and Christine’s return was imminent. However, when Brett had to leave Lindsey’s last solo tour because he was dying, Lindsey just put the prerecords in and carried on.

John went along with Lindsey’s firing; Brett stayed on through the first rehearsals with Neil and Mike, spoke up on Lindsey’s behalf, and got fired for it.

When there was almost certain guaranteed money later, we can wait. When people have moved on, so will we.

#loyalty

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 07-22-2023 at 11:05 PM..
Old 07-22-2023, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He put in prerecords and continued with his tour last year after Brett had to leave the tour.

ETA for context:

It’s just pretty convenient to say Lindsey “stood by John” when John’s prognosis was good and Christine’s return was imminent. However, when Brett had to leave Lindsey’s last solo tour because he was dying, Lindsey just put the prerecords in and carried on.

John went along with Lindsey’s firing; Brett stayed on through the first rehearsals with Neil and Mike, spoke up on Lindsey’s behalf, and got fired for it.

When there was almost certain guaranteed money later, we can wait. When people have moved on, so will we.

#loyalty
Perhaps Brett did not wish for them to cancel the tour?

Cancelling the tour would not have aided Brett, who was terminally ill at that point after having been through treatment for some time. Also, no one knows how Lindsey took Brett's death, and no one can judge how another person grieves. Maybe he felt it best for himself, and for the others in his band, to carry on. As for money, yeah, FM can make up dates and pay back money that promoters might lose when shows are cancelled. Lindsey solo? Probably not. Lots of considerations.

Yes Brett got fired by FM but that had nothing to do with Lindsey.... it actually had to do with Stevie.... who would have been fine carrying on without John, so I'm not sure your point there.
Old 07-22-2023, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As for money, yeah, FM can make up dates and pay back money that promoters might lose when shows are cancelled. Lindsey solo? Probably not. Lots of considerations.
Yep, and loyalty isn’t one of them.

Quote:
Yes Brett got fired by FM but that had nothing to do with Lindsey.... it actually had to do with Stevie.... who would have been fine carrying on without John, so I'm not sure your point there.
Brett totally got fired for sticking up for Lindsey. He even said as much.

However, as you’ve just demonstrated, Lindsey’s sense of loyalty related to canceling shows is situational and has nothing to do with integrity. That’s just smoke, which is actually my point.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-23-2023, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

ETA for context:

#loyalty
Brett was in tour rehearsals and then wound up in the hospital on the eve of opening night of Lindsey’s tour. It wasn’t some premeditated decision to replace Brett with digital tracks.
Old 07-23-2023, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Brett was in tour rehearsals and then wound up in the hospital on the eve of opening night of Lindsey’s tour. It wasn’t some premeditated decision to replace Brett with digital tracks.
Didn’t say it was.

ETA: Just as going to Oceania without John in 2013 wouldn’t have been premeditated.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-23-2023, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
See, this comment confuses me… you acknowledge FM fired Brett, but specifically say it was Stevie’s doing. Even if Stevie wanted to fire Brett, Christine, Mick, and John could have said “no way” but they didn’t. I don’t think Stevie would have refused to tour if he hadn’t been fired, especially since Neil and Tom were on board. But Christine, John, and Mick agreed to fire Brett. It’s common for folks to be fired or let go all the time in real life, so FM had the right to hire who they wanted. Fortunately Lindsey immediately hired Brett for his tour, but the point is, it was a group decision to let Brett go, no matter whose idea it was, so shouldn’t anyone’s anger or disappointment in Stevie for that decision be expanded to include John, Mick, and Christine?
Old 07-23-2023, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

ETA for context:

#loyalty
Didn't the guy Michael Kianka play Brett's parts when Brett couldn't play?

I wonder if it was known that Brett had only a few months to live and that's why the tour continued until Lindsey and other members of the company got COVID.
When Danny Federici was diagnosed with melanoma right during Bruce's Magic Tour, Bruce hired Charlie Giordano because Bruce knew Danny had limited months left. Thankfully I got to see some early shows with Danny on that tour.

While every member of FM, except Neil and Mike, "went along" with Lindsey's firing, there was talk here that John was very angry about it and Mick had to talk to him about it. And I believe Lindsey when he said Christine emailed him that she had nothing to do with it, plus in one of her final interviews she said Neil and Mike were great, but I'd always want Lindsey back.

And if I'm being honest, if it was Stevie who didn't want to tour Australia because John was undergoing treatment, the sentiment would would be she was loyal to John.
Old 07-23-2023, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Perhaps Brett did not wish for them to cancel the tour?

Cancelling the tour would not have aided Brett, who was terminally ill at that point after having been through treatment for some time. Also, no one knows how Lindsey took Brett's death, and no one can judge how another person grieves. Maybe he felt it best for himself, and for the others in his band, to carry on. As for money, yeah, FM can make up dates and pay back money that promoters might lose when shows are cancelled. Lindsey solo? Probably not. Lots of considerations.
And Lindsey's shows may not be profitable as is. I love Brett, and I prefer him to Ricky Peterson in FM. Most people weren't buying Lindsey Buckingham tickets to see Brett Tuggle just as most people weren't buying Stevie Nicks tickets to see Sharon Celani who was replaced with prerecorded vocals this year.