Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-14-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I agree with you, I'm one big mummy's girl after all.
Me too!! I a big mummy girl!!
Old 05-14-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Me too!! I a big mummy girl!!
For a moment I thought about something like this:

Old 05-14-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
For a moment I thought about something like this:

Christine!!!! lol
Old 05-14-2017, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saradorna View Post
I'm a Stevie fan but also FM and I stop writing here because of all this negative feedback. Fans trying to blame Stevie or Lindsey its just silly. I've seen cycles of hate for diferent members of this band for years here. Starting with Mick, then lindsey and now Stevie and we should stop that. We are so lucky they're still out there playing and making music.
Negativity? Here? Nah, you're so wrong!

I want this album to be a success for Lindsey and for Christine. I couldn't care less about those who chose not to be part of it. To imply it's gonna fail because Stevie is not there or because they didn't try hard enough because again Stevie is not there is ridiculous.
They're all doing what they want, and even though it's not what WE want, we have to live with it.

Happy Mothers Day to all moms here. It's not International Mothers Day, so some of us don't celebrate it today.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:31 PM
Japhry
This message has been deleted by Japhry.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's on iTunes now. And I think it's my favorite of the 3 released songs - even though it's not new. I like it better than the Seeds We Sow versions, but would have liked to have Christine on it too.
I like the raw/sloppy mix, although I know a lot of people don't. It will contrast nicely with some of the more overproduced poppy songs on the album.
And hearing the 3 tracks together makes me realize these songs will hang together well as a whole album.

It's definitely a Lindsey affair -- I can see why Stevie wasn't all in.
I'm excited for June 9th!
Old 05-29-2017, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/501374/li...great-duet.htm

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie release yet another great duet

Written by Nathan Jolly on May 30, 2017

‘Sleeping Around The Corner’ is the third great single from the forthcoming Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie album, which means we’ll have to go and buy it when it comes out on June 9.

For those not in the know, Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie is a duets album by the two Fleetwood Mac geniuses. Despite forty years of collaborating, this will be the pair’s first project together.

The first single ‘In My World’, was a bouncy Rumours-esque track, while second single ‘Feel About It’ was a lovely McVie ballad. We’re sold!

“We’ve always had a particular musical relationship since he first joined the band – it was immediate,” McVie tells the Daily Express about the project. “The whole band was just chemistry abounding but Lindsey and I, me being the piano player and him the guitar player, understand each other musically without saying anything

“We’ve always worked well together over the years but never thought about doing an album together until recently and now we wonder why we didn’t think about doing it before.”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-30-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/501374/li...great-duet.htm

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie release yet another great duet

Written by Nathan Jolly on May 30, 2017

‘Sleeping Around The Corner’ is the third great single from the forthcoming Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie album, which means we’ll have to go and buy it when it comes out on June 9.

For those not in the know, Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie is a duets album by the two Fleetwood Mac geniuses. Despite forty years of collaborating, this will be the pair’s first project together.

The first single ‘In My World’, was a bouncy Rumours-esque track, while second single ‘Feel About It’ was a lovely McVie ballad. We’re sold!

“We’ve always had a particular musical relationship since he first joined the band – it was immediate,” McVie tells the Daily Express about the project. “The whole band was just chemistry abounding but Lindsey and I, me being the piano player and him the guitar player, understand each other musically without saying anything

“We’ve always worked well together over the years but never thought about doing an album together until recently and now we wonder why we didn’t think about doing it before.”
Nice little review!
Old 05-30-2017, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm thinking this song is much more about Stevie than the other one...and I hate the whole soap opera thing....but those lyrics...
Old 05-30-2017, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
I'm thinking this song is much more about Stevie than the other one...and I hate the whole soap opera thing....but those lyrics...
that's interesting how we all hear completely different things. out of all his songs, this particular one never ever struck me to have anything to do with SN. it always reminded me of Christine, from the first listen.

person he's talking about is British (listen to pronounciations and phrases - "give you a frown"). and definitely not a US citizen.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-30-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
that's interesting how we all hear completely different things. out of all his songs, this particular one never ever struck me to have anything to do with SN. it always reminded me of Christine, from the first listen.

person he's talking about is British (listen to pronounciations and phrases - "give you a frown"). and definitely not a US citizen.
In My World, feels so Stevie to me. SATC doesn't strike me as about Stevie.

I do like the Christine theory.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
In My World, feels so Stevie to me. SATC doesn't strike me as about Stevie.

I do like the Christine theory.
In My World is no doubt Stevie and i guess her not-in-not-out without clearly expressing what she would like attitude towards FM.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In My World is no doubt Stevie and i guess her not-in-not-out without clearly expressing what she would like attitude towards FM.
Agreed. IMW is def about Stevie.

Quote:

Maybe it's a cultural thang but I hear Afro-Caribbean dialect.

So the only thing Christine about it is a reference to her Halloween costume in 1978.

Anyway, I looooove the theory that it is about Stevie (don't they have a secret tunnel connecting their houses which are just around the corner from each other?)... but I think it's about him juggling family and art.

I know I've said this before, but I'm just recapping last week's installment of the soap opera.

NOW:

"Feel About You" -- who is THAT about??!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
It doesn't hold back.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Agreed. IMW is def about Stevie.

Maybe it's a cultural thang but I hear Afro-Caribbean dialect.

So the only thing Christine about it is a reference to her Halloween costume in 1978.

Anyway, I looooove the theory that it is about Stevie (don't they have a secret tunnel connecting their houses which are just around the corner from each other?)... but I think it's about him juggling family and art.

I know I've said this before, but I'm just recapping last week's installment of the soap opera.

NOW:

"Feel About You" -- who is THAT about??!
jelly, lol
Old 05-30-2017, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

'she called to me,' meet me at the border'
'wake me up when our papers are in order'
sounds like the tour.

also, the whole 'sleeping around the corner'....didn't they have nearby hotel rooms?

you are right tho that it could be Christine.

Last edited by lennonfan; 05-30-2017 at 10:57 AM..