Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-26-2023, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I know. Its ridiculous. We got 9 versions of I know I'm not wrong or something but no discarded Tusk songs? Its beyond crazy.
And Smile At You is not included in the Mirage box set either.
WTF
Yet we got those crappy Tango songs like Ooh My Love that were not really songs and raw demos. And no full Mirage concert. The HBO show on CD.
God help us.

Its really hard to be a Fleetwood Mac fan when these corporate record companies do this to us
I was trying to listen to RAL. Which I like a lot of songs on there. But wow there are some real clunkers. I can't stand Sister Honey. Love the title track... and yes those Tango demos.. some are so bad.
Old 08-26-2023, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I was trying to listen to RAL. Which I like a lot of songs on there. But wow there are some real clunkers. I can't stand Sister Honey. Love the title track... and yes those Tango demos.. some are so bad.
Sister Honey had huge potential. Imagine the Heartbreakers playing on it with real drums. Or an electric guitar doing the melody. It could have been a bouncy rocker and a great single. But it is drowning in cheeze funk from the first few seconds when Sista is echoed. Then its almost breakdancing time.
The song has a great guitar solo from Les and a good melody. But its pure 80s trash. The title track is even worse. Remember those organ stores at the mall in the 1980s. Remember those casio keyboards for a few hundred? You could press a button and there would be percussion and some pre-recorded music. It sounds like someone bought one of those, hit the button and Waddy does a few guitar licks through it. Stevie is gasping for air in a cocaine hazy whisper.
Ooh my love on Tango sounds like Stevie is drunk and that basic track she is trying to sing to is so horrible. Shocked they released it.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-26-2023 at 01:26 PM..
Old 08-30-2023, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In order:

White Album
- Every live version of I'm So Afraid since the Tusk tour is better than the studio version

Rumours
- The Live and The Dance performances of Dreams are better than the final one
- I think Brushes is a little bit better than NGBA
- The live version from Dancing Again ('97) of Oh Daddy is better than the studio one

Tusk
- The whole LP is better than the CD

Mirage
- The extended version of Gypsy is better than the final one
- The demo version of Oh Diane is better than the final one

Tango In The Night
- The alternate version of Isn't It Midnight is a bit better than the final one
- Book Of Miracles is better than Juliet
Old 08-30-2023, 09:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post

- The demo version of Oh Diane is better than the final one
I actually like this version better than the one found on the deluxe edition. This recording is far more raw than the final release and features prominent organ work from Christine McVie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GKVaDwmuE
Old 08-31-2023, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
I actually like this version better than the one found on the deluxe edition. This recording is far more raw than the final release and features prominent organ work from Christine McVie.

In fact, this is the version I was talking about! I forgot to say it's the "instrumental" one
Old 08-31-2023, 11:34 AM

Quote:

I love this!
Old 08-31-2023, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I liked too!!! I have never heard it. Does that mean Mick has unreleased material for a new super hyper fancy luxury expanded deluxe Mirage edition?
Old 08-31-2023, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

That version of Oh Diane is leaps better than the final cut. Its so raw and unpredictable which is probably why it was toned down to the Music Box version of Oh Diane. Same with Smile At You. Its also wild and unpredictable and is outside the mold of the music box Mirage. Mirage is overflowing with overdubs and music box predictability.
Did you notice how many times I said music box?
Old 08-31-2023, 12:13 PM

"leaps" is a good word for it.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Oh no

I'll take Lindsey's achingly soft vocals and delicate guitar on the album cut over this lyric-less jam.
Old 09-01-2023, 12:11 PM
Ledgie

Lindsey's solo version of Peacekeeper is light years better than the SYW version.
Stevie's solo version of Thrown Down is light years better than the SYW version.
Old 09-04-2023, 10:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutsideTheRain View Post
Lindsey's solo version of Peacekeeper is light years better than the SYW version.
Stevie's solo version of Thrown Down is light years better than the SYW version.
I agree with you on "Thrown Down", although I'm somewhat mixed on "Peacekeeper". The programmed drums on Lindsey's demo is somewhat irksome and very stiff. There are still some programmed drums on the Say You Will version, but the sound of the snare drum is far less grating.
Old 09-04-2023, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Say Goodbye. When I heard that song the first time I said "It's just ok".

When I saw the 2005 Soundstage Presents Lindsey Buckingham Live In Concert performance, I loved that song. It had nothing to do with Stevie being there. It was because he sang it with far more feeling. The guitar is different than the studio version, too. Slower in the moments it has to be. Contrary to the studio version, where I always imagine the Road Runner running swiftly through the desert.