The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 05-11-2017, 10:11 AM
HoursAndHours HoursAndHours is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
This would be an ideal time to drop 24KG2 and keep riding the wave.
If she's going to do this, I'd guess it would be sometime after the Buckingham McVie album drops. I'm sorta expecting this.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 05-11-2017, 10:18 AM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by editme2 View Post
If Stevie and her management were smart, they'd put out some new product to take advantage of the great press and success of the tour. But I've been a fan long enough to know that that ain't gonna happen.... :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
This would be an ideal time to drop 24KG2 and keep riding the wave.
I agree, but I don't think it's gonna happen, at least in the next future.
As far as we know after she closed her contract with her label in 2014 she hasn't made a new one either with the same or another label, and I think not many labels would offer a satisfying contract for her at this point in her career. I've sort of thougth in the back of my mind that her newfound aversion to recording new material may stem from this kind of situation.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 05-11-2017, 12:18 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
If she's going to do this, I'd guess it would be sometime after the Buckingham McVie album drops. I'm sorta expecting this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I agree, but I don't think it's gonna happen, at least in the next future.
Does anyone recall that interview with Waddy that came out during the last Fleetwood Mac tour? He talked about a new SN album and said they have already recorded it and it was in the can, ready to be released. So maybe she is holding it back until the release of her largest competitor's.
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 05-11-2017, 01:07 PM
24karatstevie's Avatar
24karatstevie 24karatstevie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Missouri
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Does anyone recall that interview with Waddy that came out during the last Fleetwood Mac tour? He talked about a new SN album and said they have already recorded it and it was in the can, ready to be released. So maybe she is holding it back until the release of her largest competitor's.
Yes where is that one person who had "connections" and correctly predicted the 24 Karat Gold Tour?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 05-11-2017, 02:02 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Does anyone recall that interview with Waddy that came out during the last Fleetwood Mac tour? He talked about a new SN album and said they have already recorded it and it was in the can, ready to be released. So maybe she is holding it back until the release of her largest competitor's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
Yes where is that one person who had "connections" and correctly predicted the 24 Karat Gold Tour?
It's true, I didn't remember at first;

Here is the 2015 Waddy interview:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Extracts which are relevant...

http://guitar.com/articles/waddy-wac...icks-pat-mcgee

Guitar.com: I figured it was something along those lines. And are you working with Stevie Nicks these days?

W: Well I will be. At this point Stevie is on the road with Fleetwood.

Guitar.com: Yeah, I mean when she's done with that.

W: Oh yeah. We have every intention of getting back on the road and promoting the record we made, that no one has heard yet.

Guitar.com: And you'll be serving as musical director?

W: Sure, yeah. Definitely. I just spoke to her the day before yesterday, and she's looking forward to it very much, as I am. We made a great record and no one has heard it yet.

Guitar.com: Right, you've got to get out there.

W: Yeah. Well just timing-wise, it didn't work out, because Christine coming back into the band (Fleetwood Mac) precluded everything, because as soon as the promoters heard about it, every show was sold out.

Guitar.com: Of course.

W: And now they're out there killin', so it's great. But we'll be back early next year, probably.
And this was what the poster in question said last year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLN1 View Post
what I know
tour with Pretenders
new album
Dave is out
Major Producer in
New Gypsy in Major Movie
FMac tour '17
Stevie still has not contributed as of yet
few hints at other projects
Now, I'm not saying that it won't ever happen, it's just that on one hand Stevie's way of thinking seems to be somewhat changed, even if I have to say she changes idea a lot and probably will change again. On the other hand the fact that Stevie collaborated with Lana del Rey and she hinted that her own producer (and Stevie's past producer) Rick Nowels "did stuff with Stevie Nicks a while ago" stirred my hopes.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 05-11-2017, 03:31 PM
James89 James89 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 822
Default

I pray for a new album without Dave Stewart. Just listen to Trouble in Shangri-La and then In Your Dreams and 24KG and you'll understand.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05-11-2017, 03:40 PM
TheWildHeart67 TheWildHeart67 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 207
Default

Quote:
I pray for a new album without Dave Stewart. Just listen to Trouble in Shangri-La and then In Your Dreams and 24KG and you'll understand.
I LOVED "Trouble in Shangri-La," and I loved "IYD" AND "24KG."
So, no, I don't understand. It's all about what you like.
I personally think "24KG" is her best since "The Wild Heart." And I LOVE "Shangri-La." Just saying.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I'll be honest- I find this stunning! The album was not a hit but this tour has performed beyond expectations. When the tour was first announced, I really thought it would be a bust, but it was so popular she had to add over 15 more dates.

Incredible.
Who expected the album to be a hit? Are people retarded or something? She is in her 60s for Gods sake.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-11-2017, 04:52 PM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,234
Default

Quote from above:

Guitar.com: I figured it was something along those lines. And are you working with Stevie Nicks these days?

W: Well I will be. At this point Stevie is on the road with Fleetwood.

Guitar.com: Yeah, I mean when she's done with that.

W: Oh yeah. We have every intention of getting back on the road and promoting the record we made, that no one has heard yet.

Guitar.com: And you'll be serving as musical director?

W: Sure, yeah. Definitely. I just spoke to her the day before yesterday, and she's looking forward to it very much, as I am. We made a great record and no one has heard it yet.

Guitar.com: Right, you've got to get out there.

