The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2023, 07:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac could reunite with Lindsey Buckingham for on last reunion tour

https://www.showbiz411.com/2023/07/2...t-reunion-tour
Old 07-20-2023, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Little by little all the 70s bands are planning farewell reunion tours. (...) Now I’m hearing that Fleetwood Mac may be next. There is even talk, sources say per Mick Fleetwood, of reuniting with Lindsey Buckingham, who was fired from the group a couple of years ago. (...) John McVie retired from touring. Fleetwood Mac now would just be Mick and Stevie. They need Lindsay Buckingham, writer of many of their hits, to get on board.
I'm hearing sources (per voices in my head) say "Lindsay" should stay on his solo wagon and let Mick and Stevie sort out the embarassment they got themselves into.
Old 07-20-2023, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I'm hearing sources (per voices in my head) say "Lindsay" should stay on his solo wagon and let Mick and Stevie sort out the embarassment they got themselves into.
I really don’t believe for one second that Lindsey would want to do anything with FM now that Christine is dead. Before, yes, I can believe he would have been willing to record or tour with them again; but not without Christine. And Stevie has made it clear she was never going to record with FM again anyway, so she’s not embarrassed in the least. She made it clear in actions more than words.

I can see possibly a tribute concert for Christine, but that seems less likely with every passing day.
Old 07-20-2023, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
And Stevie has made it clear she was never going to record with FM again anyway, so she’s not embarrassed in the least. She made it clear in actions more than words.
Will she make a solo album? Or sing the oldies and cover songs for the years to come?
Old 07-20-2023, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Will she make a solo album? Or sing the oldies and cover songs for the years to come?
I don’t know what’s going through her head. When she participated in the rerelease of Bella Donna and the Wild Heart, I thought “oh, ok, she doesn’t want to record anymore but she seems invested in rereleasing her solo stuff.” And the label did a really great job with the rereleases- no vinyl, just CDs with all the extras and interesting liner notes. But then she quit that and focused on her 24 Karat Gold concert video and released Show Them the Way, which was horrible. Now she seems focused solely on touring and was content to let the record label remaster the remainder of her solo albums in one package, rather than give each CD the individual attention some of them deserved (Rock a Little, Other Side/Mirror, Trouble in Shangri-La, for example). No way am I going to pay $100 for remastered CDs that I didn’t like the first time around, but if they decide to release the remastered CDs individually, I’m more than happy to buy some of them.

So I guess I’d say she’s going to stick to the oldies with occasional cover songs.
Old 07-20-2023, 10:48 PM
Ledgie

My natural reaction to rumors of Linsey reuniting with Fleetwood Mac for a farewell tour would be that will happen “When Hell freezes over.”

But seeing the announcement and ticket sales for the Eagles “Long Goodbye” farewell tour, and the astronomical ticket prices for it, and how much the band members must be netting, makes me think twice about that famous phrase the Eagles used decades ago… and did make me wonder about the idea of Fleetwood Mac with Lindsey.

They have the same manager (Irving Azoff - “He’s Satan, but he’s our Satan”) and big money talks.

I also believe that above all, and despite the crap that happened with the band firing him, Lindsey cares about the legacy of the band, and I could imagine him setting aside differences with Stevie to do a farewell tour.

Will probably happen when Hell Freezes Over… but I’m sort of thinking tonight about the rumors in this article: “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire…”

Last edited by deluge; 07-20-2023 at 10:50 PM..
Old 07-21-2023, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluge View Post
I also believe that above all, and despite the crap that happened with the band firing him, Lindsey cares about the legacy of the band, and I could imagine him setting aside differences with Stevie to do a farewell tour.

Will probably happen when Hell Freezes Over… but I’m sort of thinking tonight about the rumors in this article: “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire…”
god, please let it be over. They're 100. Lindsey was fired. Christine is DEAD.
ANYTHING beyond this is just f*cking PATHETIC.
Old 07-21-2023, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just looked at The Eagles tour dates..there is no way John could/would do a similar tour.
It would just about kill him off.
There are too many dates, too close together.
Old 07-21-2023, 03:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I always said it would happen. But Chris's passing changed my mind. Fleetwood Mac is not Fleetwood Mac without Chris. Did not John say he was done. I just dont see the point except one last cash grab. Stevie is already on the road performing the same Fleetwood Mac songs she would perform with them. Lastly how insulting to the legacy for Stevie to do an about face and tour with Lindsey after destroying the legacy of the band when Chris was alive and able to tour and perform.
God help us all.
Old 07-21-2023, 05:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Lastly how insulting to the legacy for Stevie to do an about face and tour with Lindsey after destroying the legacy of the band when Chris was alive and able to tour and perform.
God help us all.
You had me right up until your last statement. Fleetwood Mac’s legacy was not destroyed. They’re still considered to be one of the most successful bands ever. Rumours is still going to sell to new generations, like it always has. For all intents and purposes, Lindsey’s firing at the tail end of their run didn’t destroy their legacy, of which Lindsey is a huge part of. I’m not saying his firing didn’t impact their legacy, but I am saying it didn’t destroy it. I would even say most folks consider Lindsey a member, and not Neil or Mike.
Old 07-21-2023, 06:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
You had me right up until your last statement. Fleetwood Mac’s legacy was not destroyed. They’re still considered to be one of the most successful bands ever. Rumours is still going to sell to new generations, like it always has. For all intents and purposes, Lindsey’s firing at the tail end of their run didn’t destroy their legacy, of which Lindsey is a huge part of. I’m not saying his firing didn’t impact their legacy, but I am saying it didn’t destroy it. I would even say most folks consider Lindsey a member, and not Neil or Mike.
We have a right to differ. If Stevie goes back its her guilty conscience about how she is blamed for a crash landing legacy.
I know we will all get the "this is what Chris would have wanted" blah blah blah.
I was watching that CBS interview with Chris during OWTS rehearsals. She was talking how they recorded songs and expected the band to release an album next year. Stevie backed out of the album and then could not stop the tour because contracts were signed. She robbed the band of a final album and goodbye tour.

Just when you thought it could not get any worse. Clearly Mick is broke again and the auction money went poof.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-21-2023 at 06:43 AM..
Old 07-21-2023, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This just sounds like something Mick expressed as a wish - that he’d like to reunite with Lindsey and tour - because of course he would. There’s no reason to think, at least from what we’re given here, that things have progressed at all beyond that.

That said, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see this happen. It kinda seems like Fleetwood Mac takes their cues from the Eagles, and whatever they do, Mac does, a year or two later.
Old 07-21-2023, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Rumours is still going to sell to new generations, like it always has. I would even say most folks consider Lindsey a member, and not Neil or Mike.
I think the fact that they didn't rerecord old songs and release them as an album with a new lineup like Journey, Blondie, KISS and other bands have says that they believe the songs with Lindsey on them are good as they are.

That being said, I say just re-release Rumours and include Free Fallin', I Got You, and Don't Dream It's Over on them. As songs 13, 14, and 15.
Old 07-21-2023, 07:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
This just sounds like something Mick expressed as a wish - that he’d like to reunite with Lindsey and tour - because of course he would. There’s no reason to think, at least from what we’re given here, that things have progressed at all beyond that.

That said, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see this happen. It kinda seems like Fleetwood Mac takes their cues from the Eagles, and whatever they do, Mac does, a year or two later.
The Eagles did heal with Bernie Leadon, but not Don Felder. It's not going to happen. Even if Stevie can get Sheryl Crow and Vanessa Carlton to protect her from Lindsey.
Old 07-21-2023, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

reunite???

As Barbra Streisand said to Jeff Bridges in The Mirror Has Two Faces...

What for?