W: Yeah. Well just timing-wise, it didn't work out, because Christine coming back into the band (Fleetwood Mac) precluded everything, because as soon as the promoters heard about it, every show was sold out.

Guitar.com: Of course.

W: And now they're out there killin', so it's great. But we'll be back early next year, probably.


When I saw this I thought he was referring to 24KG and the fact that it sold poorly, hence "nobody has heard it."

I pray I am wrong, but....
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-11-2017, 05:01 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Quote from above:

Guitar.com: I figured it was something along those lines. And are you working with Stevie Nicks these days?

W: Well I will be. At this point Stevie is on the road with Fleetwood.

Guitar.com: Yeah, I mean when she's done with that.

W: Oh yeah. We have every intention of getting back on the road and promoting the record we made, that no one has heard yet.

Guitar.com: And you'll be serving as musical director?

W: Sure, yeah. Definitely. I just spoke to her the day before yesterday, and she's looking forward to it very much, as I am. We made a great record and no one has heard it yet.

Guitar.com: Right, you've got to get out there.

W: Yeah. Well just timing-wise, it didn't work out, because Christine coming back into the band (Fleetwood Mac) precluded everything, because as soon as the promoters heard about it, every show was sold out.

Guitar.com: Of course.

W: And now they're out there killin', so it's great. But we'll be back early next year, probably.


When I saw this I thought he was referring to 24KG and the fact that it sold poorly, hence "nobody has heard it."

I pray I am wrong, but....
Yes, that's a better explanation actually. And he meant the 24K Gold Tour brought more people to hear the record songs.
I don't think that 24K Gold will be Stevie's last output, but I don't think she'll venture into making fast records with quick recording sessions ever again, so no new album in the near future.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-11-2017, 05:29 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Who expected the album to be a hit? Are people retarded or something? She is in her 60s for Gods sake.
Classy response as usual, Jondalar
__________________
"Why is it that people who can't take advice always insist on giving it?"- James Bond
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-11-2017, 08:29 PM
HoursAndHours HoursAndHours is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Yes, that's a better explanation actually. And he meant the 24K Gold Tour brought more people to hear the record songs.
I don't think that 24K Gold will be Stevie's last output, but I don't think she'll venture into making fast records with quick recording sessions ever again, so no new album in the near future.

I disagree. I bet we have an announcement by July sometime. It may not be SFTV 2, but I think we'll hear something.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 05-11-2017, 11:35 PM
MikeInNV MikeInNV is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Quote from above:

Guitar.com: I figured it was something along those lines. And are you working with Stevie Nicks these days?

W: Well I will be. At this point Stevie is on the road with Fleetwood.

Guitar.com: Yeah, I mean when she's done with that.

W: Oh yeah. We have every intention of getting back on the road and promoting the record we made, that no one has heard yet.

Guitar.com: And you'll be serving as musical director?

W: Sure, yeah. Definitely. I just spoke to her the day before yesterday, and she's looking forward to it very much, as I am. We made a great record and no one has heard it yet.

Guitar.com: Right, you've got to get out there.

W: Yeah. Well just timing-wise, it didn't work out, because Christine coming back into the band (Fleetwood Mac) precluded everything, because as soon as the promoters heard about it, every show was sold out.

Guitar.com: Of course.

W: And now they're out there killin', so it's great. But we'll be back early next year, probably.


When I saw this I thought he was referring to 24KG and the fact that it sold poorly, hence "nobody has heard it."

I pray I am wrong, but....
You're not wrong. No other interpretation is plausible.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-12-2017, 05:54 AM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
I disagree. I bet we have an announcement by July sometime. It may not be SFTV 2, but I think we'll hear something.
Oh noone would be happier than me if that happens (SFTV 2), I'm just not gonna hold my breath.
However it's possible that she'll release something and I think it's probable she's working at the moment, it's a hot period for her.
She also talked about recording more songs and repackage the album, that would be more likely in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 05-12-2017, 07:17 AM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,354
Default

Top 20 Global Concert Tours from Pollstar

The Top 20 Global Concert Tours ranks artists by average box office gross per city and includes the average ticket price for shows Worldwide. The list is based on data provided to the trade publication Pollstar by concert promoters and venue managers.

TOP 20 GLOBAL CONCERT TOURS

1. Drake; $1,959,318; $90.37.

2. Red Hot Chili Peppers; $1,407,593; $87.52.

3. Bon Jovi; $1,333,261; $86.11.

4. Trans-Siberian Orchestra; $1,131,205; $55.03.

5. Olly Murs; $1,088,455; $60.17.

6. The Weeknd; $925,646; $60.64.

7. Eric Church; $855,565; $59.90.

8. Stevie Nicks; $843,404; $94.60.

9. Ariana Grande; $842,167; $76.56.

10. Kings Of Leon; $729,803; $64.44.

11. Blake Shelton; $723,045; $62.11.

12. Green Day; $648,775; $56.13.

13. Jerry Seinfeld; $635,556; $95.02.

14. Journey; $582,970; $77.31.

15. Twenty One Pilots; $544,483; $47.84.

16. Bryan Adams; $542,717; $84.20.

17. Jack Whitehall; $524,720; $39.24.

18. "The Illusionists"; $507,417; $62.61.

19. Charlie Wilson; $490,375; $65.99.

20. Panic! At The Disco; $461,831; $47.85.

For free upcoming tour information, go to www.pollstar.com



Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/entertain...#storylink=cpy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved